GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jun 2020, 09:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 12:42
Admitted in the ED Round. Here is the timeline:
Application Submitted: 19th September
Interview Invite Received: 11th October
Interviewed: 20th October (with an AdCom member via Skype)
Admitted: 26th October
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 12:44
mns10 wrote:

Did you just get the call? It appears, per clearadmit, that today has been the day for people who interviewed on the 19th and 20th.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 12:49
Yeah, I agree with you on that.

I got the call 7 hours ago. The news still hasn't sunk in, to be honest.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 12:50
mns10 wrote:

Ha I interviewed on the 21st. Hoping tomorrow is my day!!! Congrats!!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 12:54
anon44444 wrote:
mns10 wrote:

Ha I interviewed on the 21st. Hoping tomorrow is my day!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you!

The wait is brutal, hang in there. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 15:33
mns10 wrote:

Congratulations! Did you get a notification that your interview feedback had been submitted? I too interviewed with an adcom back on 10/21, no feedback submitted email yet.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 15:42
holdenpc wrote:
mns10 wrote:

Congratulations! Did you get a notification that your interview feedback had been submitted? I too interviewed with an adcom back on 10/21, no feedback submitted email yet.

Thank you!
Nope, no email notification about the feedback, since I interviewed directly with the AdCom. Apparently that's how it works.
Go to your status portal, if the section called "Invitation to Interview" does not exist anymore, I guess it means that the feedback has been submitted by the AdCom who interviewed you.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 15:47
mns10 wrote:
holdenpc wrote:
mns10 wrote:

Thank you!
Nope, no email notification about the feedback, since I interviewed directly with the AdCom. Apparently that's how it works.
Go to your status portal, if the section called "Invitation to Interview" does not exist anymore, I guess it means that the feedback has been submitted by the AdCom who interviewed you.

Never saw a section called "Invitation to Interview", even after getting the invite. O_O
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 15:56
Congratulations! Did you get a notification that your interview feedback had been submitted? I too interviewed with an adcom back on 10/21, no feedback submitted email yet.[/quote]
Thank you!
Go to your status portal, if the section called "Invitation to Interview" does not exist anymore, I guess it means that the feedback has been submitted by the AdCom who interviewed you.[/quote]

Never saw a section called "Invitation to Interview", even after getting the invite. O_O[/quote]
Woah, seriously? You must've received a link to the Interview Portal in your Interview Invitation email, right? That's the portal where you pick an alumnus or request for a Skype interview if no alumni are available.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 15:58
mns10 wrote:

Thank you!
Go to your status portal, if the section called "Invitation to Interview" does not exist anymore, I guess it means that the feedback has been submitted by the AdCom who interviewed you.[/quote]

Never saw a section called "Invitation to Interview", even after getting the invite. O_O[/quote]
Woah, seriously? You must've received a link to the Interview Portal in your Interview Invitation email, right? That's the portal where you pick an alumnus or request for a Skype interview if no alumni are available.[/quote]

Nah. Got a direct email from admissions setting up the interview with adcom.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 16:03
holdenpc wrote:
mns10 wrote:

Thank you!

Woah, seriously? You must've received a link to the Interview Portal in your Interview Invitation email, right? That's the portal where you pick an alumnus or request for a Skype interview if no alumni are available.[/quote]

Nah. Got a direct email from admissions setting up the interview with adcom.[/quote]

Apologies. I just assumed that everyone with an interview invite had that automated email.
Anyway, the AdCom who interviewed me told me that feedback is usually submitted by them in a day or two, at the most, after the interview. So I guess you're ok.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 16:35
mrteacher wrote:
Rejected from Columbia. I applied 10/5.

Too bad as it was my #1 school - I've been in NYC for past 5 years - and thought I had gotten the hang of executing my application by this point.

Sorry to hear. But if you got invites from Booth and Yale that's great!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GRE 1: Q169 V162
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 16:54
Mb430 wrote:
mrteacher wrote:
Rejected from Columbia. I applied 10/5.

Too bad as it was my #1 school - I've been in NYC for past 5 years - and thought I had gotten the hang of executing my application by this point.

Sorry to hear. But if you got invites from Booth and Yale that's great!

Thanks. Yeah I'm just baffled because I genuinely thought the execution for the Columbia app was best.

Oh well no point worrying about that now. Got to prepare for interviews!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 06:28
Here is my timeline: 09/19 - Application Submitted 10/12 - Interview invitation 10/19- Interview 10/20 - Interview Report Submitted 10/26 - Rejection email

I spoke with my interviewer and it seems the interview was quite positive, I suppose the admission office reviews the entire package after the interview. Hence, the interview doesn't have much weight in the final decision...
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 06:38
S. wrote:
Here is my timeline: 09/19 - Application Submitted 10/12 - Interview invitation 10/19- Interview 10/20 - Interview Report Submitted 10/26 - Rejection email

I spoke with my interviewer and it seems the interview was quite positive, I suppose the admission office reviews the entire package after the interview. Hence, the interview doesn't have much weight in the final decision...

Mind sharing stats? Location, WE, etc?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 06:50
anon44444 wrote:
S. wrote:

Mind sharing stats? Location, WE, etc?

Undergrad BCom: 3.75
GMAT: 730
Work Experience: Investment Banking + Venture Capital
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2016, 06:17
Man I'm starting to really dislike the whole rolling app. thing. Applied on the 4th of Oct., invite to interview on the 18th, interviewed the night of the 21st, feedback submitted late on the 21st and now radio silence. Another whole weekend without knowing will be brutal.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.37

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2016, 06:19
anon44444 wrote:
Man I'm starting to really dislike the whole rolling app. thing. Applied on the 4th of Oct., invite to interview on the 18th, interviewed the night of the 21st, feedback submitted late on the 21st and now radio silence. Another whole weekend without knowing will be brutal.

At least you have had an interview. Some of us are just waiting for the inevitable ding. The wait is terrible though.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2016, 06:21
NYCMBAhopeful wrote:
anon44444 wrote:

At least you have had an interview. Some of us are just waiting for the inevitable ding. The wait is terrible though.

Yeah i agree. Just feel like they really got my hopes up. Interview went really well but guess that's just a tiny portion of the whole process.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2016, 06:41
Yea so I applied literally in the last 10 minutes of the October 5 deadline. And all my materials were submitted that date or earlier (so I wasn't moved to R1).

Seems they started sending out October 5 invitations to interview yesterday. Maybe since I'm in that last, last group I'll hear back tomorrow or Monday.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 28 Oct 2016, 06:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  28    Next  [ 548 posts ] 

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: jeometricals