Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.44
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.44
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [1]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [1]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: Business attire for women [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
My two cents on this- and there is no right or wrong but when I was in admissions I did notice if someone had an unusual necklace or shoes or dress etc. I do think a dress with a jacket can be a nice change from the standard suit. I think while black is fine, you don't have to be always in black if you prefer another neutral such as grey or khaki or navy. You can add color with a shirt or scarf. If you want to really link to school wear an accent of the school's colors! I think that there are no "absolute" rules but that you need to look the part. Different people will have different styles and you should never stray so far from your comfort zone that you risk losing your confidence just to fit in. The right place will appreciate both you and your look and you will feel effortlessly comfortable there.
The only absolute I have is no strong perfumes as that really can be a turnoff on the admissions side and someone might have chemical sensitivities. But otherwise, use common sense and err on conservative side.

bloomaces wrote:
Dakells wrote:
It's interesting to read everyone's opinions and how strongly some people feel about them. I work in banking and have never seen a female wear a suit that wasn't black. Also, I wore patent leather FLATS to my interviews. Granted they were very nice, had some decoration, but I am super tall and have foot problems so had to go with them. Oh and my hair is below my shoulders and I wear it down to interviews, ha!

Anyways, would be curious about the following, especially if there are any current students who see this:

1) How many suits do you think is necessary for b school? I plan to recruit for brand management/marketing. What colors are recommended other than black? As mentioned, I haven't really seen women wear suits that aren't black so I'm curious what other popular colors are.

2) What is the attire for most company presentations? Is it suits, business casual? What do you usually wear to these functions?

1) Two to three suits. Mostly skirts, but one pants suit is good for cold weather. Grey is best and practically a uniform. Navy and black are acceptable. Brown or any other color is never acceptable.
2) We had business casual, which is much dresssier than it sounds. For women, it means a dress with a jacket, a skirt with a cardigan or jacket and shirt, or pants with a matching shirt and jacket. Jackets/blazer are pretty much always on the menu. Stick with mainly neutrals, no loud jewelry
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Nice topic and replies are really helpful, i have tended to find business attire is less formal than I was used to in the US. i chosen my business attire from Calibreapparel they have great collection of business apparel
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Darden2010 wrote:
Hello to all the women on this forum

I was able to find some business atire suggestions for men on this forum, but none for women.

So what is considered an acceptable business attire for women these days?
Where do you normaly shop?

When I lived in the US I bought a couple of suits from JC Penny's and Liz Claiborne

I've been getting my suits from spots like Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft. H&M has some great isolates (skirts, pullovers, etc)...Macy's/Nordstrom more often than not has some decent stuff also. The issue there is that frequently you need to purchase a similar size in top/base in the suit - on the off chance that you require diverse sizes, your most logical option is presumably Banana/Ann Taylor, and so forth.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i used to get clothes for my fiance from pedz, Paletanique, Belda, Origano and K9. these are the brands that you can get in normal cost with great quality. She loves to wear them as they are very comfortable according to her. I would recommend all to at least try something for their loved one from these brands.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
It seems that bussiness attire for men is easier to find while on the contrary, cocktail attire for women is easier because they have a variety of styles and designs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Any suit combination is fine (pant suit, skirt suit, shift dress with jacket). I personally love Theory because 1) you can buy the pants and blazers separately; 2) they have different types of pants and blazers that suit different figures and 3) it's traditional enough yet modern.

This forum has a wide array of interview situations but (with the exception of banking) I wouldn't be too formal. No pantyhose (nobody wears them to work anymore); some fun shoes, some nice jewelry. Show the company and / or school you are a person.

As someone who graduated CBS 12 years ago I can tell you that:
1) For post MBA interviews (e.g. second job post MBA) most people wear one step dressier than the company norm. If it is business casual, wear a suit. If everyone wears jeans, wear a dress. You don't want to be so much dressier than the person interviewing you.

2) With the exception of a few companies - very few people wear suits to work anymore. I worked in consulting and the only time I ever wore a suit was when I went to interview MBA applicants!

3) You want to show you are mature and have a bit of personality. Look appropriate but appropriate means being comfortable with a boot or a fun ring (again depending upon company culture).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It'll also depend on your personal taste and tolerance. I've heard you can get lucky and find some good deals at TJ Max.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Hi there! I would love to hear your opinions on nose piercings during MBA interviews as well as during business school. I've had a nose piercing for over 10 years but I work in Tech and no one minds it. Do you think I should remove it just for the interview or should I remove it forever? I already changed it from a nose ring to a small silver stud.
Thanks in advance!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
Send PM
Hi everyone.. I'm going to start school at stern this fall. Is there a dress code there?
what would be the appropriate attire in winter? Are boots to class OK during winter/rains?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Status:«Every day can not be good, but there is something good in every day»
Send PM
For me, this is also relevant information. Please answer if someone knows. Thank.
PalC10 wrote:
Hi everyone.. I'm going to start school at stern this fall. Is there a dress code there?
what would be the appropriate attire in winter? Are boots to class OK during winter/rains?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also love H&M, they definitely know something about my shape, course I found there a nice look for me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
There are a lot of shared office outfits here, but there seem to be some that don't seem right.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey everyone - planning to shop business attire in the coming weeks. Need advice regarding how many pairs of suits to have. I am planning to recruit for PM/PMM roles in the tech industry. My staple so far has been jeans and T-shirt, so I'm in desperate need of some advice! Also, I am an international applicant (based out of India) so I might be oblivious to a few things that others might find a tad bit obvious.

Also - what about footwear? My feet are a bit wide and I find the standard ballerina type (closed-toe) footwear uncomfortable and often painful. Appreciate any suggestions!
Intern
Intern
David : Colins SC
GMAT 1: 720 Q43 V48
GRE 1: Q153 V155
Send PM
Scripts Complete

Spanish Transcription Services | Importance of Spanish

Significance Of Spanish Transcription Services

Spanish transcription is hugely in demand from the last few years and this need is increasing rapidly with time. But, before getting deep into the significance of Spanish transcription, let’s get the basics clear.

Transcription - Transcription is the name given to the procedure of typing words after listening to them either from an audio or video file. The same also be performed with the hard copy documents and can be converted into editable digital/ soft copy documents.
After understanding the definition, you might have some questions in your mind like why are these services important?, Who hire such services? etc. Well, the answer is quite clear, transcription services are broadly used by almost every single industry. Be it legal or medical, be to academics or business, be it tourism or technology, every niche requires such services in the present era of time.
Converting your content into transcripts can be super beneficial in improving sales, making you reach international and foreign markets, increasing customer trust, and enhancing brand value. In this article we will be focusing on how Spanish transcription services are needed by different industries and how is it impacting the world.

Business Impacts of Professional Spanish Transcription Services

Professional Spanish transcription services have a long and lasting impact on various industries like Academics, Business, Tourism, Manufacturing, Export & Import, and many others. Spanish is not only common to the people living in Spain but has the most number of speakers in Mexico and the United States. The businesses getting operated under Spanish speaking regions of the world, or by the Spanish professionals need online Spanish transcription services to make them reach millions around the world.

Businesses need Spanish transcription services for various purposes like executing their marketing plans in the targeted areas, helps in training the newly joined employees of the company; can be used for keeping records of the multiple meetings/ video call conferences and others.
These services can also be hired along with the translation, so that your transcription can also be translated and can be made available for the foreign language speaking audience. Spanish transcription with translation in any other language is the key to marketing your business in a new foreign region and targeting international audiences.

Current Spanish State & Transcription Needs

A number of close to 500 million is associated with the Spanish speaking population in the world. It is the second most widely spoken language on the planet and is also the third most used language on the internet these days. More than 8% of internet users prefer Spanish as their language for making internet searches.

By the end of the year 2050, the number of Spanish speakers will rise up to 750 million worldwide. This is a huge number to target with respect to businesses and thus the demand for the Spanish transcription services can be seen increasing. It is expected that the United States will have around 138 million of Spanish speakers till the end of 2050 and this will make it the country with the most number of Spanish speakers leaving Mexico and Spain behind.

With such expectation, the upcoming need for Spanish to English transcription services can be clearly seen. Transcription services are not only valid and suitable for businesses alone but the video audio creators can also get benefitted from such services. Adding Spanish transcripts along with the content will not only increase the number of views but also make the content available to the deaf or hard of hearing population.
As per various authorities in the US, any content being created has to be made accessible for the hard of hearing individuals as well and transcripts are one great way to achieve that. It will also improve the overall revenue for any business, or content creator.

What To Look For In A Spanish Transcription Service?

There are four basic things that you need to look for before hiring any Spanish transcription service. These include:
Native Transcribers: - As Spanish is a language with multiple dialects and the difference between them is huge, thus hiring a service with native transcribers is super important for high accuracy and quality results.

Multiple Language Support: The agency or the transcription company should support multiple languages and dialects as then only they will be able to transcribe and translate your content in your desired language. Multiple dialect support is important for their professionals to understand and deliver correct Spanish dialect content.

TAT: Turnaround time is another factor to look for here. If a company is taking too long for delivering quality results, it will not be that effective and you will not have enough time always. Better to go with the company that offers quality services in the quickest time span possible.
Accuracy: The most important thing to notice is the accuracy offered by a brand. The more the accuracy the more satisfied clients. You can also ask for previously proven work details before hiring.

Scripts Complete is one such brand offering its Spanish transcription services internationally. The company has a team of certified native transcribers that delivers at least 98% accurate results at the earliest. The company supports more than 100 languages with its dialects for better language support.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
What To Look For In A Spanish Transcription Service?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I'd suggest business pants as well
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9