GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Jun 2019, 13:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 04:28
kunal_raizada wrote:
Is it fine to write down during the 45 sec prep time in interview?
starkfromthenorth wrote:
Just finished my video interview, or in other words, finalized the submission for R2. I am having a mix feeling about this, both happy and nervous. Ahhhh!

Posted from my mobile device
Yes!

http://mbaprepcoach.com
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 15:02
Anyone who applied in R1 received calls yet?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 15:40
BFC wrote:

I did, this morning! :)
Good luck to everyone waiting!

INSEAD Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 19:31
WaitlistMuch wrote:
BFC wrote:

Congrats!!! Glad to hear that you got in after such a long and arduous application journey!

For everyone else waiting, calls will usually start coming in on Monday/Tuesday so enjoy the weekend and don’t worry too much. Cheers!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 22:50
Hi guys

Received an email that I'd been waitlisted. Super disappointed in what I felt was a strong application and interview. Any idea how to manage the waitlist? Should I retake my 700?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2019, 23:52
kebabcurry wrote:
Hi guys

Received an email that I'd been waitlisted. Super disappointed in what I felt was a strong application and interview. Any idea how to manage the waitlist? Should I retake my 700?

Is this common? I mean, it's still the first round of Jan 2020 intake and they have built a waiting list?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2019, 00:44
WaitlistMuch wrote:
BFC wrote:

Congrats! Which school do you think you're going to go for? I remember Farrell posted a link to a comparison between LBS and INSEAD a few weeks ago, which you might find helpful.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2019, 02:51
kebabcurry wrote:
Hi guys

I’m by no means an expert on this, but I would suggest going through previous waitlists for the previous cohorts and see what strategies people had that worked.

As to you gmat score I suppose it depends. It would be worth understanding what feedback you can get from the school and whether they tell you your gmat is something they would like to see improved. I don’t think gmat is the only thing they care about (once it hits 700) but if there are a lot of a candidates with a similar profile to yours then it could play a role.

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2019, 06:26
Congratulations WaitlistMuch!!
kebabcurry I'm so sorry to hear! There is a waitlisted thread for Sep 19, maybe you can get some insight there.

Good luck to all of us still waiting!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2019, 06:41
This video interview was a disaster.... The countdown n then see u back on the screen.... Watch the timebar move.... No matter how much i practised.... I really did bad in the final videos.... I might have said some decent points with a bit of repetition.... But worst is i didnt give a single example to support my answers.... Though in my defence, none of the questions directly asked for any example or "why?" Part in the answer
What do u guys think? How bad does this sounds?

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2019, 07:18
Hi kunal_raizada,
Plenty of people struggle with the video interview!! Adcom actually said they are not used as means to exclude anybody, but rather to consider people who didn't present themselves as good on paper!
I have also seen lots of people here complaint about disastrous interviews and getting the interview invite:) so keep your hopes up!

Cheers!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2019, 08:18
juralvesf wrote:
Hi kunal_raizada,
Plenty of people struggle with the video interview!! Adcom actually said they are not used as means to exclude anybody, but rather to consider people who didn't present themselves as good on paper!
I have also seen lots of people here complaint about disastrous interviews and getting the interview invite:) so keep your hopes up!

Cheers!

Thanks a lot juralvesf.... That does help me calm my nerves down
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Apr 2019, 18:48
Hi all,

Submitted my R2 application on the deadline and did the video interview. Overall confident but one reference was a bit scary and the video interview was so-so.

Most (if not all) of my questions (from what I remember) asked for answers in 3s ("name 3 things" etc) AND asked for examples. Hard to fit in those STAR answers when asked to cite 3 things + examples in 60 seconds, so not so confident about it. I read informally that video interviews are used to embellish, not ding, people; but I've also read (curiously, from video interview consultants) that it can make or break an application - what's the deal with it?

Also got the email from an MBA Admissions Coordinator - is this the "AO" people talk about? What's the protocol on what's considered polite, etc. for communicating with them throughout the process?

Originally posted by legendfunk on 22 Apr 2019, 18:42.
Last edited by legendfunk on 22 Apr 2019, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2019, 18:45
Hi all,

Any other anxious candidates waiting for the +33 calls? Assuming no one is working yesterday on Easter Monday, so calls should be coming in today?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 790 Q50 V51

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2019, 19:12
Meredith107 wrote:
Hi all,

Any other anxious candidates waiting for the +33 calls? Assuming no one is working yesterday on Easter Monday, so calls should be coming in today?

I've set my clock at work to CEST and am checking it approximately every 2.8 minutes.

Am also jumping half out of my seat every time I get an email notification to the address I used in my application...
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Operations (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2019, 19:34
Does the scholarship information for INSEAD come in along with the calls/admit emails as well? Somewhere I read that scholarships (merit-based) are announced in 1-2 weeks following the admit calls...
INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2019, 19:41
legendfunk wrote:
Hi all,

Submitted my R2 application on the deadline and did the video interview. Overall confident but one reference was a bit scary and the video interview was so-so.

Most (if not all) of my questions (from what I remember) asked for answers in 3s ("name 3 things" etc) AND asked for examples. Hard to fit in those STAR answers when asked to cite 3 things + examples in 60 seconds, so not so confident about it. I read informally that video interviews are used to embellish, not ding, people; but I've also read (curiously, from video interview consultants) that it can make or break an application - what's the deal with it?

Also got the email from an MBA Admissions Coordinator - is this the "AO" people talk about? What's the protocol on what's considered polite, etc. for communicating with them throughout the process?

Hi legendfunk,

You are right to say that the video interview is not a make-or-break component as long as it is apparent that ample effort has been put in by the candidate. Many applicants have lamented about how they could have done better (e.g. time ended before they finished their last sentence etc.) but they were still admitted in the end. Hence, I believe that everything will be fine as long as you showed a good grasp of the English language and provided thoughtful answers.

And yes, the "AO" is the Admissions Coordinator that we always speak about on the forum. While there are no rules dictating on the topics that you are allowed to ask about, make sure that you only reach out for important issues (e.g. request to correct a error on your application, request for early decision due to impending deadline from another school, interviewers are not responding to emails/calls after a week etc). I will highly advise not to reach out incessantly on issues that you are expected to have a strong understanding on (e.g. asking when is the decision notification week etc.). It is also imperative that each email to your AO should be properly drafted with no typos or grammatical errors since there is a high possibility that every correspondence is tracked.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Apr 2019, 19:53
Hideto wrote:
legendfunk wrote:
Hi all,

Hi legendfunk,

You are right to say that the video interview is not a make-or-break component as long as it is apparent that ample effort has been put in by the candidate. Many applicants have lamented about how they could have done better (e.g. time ended before they finished their last sentence etc.) but they were still admitted in the end. Hence, I believe that everything will be fine as long as you showed a good grasp of the English language and provided thoughtful answers.

And yes, the "AO" is the Admissions Coordinator that we always speak about on the forum. While there are no rules dictating on the topics that you are allowed to ask about, make sure that you only reach out for important issues (e.g. request to correct a error on your application, request for early decision due to impending deadline from another school, interviewers are not responding to emails/calls after a week etc). I will highly advise not to reach out incessantly on issues that you are expected to have a strong understanding on (e.g. asking when is the decision notification week etc.). It is also imperative that each email to your AO should be properly drafted with no typos or grammatical errors since there is a high possibility that every correspondence is tracked.

Hope this helps!

Does that actually happen - how much would this request to get your application processed faster piss off an adcom, or even worse, get you dinged faster? How much do they care about exploding offers from other schools? Especially given that INSEAD and the US M7 don't adhere to the same cycle.

Originally posted by legendfunk on 22 Apr 2019, 19:51.
Last edited by legendfunk on 22 Apr 2019, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2019, 19:52
3.5-4 hours to go before the start of R1 decision week! All the best everyone! :please
INSEAD Thread Master
S

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2019, 19:56
legendfunk wrote:
Hideto wrote:
legendfunk wrote:
Hi all,

Hi legendfunk,

Hope this helps!

Does that actually happen - how much would that piss off an adcom, or even worse, get you dinged faster? Especially given that INSEAD and the US M7 don't adhere to the same cycle.

A 20J R1 applicant asked for an early decision from INSEAD as it clashed with the Cambridge MBA deposit deadline. INSEAD subsequently called him up on Monday instead of the usual Tuesday-Friday period. I am not sure if this was due to his request for an early decision but he suspects that it might be the case.

All in all, it is not advisable for candidates to ask for an early decision unless they are facing an extremely tight situation. Hope this answers your question!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2019, 19:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  18    Next  [ 358 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto