GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 May 2019, 17:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2019, 20:26
So how do these notifications work? Do they call every accepted candidate? Do they send emails or update it on the application portal too? I'm travelling and I have signal issues..just wondering what I should be refreshing every thirty seconds..
Also what about rejection? Are they sent over email this week, or do candidates just presume they're dinged if they don't hear back by the 26th?

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2019, 20:37
inseadhopeful123 wrote:
So how do these notifications work? Do they call every accepted candidate? Do they send emails or update it on the application portal too? I'm travelling and I have signal issues..just wondering what I should be refreshing every thirty seconds..
Also what about rejection? Are they sent over email this week, or do candidates just presume they're dinged if they don't hear back by the 26th?

Hi inseadhopeful123,

Admitted candidates will receive a call from their AO any time during the week, usually before Friday. That being said, I have seen some candidates get their admittance notifications through email as well (occurs very rarely). Waitlisted or rejected candidates will be notified via email.

Ultimately, every candidate will receive a call or email updating them on their status before the deadline (26th) so rest assured that you will be notified by INSEAD by the end of the working week. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 00:41
Hideto wrote:

A 20J R1 applicant asked for an early decision from INSEAD as it clashed with the Cambridge MBA deposit deadline. INSEAD subsequently called him up on Monday instead of the usual Tuesday-Friday period. I am not sure if this was due to his request for an early decision but he suspects that it might be the case.

All in all, it is not advisable for candidates to ask for an early decision unless they are facing an extremely tight situation. Hope this answers your question!

Thanks, makes sense.

Similarly, what type of errors would be "corrected" in these cases?

I've trawled through the forums and think I recall people updating references and retaking the GMAT (and sending updated scores), or that's the way I interpret these things.

Do people do this? Only concern is re references - one is a typical glowing current supervisor reference, but the other two are community/extraprofessional references which may not adhere to the nuances/tact of the business world (e.g. they were a bit less pointy and were as blunt in describing my weaknesses as they were my strengths). I know this is drifting to another topic, but worth talking about too...

INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 00:56
legendfunk wrote:
Hideto wrote:

A 20J R1 applicant asked for an early decision from INSEAD as it clashed with the Cambridge MBA deposit deadline. INSEAD subsequently called him up on Monday instead of the usual Tuesday-Friday period. I am not sure if this was due to his request for an early decision but he suspects that it might be the case.

All in all, it is not advisable for candidates to ask for an early decision unless they are facing an extremely tight situation. Hope this answers your question!

Thanks, makes sense.

Similarly, what type of errors would be "corrected" in these cases?

I've trawled through the forums and think I recall people updating references and retaking the GMAT (and sending updated scores), or that's the way I interpret these things.

Do people do this? Only concern is re references - one is a typical glowing current supervisor reference, but the other two are community/extraprofessional references which may not adhere to the nuances/tact of the business world (e.g. they were a bit less pointy and were as blunt in describing my weaknesses as they were my strengths). I know this is drifting to another topic, but worth talking about too...

Hi legendfunk,

Thank you for asking these questions! I am sure many of the other candidates have similar queries and these points are definitely worth discussing.

On the topic of error correction, I remember a case where a candidate indicated his employment period as "Jan 2016 - Dec 2018" when the end date should have been Oct or Nov 2018. This is an example of an error that you should probably not have made in the first place but in the event that you do, it is better for you to reach out and notify the AO since data accuracy and integrity is extremely important.

As for provision of key career progress updates, this is more relevant for waitlisted candidates who need to keep their AOs updated on their current status (e.g. a few months have passed and they might have promoted, taken up a new job etc).

As for references, additional reference letters (apart from the two requested) are usually not required by the school and there is no need to send any additional documents directly to your AOs. Hence, it is important to ensure that the two referees you chose are the ones who can provide the strongest representation of your strengths/weaknesses/potential etc.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 02:18
Okay. I admit I am a bit on edge today. Not busy at work is not helping either.

But it has been the whole morning and still nothing is coming out?

Please post if anyone has got the call! Fingers crossed...
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 04:14
Hi Meredith107!
I was super anxious yesterday and just now catching up with the thread I realized yesterday was a holiday in Europe!!
I used to be skeptical when people posted "the wait is killing me" thinking it couldn't be that bad, but oh it is!!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 06:35
Waiting anxiously as well! Has anyone in the UK received the call yet?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 790 Q50 V51

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 07:08
Given it's 4pm in France now, guessing they just didn't call anyone today? Unless GMAT Club and Clear Admit users were just really unlucky today :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 08:48
seems like noone here got the call today? part of me wishes they would just release decisions all at once on a portal at a particular date and time...its going to be hard to focus on anything this week knowing a call may or may not come at any time haha
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 16:50
Hideto wrote:
On the topic of error correction, I remember a case where a candidate indicated his employment period as "Jan 2016 - Dec 2018" when the end date should have been Oct or Nov 2018. This is an example of an error that you should probably not have made in the first place but in the event that you do, it is better for you to reach out and notify the AO since data accuracy and integrity is extremely important.

Thanks Hideto,

Actually there is something regarding my application and a potential correction (probably a more appropriate word is clarification) which I would like to discuss privately - is there someone on this forum (I've noticed some admissions advisors on this forum) who I can ask a PM question?
INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 23:22
legendfunk wrote:
Hideto wrote:

Thanks Hideto,

Actually there is something regarding my application and a potential correction (probably a more appropriate word is clarification) which I would like to discuss privately - is there someone on this forum (I've noticed some admissions advisors on this forum) who I can ask a PM question?

Hey legendfunk,

I think you can try PM-ing the Admissions Consultants like ARLee and MBAPrepCoach. They are very helpful and will be able to help you with your query.

Cheers!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 02:13
Any luck receiving that +33 call today guys?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 02:36
Just had a call and been offered a place. Very happy indeed!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 02:42
Mottershead1 wrote:

Same here, congrats man. I'm so happy and relieved as well
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 02:43
Mottershead1 wrote:

Congrats! And thanks for posting. may i know who called (name of the person/AO)?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 02:44
kslj wrote:
Mottershead1 wrote:

thanks for posting. may i know who called (name of the person/AO)?

Sure - Isabelle Ramos was my AO
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 02:45
Mottershead1 wrote:
kslj wrote:
Mottershead1 wrote:

thanks for posting. may i know who called (name of the person/AO)?

Sure - Isabelle Ramos was my AO

thank you :) Congrats again!
ARLee Consulting
G
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 02:47
Hi legendfunk,

as Hideto mentioned, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you
Alex

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: https://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Email us your CV for a free evaluation of your profile

Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE!

Check out MBA Essay Database. Download our App and enjoy discounts and free stuff.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 03:00
In with scholarship. Can’t believe it. Can’t calm down :D

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 03:27
Got the call!! :)

Congrats to everyone who has heard back and all the best to everyone who is still waiting!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)   [#permalink] 24 Apr 2019, 03:27

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  18    Next  [ 341 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Hideto, MBAPrepCoach

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap