GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 16 Feb 2020, 22:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Engineering (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2015, 04:02
aeropower wrote:
What does everyone plan on doing for the optional essay? Are you submitting one? Is it meant to be an explanation of other things essay or an open ended question for applicants?

Prompt below:
"Is there any additional information that you would like the Admissions Committee to know? If so, please address in an optional essay. (300 word maximum)"

I would say that's where one would provide context for a low gpa, gap in work experience, etc. That's how I interpreted at least
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Spend A Day with the Booth Community  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2015, 07:00
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Spend A Day with the Booth Community
The new school year is beginning as the Class of 2017 has already arrived on campus for Orientation+. While this may be the first time in the Harper Center for some, the vast majority of our students started their journey towards Booth by participating in one of our Campus Visit programs. If you’re planning to apply this year, and you want to discover the distinct qualities of our community and culture, we encourage you to visit Booth.

Our Campus Visit Program is a year-round opportunity to spend a day with the Booth community to determine if it’s the right place for you. When classes are in session, we offer a full schedule including a class visit, tour of the building, Q&A with an Admissions Director, and, most importantly, the chance to spend time with our current students. While we’ll have a diverse group of volunteers each day, we have 70+ student groups you can reach out to before your visit. For international guests, make sure to reach out to our country captains who are here to answer your questions about life in Chicago.

In addition to our daily campus visit program, we offer other signature events throughout the year. If you’re looking for the right time to travel to Chicago to visit campus this fall, we have two great events coming up.

Thursday, October 8th

Admissions Information Session

Downtown Chicago

The event is designed to give you an in-depth overview of the MBA program from admissions staff. It includes an evening networking reception with local alumni and students. You can RSVP here.

Friday, October 9th

Booth Live

Harper Center, Hyde Park

This is an all-day event intended to immerse you in the Booth experience for a full day. You will have the opportunity to learn directly from our world-renowned faculty members, hear from our students over lunch and on a panel, and network at the Liquidity Preference Function (LPF), our weekly Friday gathering. You can RSVP here.

We look forward to you joining us in Chicago and hope you get a chance to experience the Booth community and see if it’s the right place for you. Please reach out or comment below with any questions about our Campus Visit programs.

All the best,

Glenn
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.49
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2015, 23:51
Reapplicant here.
Just submitted - best of luck everyone!
Retired Moderator
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT Date: 06-06-2014
GPA: 3.07
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2015, 08:36
Just listen list of music before clicking submit! Be sure you are carefully review all of your application!
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2015, 18:19
Submitted mine, waiting for my recommenders to upload their stuff (which they said they'd do by EOD).
And now my watch begins (for the third time)...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Engineering (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2015, 18:27
Submitted. Time to start refreshing my inbox and app status..........
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2015, 22:34
Submitted, cheers everyone!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2015, 00:20
A reapplicant here.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2015, 03:55
submitted
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 3: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2015, 12:19
Submitted.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2015, 13:50
Submitted. One question, according to the online app form, Booth doesn't need verified GMAT score, but after submission, the summary section shows awaiting GMAT score report. Do I need to do something or just simply wait? Thanks guys!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2015, 15:49
Submitted R1; good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2015, 00:49
kwok007 wrote:
Submitted. One question, according to the online app form, Booth doesn't need verified GMAT score, but after submission, the summary section shows awaiting GMAT score report. Do I need to do something or just simply wait? Thanks guys!

You can relax for now. Self-reported scrores are totally OK at this point.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.99
WE: Analyst (Advertising and PR)

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2015, 04:54
tonyko wrote:
kwok007 wrote:

You can relax for now. Self-reported scrores are totally OK at this point.

To further assuage your concerns, I now see this message when I sign in to my application portal:

UNVERIFIED GMAT SCORES
Chicago Booth only requires verified GMAT scores at the time of admission. If you have a RED X next to your score, no need to worry, we can still review your application. Thank you!

I am certain that I have sent my scores to Booth. It looks like they just haven't linked said scores to my specific application.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2015, 07:23
Thanks, Tonyko and Zatopek!! I saw that message this morning.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2015, 17:28
NOOOOOOOOOO. I couldnt get the app done in time. Didn't feel like my app was polished. If I could somehow have until this Wed or so I could have gotten it done. This means I'll have to wait for round 2.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2015, 02:50
for round 2. good luck to everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
The Booth Effect  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2015, 08:00
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: The Booth Effect
One of my first experiences with Chicago Booth came on the day of my interview for the role of Assistant Director of Admissions Marketing. In typical, over-prepared fashion I arrived at the Harper Center almost 2 hours early, giving myself plenty of time to take in my surroundings. As I sat in the Winter Garden, anxiously reviewing my notes and watching the students around me, I knew almost immediately that I’d stumbled upon a special community.

During my undergraduate education I had the unique experience of attending two very different institutions. As a freshman I attended a school with a great reputation. But I didn’t feel a sense of place, excitement in the institution, or most importantly, community. I wasn’t having the college experience I’d always imagined, and I didn’t feel much pride for my school. Determined to change, I transferred to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The next three years of my life were absolutely incredible.

I was finally in a place where people were passionate, impressed, and thankful for their institution. I could feel it on my first day in Madison, in my first class, and of course at my first Badger Football game.

That same feeling overwhelmed me the day of my interview at Booth as I observed the Winter Garden activity, and got to discuss the school’s culture and mission with the Admissions team. I left the Harper Center feeling extremely confident in the community.

Part of my role as the Assistant Director of Admissions Marketing is to gain a strong perspective on the Booth experience so I can help portray that to prospective students. I’ve been given the opportunity to travel around the world interviewing students during internships, talking with alumni during their first weeks in their new positions, meeting with visiting prospective Boothies, and working with The Booth Experience team.  I’ve come to understand even more that Booth is a place where support is wide spread and the “pay-it forward” attitude permeates all levels of the institution. It is a place where everyone is extremely driven to succeed but will do whatever they can to help their peers do so as well.

As the students slowly begin returning to campus over these next two weeks, I am extremely excited to once again be a part of a community full of passionate individuals who take great pride in their surroundings.  I look forward to sharing my Booth perspective and learning more about you through this blog!

Lizzie
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Other)

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2015, 15:18
Anyone have a solid rough timeline on when we'll start hearing back?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2015, 03:57
Allday028 wrote:
Anyone have a solid rough timeline on when we'll start hearing back?

The confirmation email I received after submitting says "interview decision by Oct 16". So I guess that means the 16th at the latest. I would be curious as well if anyone knows the dates of interview decision releases prior to this
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 22 Sep 2015, 03:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  61    Next  [ 1202 posts ] 

Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

Update application status  

Moderators: carbazzy, fatmike, ambera33