GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 23:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 05:40
Engr2012 wrote:
generalist wrote:
Is it possible to have a skype interview with the AdCom? Has anyone here heard about such a thing? I'm asking because many people here have 1 or 2 choices for interviewers, who also are saying they are busy.

IMO, I dont thnk that is possible as the interview instructions does mention that "All interviews must be conducted in person". So I am assuming that by "in person" you can not have skype interviews.

So what happens if someone has no ambassadors available in his or her area?
P.S. I know someone who has got admitted after a skype interview! But that was 3-4 months ago.
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 05:43
generalist wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
generalist wrote:
Is it possible to have a skype interview with the AdCom? Has anyone here heard about such a thing? I'm asking because many people here have 1 or 2 choices for interviewers, who also are saying they are busy.

IMO, I dont thnk that is possible as the interview instructions does mention that "All interviews must be conducted in person". So I am assuming that by "in person" you can not have skype interviews.

P.S. I know someone who has got admitted after a skype interview! But that was 3-4 months ago.

Good question. Frankly, I dont know. I am also having the same issue. No response from the 1st one, 2 more to go. I have already sent an email to the interview coordinator to know if I can change to another city as I will be travelling to NYC anyways in a couple of weeks. So why not to use that opportunity to interview there!! Dont know if that is an option for you. Do email the interview coordinator for your question and see what she replies.

Update (as of 10:47 AM), my 2nd interviewer came through and I have my interview scheduled for next week. We could only figure out 1 day next week that suited both of us. It is all a matter of who all are busy currently with their daily routines and work.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 10:46
Anyone still waiting to hear back about an interview or lack thereof (ED)?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 17:46
FurrowedBrow wrote:
Anyone still waiting to hear back about an interview or lack thereof (ED)?

I am ED, submitted 30 Sep, last rec and completion date 13 Oct. ;(

I think my refresh button is going to break if I don't hear something soon.
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 07:36
generalist wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
generalist wrote:

The interview coordinator repplied back to my question (about requesting for change of city) that if needed, lets say you are travelling to NYC next week and would like to schedule an itnerview then, you can email the coordinator to let her know about the same and she will update the location in your application portal. Try doing this if none of your ambassadors replies to you within the standard time frame.
Current Student
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.76
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 12:11
Just got my acceptance call!! I could not be more thrilled. Here is my timeline:

Submitted & Completed: 10/07
Interview Invite: 11/05
Interview: 11/13
Interview Feedback Submitted: 11/13
Acceptance Call: 11/16

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 12:13
ejw213 wrote:
Just got my acceptance call!! I could not be more thrilled. Here is my timeline:

Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your profile? Your interviewer submitted your feedback pretty quickly.
Current Student
Concentration: Economics, Statistics
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.36
WE: Analyst (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 12:18
ejw213 wrote:

Congrats! Glad your interviewer submitted your feedback to quickly. I'm on day 7 waiting for my interviewer to submit feedback :(
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.76
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 12:32
knicks1288 wrote:
ejw213 wrote:

Congrats! Glad your interviewer submitted your feedback to quickly. I'm on day 7 waiting for my interviewer to submit feedback :(

Thanks! That's so weird..my interviewer actually mentioned that he had a two-day window to submit the feedback, so it seems like your interviewer is pretty late! Good news is that once he/she submits, you should hear fairly quickly. Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 15:34
ejw213 wrote:

Congratulations on your acceptance!! This post is a hope for people with below average GMAT. Would you mind sharing a bit about your profile. Thanks
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 15:52
Received my denial email this morning.

Application Completed 13 Oct (Early Decision)
Ding 16 Nov

GMAT 680, GPA 3.5
Active Duty Officer that is attending school on Active Duty with follow-on assignment to the Pentagon.
Intern
Intern
WE: Other (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 05:26
Hey guys,

Is there anybody who had an interview on November 11th or after this date, and got feedback submitted and/or acceptance (or denial) email? You may have posted it already but if you have 2 mins, please post it again, i'm doing a little research and it will be a great help :)

I'm not sure how long does it take for an interview feedback to be submitted. I saw some of the posts and it's generally 2-3 days post-interview. and then, from what i read on this thread, average 7-8 days to get the final answer (acceptance/denial).

Thanks a lot
Current Student

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 17 Nov 2015, 05:36
nintso wrote:
Hey guys,

Is there anybody who had an interview on November 11th or after this date, and got feedback submitted and/or acceptance (or denial) email? You may have posted it already but if you have 2 mins, please post it again, i'm doing a little research and it will be a great help :)

I'm not sure how long does it take for an interview feedback to be submitted. I saw some of the posts and it's generally 2-3 days post-interview. and then, from what i read on this thread, average 7-8 days to get the final answer (acceptance/denial).

Thanks a lot

I did a quick feedback submission analysis yesterday from 20 data points. The average time to submit was about 3.1 days, the median was 1.

16 of the 20 submissions were within 3 days or less, 2 took 7 days, 1 took 8 days, and 1 took 17 days.

I didn't include myself because my feedback hasn't been submitted yet, but I'm on day 8 right now (interviewed 11/9).

The website says that interviewers are supposed to submit within a week, though.

I haven't done an analysis on how long it takes to receive an acceptance/deniall after submission, but I believe it was generally no more than a week.

Originally posted by knicks1288 on 17 Nov 2015, 05:34.
Last edited by knicks1288 on 17 Nov 2015, 05:36, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 05:34
nintso wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot

I think most of us who received an invite close to 11th Nov have been waiting to get an answer from our interviewers. I will post mine after I am done with my interview.

As for this year, it has been very peculiar as we had interview invites after 1 month even which in itself is a deviation from last year. I would say wait till early December, as by then almost all ED applicants would have heard about their decision. But the 'normal' timeframe for submitting an interview feedback is usually 2-3 days with some interviewers taking longer than a week even and for hearing back after a feedback has been submitted is 7-10 days.

Hope this helps.
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 05:37
knicks1288 wrote:
nintso wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot

I did a quick feedback submission analysis yesterday from 20 data points. The average time to submit was about 3.1 days, the median was 1.

16 of the 20 submissions were within 3 days or less, 2 took 7 days, 1 took 8 days, and 1 took 17 days.

I didn't include myself because my feedback hasn't been submitted yet, but I'm on day 8 right now (interviewed 11/9).

The website says that interviewers are supposed to submit within a week, though.

I haven't done an analysis on how long it takes to receive an acceptance/deniall after submission, but I believe it was generally no more than a week.

Would it be rude on your part to send a quick email to the adcom letting them know it has been 8 days since your interview and no feedback has been submitted yet? They might send another reminder email to your interviewer to provide his/her feedback. Just a thought.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 05:44
Engr2012 wrote:
knicks1288 wrote:
nintso wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot

Would it be rude on your part to send a quick email to the adcom letting them know it has been 8 days since your interview and no feedback has been submitted yet? They might send another reminder email to your interviewer to provide his/her feedback. Just a thought.

Thanks - yeah I e-mailed a consultant and she said to wait one more day before doing anything like that.
Intern
Intern
WE: Other (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 05:44
knicks1288 wrote:
nintso wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot

oh wow, what an analysis! :) thank you!! great help!

do you by any chance have an analysis of "rejection after interview"?

good luck!
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 05:50
nintso wrote:
knicks1288 wrote:
nintso wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot

oh wow, what an analysis! :) thank you!! great help!

do you by any chance have an analysis of "rejection after interview"?

good luck!

You can also check how many invites were sent out and how many did get accepted. The difference will give you the number you are looking for.

calling-all-cbs-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-198369-860.html#p1601001

calling-all-cbs-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-198369-840.html#p1600320
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Jan 2016, 07:53

Originally posted by summerinobx on 17 Nov 2015, 12:53.
Last edited by summerinobx on 12 Jan 2016, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
S

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 13:10
summerinobx wrote:
Hey guys!

I'll be submitting an application to Columbia regular decision and am working on my essays now. I'm having a hard time tying my past work experience to what I would like to do during/after business school (launch a start up). Do you know of any free resources that might help me create a more unified story? Many of my friends used mbamission, but it's completely outside of my budget!

Thank you in advance! And congrats to those who heard back recently with acceptances :)

I think you are talking about mbamission's consulting services. But do buy their insider's guide. It's a well compiled guide about different programs and activities that you can leverage to your goals. I think it's 25$ but worth it.
Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 17 Nov 2015, 13:10

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  78    Next  [ 1549 posts ] 

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap