GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Apr 2019, 09:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 01:33
hey guys - received an interview invite, but I'm a little confused by the AO's note regarding removing our motivation essays?
"If you don’t wish to share your Motivation Essays, you may remove just those pages."
Is there any reason that we wouldn't want to share our essays? Is it advisable to not share them? Just wondering how it affects the process and what the best thing to do is.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 03:10
inseadhopeful123 wrote:
hey guys - received an interview invite, but I'm a little confused by the AO's note regarding removing our motivation essays?
"If you don’t wish to share your Motivation Essays, you may remove just those pages."
Is there any reason that we wouldn't want to share our essays? Is it advisable to not share them? Just wondering how it affects the process and what the best thing to do is.

I’m not 100% sure what the reason is why they ask us to remove the essays if we wish, but I think it may have to do with the fact that the essays can get quite personal.

I didn’t remove mine. And personally, would suggest you not to either. I had my first interview already and my interviewer had definitely read my entire application. And that really allowed us to have a candid conversation.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck! :)

Posted from my mobile device
ARLee Consulting
G
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 03:22
Hi inseadhopeful123,

as WaitlistMuch has mentioned, the Motivation Essays are more personal, and therefore INSEAD doesn't want interviewers to have any biases before meeting the candidate.

INSEAD even asks interviewers to not read those essays. So even if you share them, they may opt to skip them.

Whether to share them or not is completely up to you. But if you do share them and the interviewer has gone through them in detail, you might expect an interview with more specific questions, and even some "I already read that in your application. Please, tell me about another story" kind of reactions.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: https://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Email us your CV for a free evaluation of your profile

Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE!

Check out MBA Essay Database. Download our App and enjoy discounts and free stuff.
INSEAD Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 20:13
inseadhopeful123 wrote:

Hi Inseadhopeful123,

For 19J, several applicants sent in their entire application form without removing the motivation essays as they feel that the additional write-ups will allow the interviewers to know them better before the interview.

One thing to note is that applicants from earlier batches were instructed to remove their motivation essays before sending it in. As Alex mentioned, it might be the case that the interviewers will avoid reading the motivation essays even if you send them in and focus on knowing you better through the face-to-face interview itself.

Hope this helps! All the best for your upcoming interviews!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 09:46
Hey guys! I just posted my interview debrief. I decided to share my motivational essays.

Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 09:50
1 month now until results are released! Did some data searching and it seems INSEAD has highest conversion from interviews to offers?

Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 10:21
I read somewhere that it was around 50% - not sure how reliable the source was, though

edit: kebabcurry take a look at this! Other sources disagree though
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 14:27
Hey guys,

I stumbled upon this blog, the author gives a pretty interesting insight of his INSEAD experience. It's a bit old but worth taking a look!
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2019, 05:55
Extremely delayed THANK YOU Hideto :)

Hideto wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
INSEAD R2 APPLICANTS: my narrated PowerPoint on motivation essay 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaAAVeoge3A
The audio is a bit loud at the top of each slide - I get it - have since learned much (and applied little) about podcasting audio shiz!

This is awesome Farrell! Appreciate the great effort put into making this guide and I am sure this will be a very useful reference for all future INSEAD applicants!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2019, 19:28
Hi! For everyone who has completed their interview, did you send thank you emails to your alumni interviewers? Were they able to respond? I'm trying not to read to much into it, but can a response with 'good luck in your application' be viewed in a positive light?
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2019, 19:56
kslj wrote:
Hi! For everyone who has completed their interview, did you send thank you emails to your alumni interviewers? Were they able to respond? I'm trying not to read to much into it, but can a response with 'good luck in your application' be viewed in a positive light?
kslj

Yes, I mean, if they submitted bad feedback it might be unlikely for them to say this, unless they are a sociopath.

But I dont want to scare thank you senders who dont get a response.

Many interviews feel its important to be proper: avoid any illusion of bias or "hinting." They might just smile to themselves when receiving your note.

What I do know is you should send one, that is for sure!

Show you were listening. Highlight anything they said that left you with a 1) strong positive impression of the school, and 2) anything you felt particularly resonated with your values or strengths.

Also is there something you might have forgotten that you think is important, after reflecting on the conversation. A datapoint you think would help you or establish rapport.

I encourage my applicants to be as specific as possible in their feedback, rather than general statements or impression. Like when you mentioned XYZ I thought to myself XYZ. More so than it was great to hear that the culture there is collaborative.

When it feels natural, quote or paraphrase them to show that you have the capability to listen to other people and their experiences. This makes you look like a more attractive learning team member, and nothing is worse than having a dkhead self-centered learning team member. A lot of these alumni are, in part, out to protect the experiences of their future alumni.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

http://mbaprepcoach.com
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2019, 21:16
Thank you so much. i was worried i might have botched one question on the interview and was overthinking about it.

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
kslj wrote:
kslj

Yes, I mean, if they submitted bad feedback it might be unlikely for them to say this, unless they are a sociopath.

But I dont want to scare thank you senders who dont get a response.

Many interviews feel its important to be proper: avoid any illusion of bias or "hinting." They might just smile to themselves when receiving your note.

What I do know is you should send one, that is for sure!

Show you were listening. Highlight anything they said that left you with a 1) strong positive impression of the school, and 2) anything you felt particularly resonated with your values or strengths.

Also is there something you might have forgotten that you think is important, after reflecting on the conversation. A datapoint you think would help you or establish rapport.

I encourage my applicants to be as specific as possible in their feedback, rather than general statements or impression. Like when you mentioned XYZ I thought to myself XYZ. More so than it was great to hear that the culture there is collaborative.

When it feels natural, quote or paraphrase them to show that you have the capability to listen to other people and their experiences. This makes you look like a more attractive learning team member, and nothing is worse than having a dkhead self-centered learning team member. A lot of these alumni are, in part, out to protect the experiences of their future alumni.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

http://mbaprepcoach.com
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD Jan '20

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 13:16
Can someone provide insights into Round 2 vs Round 3 for INSEAD for an Indian applicant.

I was targeting Round 2 but might want to wait till Round 3 to apply if there isn't a significant difference.

Brief Profile:
GMAT : 760 ( Q:51; V:41 )
GPA : 8.9/9 ( Tier 1 college )
Degrees : BE in Comp Sc. + MSc. in Economics
Experience : 5 years of experience working in the tech division of a leading American investment bank. Job base : Bangalore, India.
Current Status: Currently unemployed. I left my job last year to take a break to travel and explore a career change. I have just started looking for jobs now.
INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 19:17
rj29 wrote:
Can someone provide insights into Round 2 vs Round 3 for INSEAD for an Indian applicant.

I was targeting Round 2 but might want to wait till Round 3 to apply if there isn't a significant difference.

Brief Profile:
GMAT : 760 ( Q:51; V:41 )
GPA : 8.9/9 ( Tier 1 college )
Degrees : BE in Comp Sc. + MSc. in Economics
Experience : 5 years of experience working in the tech division of a leading American investment bank. Job base : Bangalore, India.
Current Status: Currently unemployed. I left my job last year to take a break to travel and explore a career change. I have just started looking for jobs now.

Hi rj29,

I will defer to the consultants to give you a more detailed rundown but here are my thoughts:

Competition is rife for Indian applicants due to the large number of applicants so if you are able to complete your application in time, it is advisable to submit it in Round 2 as the available slots will be far greater than in Round 3.

That being said, as Round 2 deadline is only 6 days away, it is not advisable to rush through the essays if you have not started the writing process yet. In this case, you might want to submit in Round 3 so that you can make full use of the extra 1.5 months to make the necessary preparations and submit a well-thought-out application. Remember, you only have one shot to impress the Admissions Committee!

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 00:44
Do admission decisions come in on the notification deadline through the portal/email? Or is it similar to the interview notification where they started coming in 7-10 days before?
I presume all R1 applicants are done with interviews so now starts the time of constantly refreshing our emails haha
INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 01:03
inseadhopeful123 wrote:
Do admission decisions come in on the notification deadline through the portal/email? Or is it similar to the interview notification where they started coming in 7-10 days before?
I presume all R1 applicants are done with interviews so now starts the time of constantly refreshing our emails haha

Hi inseadhopeful123,

The deadline for R1 decision notifications is 26th April 2019 and successful candidates will be contacted via phone. Admittance calls usually go out in the week leading up to the deadline so applicants can expect to start receiving their +33 calls from 22nd April (Monday) onwards.

Good luck to all R1 applicants! (:
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 01:11
Worth noting that the 22nd is a bank holiday in most of Europe because of Easter. Not sure if that means that no decisions will be communicated that day, but most likely that is the case.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 03:14
Hello,

My recommender is asking if he needs to upload anything separately on the recommendation questions page. He has already typed his answers in the question text boxes. Does anyone have any idea on this?

Thanks
INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 03:32
ankitagrawal079 wrote:
Hello,

My recommender is asking if he needs to upload anything separately on the recommendation questions page. He has already typed his answers in the question text boxes. Does anyone have any idea on this?

Thanks

Hi ankita,

Everything the recommender needs to fill in is indicated by the empty text boxes provided on the form. There is no need to attach or upload any additional documents separately.

Hope this helps!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 03:56
Hey guys does anyone know where to find the academic calendar/schedule for the 2020 year? I cant seem to find anything on the website indicating the start dates..Perhaps I overlooked it but I dont think its anywhere obvious..

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2019, 03:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  15    Next  [ 283 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap