Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 06:57 It is currently 09 May 2024, 06:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8853 [0]
Given Kudos: 3036
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago Booth MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
shanks2020 wrote:
any chance for FT MBA with GMAT 710 for an Indian male wtih ~10 years work ex?

IMHO, it would be not fair towards you to assess your profile without knowing a lot more. Prima facie, the chances are weak, unless of course, you offer something superlative in terms of your profile (beyond the score, gender and WE tenure).
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago Booth MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
shanks2020 wrote:

Assuming your profile does NOT have exceptional components, the odds are highly unlikely. This view comes from my Admissions Consulting experience (with the highest number of LinkedIn Recommendations globally)

Please look at the overall profile of what Booth looks for, and see if you can stand out among the FT MBA candidates.
If not, there are other programs (1 year Full Time programs) wherein your fit would be much better
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
shanks2020 wrote:

Hello,
Admission decisions depend on a variety of factors beyond just GMAT scores, such as your work experience, academic record, essays, letters of recommendation, and personal interviews.

That being said, a GMAT score of 710 is generally considered competitive for top business schools, including Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago. With approximately ten years of work experience, you might be considered a more experienced applicant, which can be an advantage in some cases. Business schools often value candidates with significant professional experience because they can bring valuable insights to the classroom and contribute to the learning experience of their peers.

It’s essential to focus on presenting a strong overall application that highlights your accomplishments, leadership skills, and the unique perspective you can offer to the MBA program. Alongside your GMAT score, emphasize your work experience, extracurricular activities, and career goals in your application essays and interviews.

We would like you to get on a call with our profile experts to get a better understanding of your profile. We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Book a free profile evaluation call now!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
shanks2020 wrote:

No, I do not think so. I generally recommend Indian males have a GMAT 20 points over the class average to be competitive. The bigger the applicant pool, the more upward pressure on the GMAT needed. 10 years is a bit on the margin; might focus on 1 year programs; CBS J term, Kellogg 1 year (GMAT is around 700 for that one), Emory and maybe Stanford MSx and/or SFMBA which are both designed for an international mid career professional. Average GMAT 700 so still, if you have it in you, retake the GMAT; some of these programs accept the EA (CBS and the Sloan Fellows options)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hi all,

I am from India and currently in US working as a consultant (project manager) at a luxury company. I have a masters in comp sci from USA and bachelors in comp sci from India. I have 7+ years of US experience in building products and managing high value projects.

I am planning to take gmat sometime soon. Can someone suggest me a safe score to get into Booth for part time MBA program?

Thank you in advance.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 634 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
varunteja09 wrote:
Hi all,

I am from India and currently in US working as a consultant (project manager) at a luxury company. I have a masters in comp sci from USA and bachelors in comp sci from India. I have 7+ years of US experience in building products and managing high value projects.

I am planning to take gmat sometime soon. Can someone suggest me a safe score to get into Booth for part time MBA program?

Thank you in advance.

varunteja09

I find your work experience interesting and see good opportunities to describe your motivation and industry focus. Steady growth is a plus. Unpack your experience and construct your stories in a way that makes it clear that working on your projects has given you much more hands-on experience, more experiential maturity, and more ability to contextualize business problems (specific to your area of work). Craft well-researched goals. Be sure to use your unique positioning to create a strong leadership narrative.

Thoughts on GMAT
​I often advise applicants to look at GMAT scores in the quantitative and verbal sections individually. Admissions committees evaluate your performance along with that of your peers (from your population group) on a normalized curve. For example, a Q49 score (~75th percentile) is considered borderline elite for overrepresented demographic groups at top business schools like Booth. If your quantitative score exceeds this threshold (around 50 or 51), the admissions committee is confident that you can handle the academically demanding curriculum. Your verbal score is more a reflection of your ability to participate in discussions in a truly global and diverse cohort at a school like Booth. Aim for a 41+ score if possible.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Aanchal, Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable thoughts on my profile. I will take the above into consideration and plan accordingly.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
varunteja09 wrote:
Hi all, I am from India and currently in US working as a consultant (project manager) at a luxury company. I have a masters in comp sci from USA and bachelors in comp sci from India. I have 7+ years of US experience in building products and managing high value projects. I am planning to take gmat sometime soon. Can someone suggest me a safe score to get into Booth for part time MBA program? Thank you in advance.

Hi, I think the person who posted might not have factored in that you’re applying to the part-time program. The GMAT threshold for part-time is much lower. I would say at 700 would probably be safe, if you do a good job, articulating your achievements and your uniqueness in the application, and frankly, most people don’t. So it’s quite conditional upon that but if you do a good job with that, I think the GMAT thing won’t be a massive hurdle if you have a computer science background. That said you want to get right on it because there’s no way of telling how long it will take you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi, I think the person who posted might not have factored in that you’re applying to the part-time program. The GMAT threshold for part-time is much lower. I would say at 700 would probably be safe, if you do a good job, articulating your achievements and your uniqueness in the application, and frankly, most people don’t. So it’s quite conditional upon that but if you do a good job with that, I think the GMAT thing won’t be a massive hurdle if you have a computer science background. That said you want to get right on it because there’s no way of telling how long it will take you.

Thanks so much for your detailed inputs. It’s very helpful.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8853 [1]
Given Kudos: 3036
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Zoom In On Booth: Insights from the Dean of Admissions

Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 8:30 AM until 9:30 AMCentral Daylight Time

https://apply.chicagobooth.edu/register ... 07ecc5ead9
Booth and Haas Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
Zoom In On Booth: Insights from the Dean of Admissions

Thanks for sharing!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73122 [0]
Given Kudos: 18942
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi everyone, please join me in welcoming yellogood as the new Booth 2023-2024 moderator 👍

Thank you yellogood for volunteering and helping out the community!
Good luck everyone with your applications!

-BB,
Founder of GMAT Club
Booth and Haas Moderator
Send PM
Thanks for the introduction, BB. Hey guys, anyone got questions regarding their application?
Booth and Haas Moderator
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I’m taking over as the moderator for Booth, and I wanted to use this opportunity to introduce myself to you :)

A little about my profile.

- Applying in R1 (we’re in it together :))
- GRE: 336 (Q:170, V:166, AW: 4)
- Current location: Lagos
- Education Background: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from a premier school in Nigeria
- Pre-MBA experience: Non-profit Education Technology for 4.5 years & some concurrent Project Finance job in between for 3.3y. I pastor at a local church and grow African herbs in my spare time.
- Hobbies: Event hosting, Gardening, and Poultry farming
- Post-MBA goals: Investment banking

Happy to learn and answer your questions :)
Booth and Haas Moderator
Send PM
Hello Prospective Booties, you may want to check out this thread if you are considering applying for test waivers at Booth.

gmat-waiver-for-md-417919.html#p3259951
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.56
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

My last GMAT attempt was OK except that my IR was abnormally low as I was tired and rushed to finish the test after Quant + Verbal section. Should I use the additional essay to explain a little bit of my IR?

I was thinking of retaking the GMAT, but I was booked with my heavy workload in the last months of this year, and I have also planned to submit in R1. Also, my gut instinct told me that my score would not improve (my practice exams were 660-710-740-710.

Thank you,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 456
Send PM
cup_vt wrote:
Hi everyone, My last GMAT attempt was OK except that my IR was abnormally low as I was tired and rushed to finish the test after Quant + Verbal section. Should I use the additional essay to explain a little bit of my IR? I was thinking of retaking the GMAT, but I was booked with my heavy workload in the last months of this year, and I have also planned to submit in R1. Also, my gut instinct told me that my score would not improve (my practice exams were 660-710-740-710. Thank you,

Side topic but may I ask which mocks did you take? Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  47   
Moderators:
Booth & Sloan Moderator
39 posts
Booth and Haas Moderator
44 posts