GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 27 Jan 2020, 13:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 May 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2019, 03:38
Hey guys

Does anyone have clarity on the deadline for submission of references? Is it the same as the Round Deadline or it can be submitted later?
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Dec 2018
Posts: 161
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2019, 04:09
rahulchhabra wrote:
Hey guys

Does anyone have clarity on the deadline for submission of references? Is it the same as the Round Deadline or it can be submitted later?


Hi rahulchhabra,

Sorry. I'm not aware.

If you feel your recommender will not be able to submit by 1st then please use the "ask a question" tool on the application page and try to get clarity on that.

They respond quickly to the queries.

If you happen to do that, please share here the response so that if anyone else has the same doubt, they would get an answer.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 May 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2019, 04:19
1
sj24 wrote:
rahulchhabra wrote:
Hey guys

Does anyone have clarity on the deadline for submission of references? Is it the same as the Round Deadline or it can be submitted later?


Hi rahulchhabra,

Sorry. I'm not aware.

If you feel your recommender will not be able to submit by 1st then please use the "ask a question" tool on the application page and try to get clarity on that.

They respond quickly to the queries.

If you happen to do that, please share here the response so that if anyone else has the same doubt, they would get an answer.


No worries!
Thanks for the tip, I will do that and will share the response.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 May 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2019, 23:36
rahulchhabra wrote:
sj24 wrote:
rahulchhabra wrote:
Hey guys

Does anyone have clarity on the deadline for submission of references? Is it the same as the Round Deadline or it can be submitted later?


Hi rahulchhabra,

Sorry. I'm not aware.

If you feel your recommender will not be able to submit by 1st then please use the "ask a question" tool on the application page and try to get clarity on that.

They respond quickly to the queries.

If you happen to do that, please share here the response so that if anyone else has the same doubt, they would get an answer.


No worries!
Thanks for the tip, I will do that and will share the response.



It seems the chat feature is available only after the application has been submitted. I explored the website and found another chat through something called Service Point. But that turned out to be for undergrads only. So sent them an email. This is the response I got -

"We have rolling admissions, applications are forwarded for review when all documents are received."

Now, does this mean the deadlines hold no real value? Any clue about this?
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Dec 2018
Posts: 161
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 23:43
rahulchhabra wrote:

It seems the chat feature is available only after the application has been submitted. I explored the website and found another chat through something called Service Point. But that turned out to be for undergrads only. So sent them an email. This is the response I got -

"We have rolling admissions, applications are forwarded for review when all documents are received."

Now, does this mean the deadlines hold no real value? Any clue about this?


That's interesting.

It can be interpreted in your case as follows:

Pay the application fees and submit the rest of the docs by Nov 1.
Recommendations can be submitted within a week and you will be considered for R1.

I guess, those who pay and submit the docs post-Nov 1, would be in a queue and decisions will not necessarily be given along with R1 students.

Not sure though how exactly to interpret this.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 May 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 02:36
sj24 wrote:
rahulchhabra wrote:

It seems the chat feature is available only after the application has been submitted. I explored the website and found another chat through something called Service Point. But that turned out to be for undergrads only. So sent them an email. This is the response I got -

"We have rolling admissions, applications are forwarded for review when all documents are received."

Now, does this mean the deadlines hold no real value? Any clue about this?


That's interesting.

It can be interpreted in your case as follows:

Pay the application fees and submit the rest of the docs by Nov 1.
Recommendations can be submitted within a week and you will be considered for R1.

I guess, those who pay and submit the docs post-Nov 1, would be in a queue and decisions will not necessarily be given along with R1 students.

Not sure though how exactly to interpret this.



I explicitly asked them what impact the deadlines had and they replied saying -

There is no impact as applications are forwarded for review when they become complete.

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Dec 2018
Posts: 161
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 03:10
rahulchhabra wrote:

I explicitly asked them what impact the deadlines had and they replied saying -

There is no impact as applications are forwarded for review when they become complete.

Posted from my mobile device


Woah.
No point of deadlines!!
Well, good to know.
One should not submit hurriedly then.

Great for folks who are currently working on the application.
They won't have to wait for a couple of months.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 May 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 03:16
sj24 wrote:
rahulchhabra wrote:

I explicitly asked them what impact the deadlines had and they replied saying -

There is no impact as applications are forwarded for review when they become complete.

Posted from my mobile device


Woah.
No point of deadlines!!
Well, good to know.
One should not submit hurriedly then.

Great for folks who are currently working on the application.
They won't have to wait for a couple of months.


Yeah! Exactly! Though I'm pretty baffled by this. If deadlines had no use, why mention them Round wise - just say rolling admissions. For anyone who is working on the apps, I would still say submit as soon as possible.
I am doing the same. All the best, folks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jun 2019
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 03:46
Hello everyone!

Is there a re-applicant essay apart from the 3 main essays?

An immediate reply would be appreciated!

sj24 Narenn
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 Oct 2018
Posts: 10
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Economics
Schools: Jindal '22
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V22
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 05:01
Not able to make payment from yesterday. Anybody else facing the same issue ?
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Dec 2018
Posts: 161
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 05:39
sanabawa wrote:
Hello everyone!

Is there a re-applicant essay apart from the 3 main essays?

An immediate reply would be appreciated!

sj24 Narenn


Hi sanabawa,

I don't have a direct answer to your question.

I wanted to mention some extra info apart from the answers of the three given essay prompts.

I wrote an email asking, can I mention extra information under "optional essay"?

And I was told YES.

I would say, drop an email and get clarity.

Their responses are quick.

Hope this helps.
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Dec 2018
Posts: 161
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 05:41
VSClub wrote:
Not able to make payment from yesterday. Anybody else facing the same issue ?


I made it last week. Had no difficulty.

Please write to them and attach a screenshot if you are worried about meeting the deadline of 1st November.
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Dec 2018
Posts: 161
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 05:47
Guys, McGill reviews applications on a rolling basis.

This has been clearly mentioned on their website.

Check Link: https://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/program ... r-applying

So, don't wait for the next deadline which is 15th Jan.

And they tend to give decisions in about 4 weeks once all documents of the checklist are completed.

If you have already submitted and you hear back then share the news here.
Attachments

McGill.png
McGill.png [ 113.97 KiB | Viewed 681 times ]

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2018
Posts: 15
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 10:14
Hey Guys,

I had submitted my application on 1st Nov for R1. The application is still in a submitted state.
Does anyone have the application in some other state as "in review" or anything else?
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Dec 2018
Posts: 161
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2019, 22:38
smidha93 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I had submitted my application on 1st Nov for R1. The application is still in a submitted state.
Does anyone have the application in some other state as "in review" or anything else?


Status is "submitted" for me as well. No change.
Let me know if it changes for you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Posts: 18
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 19:53
1
Just had my interview. What an amazing experience I hope I get in. They were kind and engaging, and really encouraged me to tell my story.

A note their adcom meets once a week so give it 2-3 weeks before they get back to you.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 Oct 2018
Posts: 10
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Economics
Schools: Jindal '22
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V22
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 20:00
Hi Avinoam, can you tell your background ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Posts: 18
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 20:13
Engineering Degree turned Rabbi worked as Rabbi for 4 years... Some might say I'm over educated.

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Dec 2018
Posts: 161
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2019, 00:52
avinoam wrote:
Just had my interview. What an amazing experience I hope I get in. They were kind and engaging, and really encouraged me to tell my story.

A note their adcom meets once a week so give it 2-3 weeks before they get back to you.

Posted from my mobile device


Great to hear that, avinoam. Hope you get in :thumbup: :)

Please consider sharing your interview debrief here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/desautels-mc ... brief.html

Can you also share the timeline?

Application Submitted on : __________
Heard back On : ______ via __________
Scheduled an Interview On : __________

Best wishes!!
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Dec 2018
Posts: 161
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 01:20
sj24 wrote:
smidha93 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I had submitted my application on 1st Nov for R1. The application is still in a submitted state.
Does anyone have the application in some other state as "in review" or anything else?


Status is "submitted" for me as well. No change.
Let me know if it changes for you.


Status changed to "In Review".
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 15 Nov 2019, 01:20

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 100 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sj24






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne