GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Apr 2019, 03:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  
INSEAD Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 05:10
inseadhopeful123 wrote:
Hey guys does anyone know where to find the academic calendar/schedule for the 2020 year? I cant seem to find anything on the website indicating the start dates..Perhaps I overlooked it but I dont think its anywhere obvious..

Posted from my mobile device

The school doesn’t provide the exact dates of its academic calendar online on the public website. My understanding is that it is available only to admitted students on the school’s portal (MBA Connect)

That being said, each period is two months so the rough breakdown of the academic calendar for the January intake should be as follows:

P1 - Jan to Feb
P2 - Mar to Apr
P3 - May to June
Summer break / internship period from July to August
P4 - Sept to Oct
P5 - Nov to Dec

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: INSEAD Jan '19
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2019, 22:38
Hi Folks,

My stats below:
Nationality: Indian (female)
Work Ex: 5 years
Areas : Supply Chain, E-commerce
International exp : 11 months full time
GMAT : 710
I am considering applying for INSEAD; Round 3 of Jan 2020 intake (graduating class of Dec 2020). Should i go for it or should I wait and apply in R1 of the next intake. The reason for reconsidering is that I have heard that Insead isn't very reapplication friendly . Also would like some insights on acceptance in Round 3.

TIA
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 04:57
Hi All,

I am applying to INSEAD Jan'20 in R2. I am fluent in both English and Hindi. I am thinking of declaring Hindi as my first native language, and English as my second native language. In this case, I don't need to show any proof for Hindi, but I need to show some proof for English. The acceptable proof for English are the standard tests or a university degree taught in english, with the transcripts saying so.

My university degree was taught in English, but the problem is that the transcripts don't say anything like that. I have a program brochure which says that the course was taught in English. Any idea if that program brochure would be an acceptable proof?

For your reference, here is the link to that program brochure (go to page 10)
http://econdse.org/wp-content/uploads/2 ... -final.pdf
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 07:02
Hi everyone, i have a question regarding to Insead application.

I started the round 2 application for Jan 2020 intake, but i don't think i will have time to finish it. My 2 referee have done their recommendation online.

Anyway i can roll the current application to a later one, say round 3 for Jan 2020 intake or even round 1 for Sep 2020 intake?

thanks
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 08:50
Hi ankitagrawal079!

I remember someone with a similar question in an INSEAD webinar. The adcom said they are acquainted with how things work in India and know degrees are taught in English so you shouldn't have any issues.

Cheers!

ankitagrawal079 wrote:
Hi All,

I am applying to INSEAD Jan'20 in R2. I am fluent in both English and Hindi. I am thinking of declaring Hindi as my first native language, and English as my second native language. In this case, I don't need to show any proof for Hindi, but I need to show some proof for English. The acceptable proof for English are the standard tests or a university degree taught in english, with the transcripts saying so.

My university degree was taught in English, but the problem is that the transcripts don't say anything like that. I have a program brochure which says that the course was taught in English. Any idea if that program brochure would be an acceptable proof?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 09:04
Hey rc1913!

The application for the same intake gets saved. So if you miss the deadline, you will retain all the information and LoRs for the next round. However, for the September intake you will need to start over, and probably your recommenders will have to resubmit their letters.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Cheers

rc1913 wrote:

I started the round 2 application for Jan 2020 intake, but i don't think i will have time to finish it. My 2 referee have done their recommendation online.

Anyway i can roll the current application to a later one, say round 3 for Jan 2020 intake or even round 1 for Sep 2020 intake?

thanks
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 09:15
Hello Ankita!

Usually universities offer transcript or official letter mentioning that medium of instruction of course was English and this is acceptable proof. I did the same. Speak to your university.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Admission Consulting

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 19:21
When can we expect calls for R1 to start rolling in?

INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 19:54
kebabcurry wrote:
When can we expect calls for R1 to start rolling in?

Calls should starting coming in from 22nd April onwards and all candidates will be contacted before the notification deadline of 26th April.

All the best to all R1 applicants!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2019, 06:19
Thanks for that, it helps.

juralvesf wrote:
Hey rc1913!

The application for the same intake gets saved. So if you miss the deadline, you will retain all the information and LoRs for the next round. However, for the September intake you will need to start over, and probably your recommenders will have to resubmit their letters.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Cheers

rc1913 wrote:

thanks
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2019, 10:45
Is the application portal down?

INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2019, 01:08
Yes, but given R3 is out a ways, don't forget to keep the application updated, further progression or impact at work, any additional international projects or exposure, keep the CV updated - and job essays. If you feel a better example materialized for the rec questions yes bother them this is your life. Other applicants will be submitting best of the best up to that day so make sure you hold yourself to the same standard.

rc1913 wrote:

thanks

INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2019, 01:10
kunal_raizada wrote:

Hi Kunal,

I just checked and the portal seems to be working fine. Are you still facing issues with the site?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2019, 01:13
Yes, when trying to access from India, the website wont load. Total failure.
So, i used my comoanies VPN which is hosted in US, and it open instantly.

Hideto wrote:
kunal_raizada wrote:

Hi Kunal,

I just checked and the portal seems to be working fine. Are you still facing issues with the site?
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2019, 01:15
inseadhopeful123 This question has been answered but my R3 client for Sept batch is a prime example: he is Lebanese and very active in a specific political party and also a Christian, which is a minority group there. He discussed helping to overthrow the Syrian occupation in his essays and someone from another part of town might have different political leanings based on their religion, and party.

inseadhopeful123 wrote:
hey guys - received an interview invite, but I'm a little confused by the AO's note regarding removing our motivation essays?
"If you don’t wish to share your Motivation Essays, you may remove just those pages."
Is there any reason that we wouldn't want to share our essays? Is it advisable to not share them? Just wondering how it affects the process and what the best thing to do is.

INSEAD Thread Master
D

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2019, 01:22
Very kind and generous of you juralvesf
juralvesf wrote:
Hey guys! I just posted my interview debrief. I decided to share my motivational essays.

Good luck to all!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 02:55
Just finished my video interview, or in other words, finalized the submission for R2. I am having a mix feeling about this, both happy and nervous. Ahhhh!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 03:00
Is it fine to write down during the 45 sec prep time in interview?
starkfromthenorth wrote:
Just finished my video interview, or in other words, finalized the submission for R2. I am having a mix feeling about this, both happy and nervous. Ahhhh!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 03:06
kunal_raizada wrote:
starkfromthenorth wrote:

I did write during the video interview in a bullet point format just to get all the ideas that I would like to articulate later more organized. But in the end I hardly took a look at the list during the interview.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 03:18
starkfromthenorth wrote:
kunal_raizada wrote:
starkfromthenorth wrote:

I did write during the video interview in a bullet point format just to get all the ideas that I would like to articulate later more organized. But in the end I hardly took a look at the list during the interview.

Sounds good.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)   [#permalink] 19 Apr 2019, 03:18

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 225 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap