GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2019, 00:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2019, 11:06
How did she react in what was her response?
Pangolin wrote:
Completed my first interview. Went well, was 1 hr, relaxed atmosphere and discussion. Interviewer had my CV printed out and it was clear that she had read my application as she was able to recall parts of it during the interview.

Went through the typical questions. My interviewer also worked in a related sector to my sector so was interesting to see her probing how up to date I was with contemporary issues and the latest government policies.

Towards the end of the interview I asked her about her career path and experience post INSEAD, interaction with alumni network etc. I finished by asking her if she thought I was a good fit for INSEAD or if there were weaknesses / areas for improvement in my application.

I think this last question may be interpreted as a little bold by some interviewers, not sure, but I think it gives a good opportunity to proactively address any concerns the interviewer may have which they haven't aired. Interested to hear what other people think regarding this approach...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Reviews Badge
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 17 Jul 2019, 09:23
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

She didn't seem fazed by the question. But I think people of different cultural backgrounds could respond differently, maybe more evasive and not wanting to give you their honest impressions directly and immediately? What are your thoughts on asking this question MBAPrepCoach ?

Originally posted by Pangolin on 13 Jul 2019, 00:34.
Last edited by Pangolin on 17 Jul 2019, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.52
WE: Business Development (Transportation)
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2019, 20:04
Hello all!
Just wondering if someone would be able to help me with a mock interview? Thanks in advance!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2019, 22:15
barbara77 wrote:
Hello all!
Just wondering if someone would be able to help me with a mock interview? Thanks in advance!

barbara77

I hope some of the fellow applicants will reach out to you for a mock interview. Also, check out some of the past INSEAD interview experiences in the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/i ... brief.html
B
Reviews Badge
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 09:22
So, I've completed both my interviews and dropped my AO a note to inform them. Does anyone know if the AOs expect us to chase up our interviewers to make sure they submit the interview reports? Or is my work done now and all I need to do is wait?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2019, 09:32
Pangolin wrote:
So, I've completed both my interviews and dropped my AO a note to inform them. Does anyone know if the AOs expect us to chase up our interviewers to make sure they submit the interview reports? Or is my work done now and all I need to do is wait?

No, that’s what the AO will do. They will chase them to submit it in 48 hours. My interviewer gave me this information

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 07:28
I think this can be a trick question to ask.. Was the answer helpful for the second interview?
I had my first interview yesterday, I will post about it in the Interview Debrief Section..

Pangolin wrote:
I think this last question may be interpreted as a little bold by some interviewers, not sure, but I think it gives a good opportunity to proactively address any concerns the interviewer may have which they haven't aired. Interested to hear what other people think regarding this approach...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 07:54
A new INSEAD Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1008
INSEAD School Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 22:22
Hi Pangolin, I am a little bit of two minds on this. Obviously, I can see how a candid response might be helpful to you, and some interviewers might consider this a strategic move and admire your cleverness to get feedback. I myself would feel like it was a bit extra to be put on the spot and give immediate feedback on you, without having a chance to reflect. It's kind of invading that boundary a bit.

When I asked what was her response, what I mean is, did she answer you with any specificity, did you get a sense of what she thought of you, etc? In essence, did she go for it/take the bait?

Pangolin wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

She didn't seem fazed by the question. But I think people of different cultural backgrounds could respond differently, maybe more evasive and not wanting to give you their honest impressions directly and immediately? What are your thoughts on asking this question MBAPrepCoach ?

D

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 22:25
MAPP Thanks for posting, very helpful. Good point you made about bringing hard copies of CV and application to the interview!

MAPP wrote:
A new INSEAD Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1008

Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: Law (Other)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 10:16
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if INSEAD offers any one-on-one consultation sessions with its admissions/ marketing team where you can personally discuss any queries you have.

I know that I can reach out to them over email and share my queries, but I was wondering if any phone calls can be scheduled (like you can for HKUST). I can't seem to find any such option on their website.

Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 21:29
LadyGaladriel wrote:
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if INSEAD offers any one-on-one consultation sessions with its admissions/ marketing team where you can personally discuss any queries you have.

I know that I can reach out to them over email and share my queries, but I was wondering if any phone calls can be scheduled (like you can for HKUST). I can't seem to find any such option on their website.

Any thoughts?

Not sure if they have online session. But someone from marketing team reached out to me and asked me for a campus visit any day of the week. We had one-on-one talk for more than one hour.

Thus I think you can drop them a line asking if possible to schedule a phone call.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: Law (Other)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2019, 21:55
Oh really? That sounds lovely.

Did you get to discuss your candidacy and application as well or just INSEAD's offerings in its MBA program?

namph912 wrote:
LadyGaladriel wrote:
Hi Guys,

Any thoughts?

Not sure if they have online session. But someone from marketing team reached out to me and asked me for a campus visit any day of the week. We had one-on-one talk for more than one hour.

Thus I think you can drop them a line asking if possible to schedule a phone call.
INSEAD School Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 19:10
Thanks for mentioning this namph912 that is great - didn't know they were so generous during those visits!

namph912 wrote:
LadyGaladriel wrote:
Hi Guys,

Any thoughts?

Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 20:25
LadyGaladriel wrote:

Did you get to discuss your candidacy and application as well or just INSEAD's offerings in its MBA program?

Well, we talked about what INSEAD look for in a candidate but then it's pretty much the same as many have mentioned in this forum. However, he was nice to link me up with a few current students and alumni from my country so that I can reach out and ask questions. You probably learn more from those people
INSEAD School Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2019, 21:04
Yes, everyone, make sure to ask for student ambassadors to speak with. But to get a fair view, do find some people to speak with on Linked In as well.

This brings up an important point - know that even though it seems like a casual exchange, they are observing you.

Try to act natural, but realize they are taking note of how you interact and engage with them - as it is likely to inform how you would be with your small group. They are striving for customer satisfaction and so they need all admits to be likeable.

namph912 wrote:
LadyGaladriel wrote:

Well, we talked about what INSEAD look for in a candidate but then it's pretty much the same as many have mentioned in this forum. However, he was nice to link me up with a few current students and alumni from my country so that I can reach out and ask questions. You probably learn more from those people

Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2019, 09:19
LadyGaladriel wrote:

If you attend one of the weekly open days after you have submitted your application you can meet the admissions officer assigned to your application for a brief chat. If you haven't submitted your application you'll typically only be able to speak to the marketing staff at the open day.

My experience with the marketing staff is that whilst they did talk to me a little bit about my suitability and what INSEAD looks for, it didn't give me any vital new information. Alumni I spoke to were much more direct about telling me whether they thought I was a good fit and why etc.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2019, 22:56
Pangolin wrote:
LadyGaladriel wrote:

If you attend one of the weekly open days after you have submitted your application you can meet the admissions officer assigned to your application for a brief chat. If you haven't submitted your application you'll typically only be able to speak to the marketing staff at the open day.

My experience with the marketing staff is that whilst they did talk to me a little bit about my suitability and what INSEAD looks for, it didn't give me any vital new information. Alumni I spoke to were much more direct about telling me whether they thought I was a good fit and why etc.

Oh wow really, I had no idea. I tried to look for events in London but could not find a suitable one.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2019, 04:19
Hi all! R3 applicant here - any idea when admissions will start calling? I completed my interviews over three weeks ago. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2019, 05:23
I tried to get this idea looking this post during the time of R1 and R2.. Apparently the majority of the results are released in the last week..

lmacy wrote:
Hi all! R3 applicant here - any idea when admissions will start calling? I completed my interviews over three weeks ago. Thanks!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2019, 05:23

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  32    Next  [ 634 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto