GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Aug 2020, 09:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Ross School Moderator
G
Reviews Badge
Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2019, 22:35
Welcome all Desautels class of 2022 hopefuls. Let's use this platform to know each-other, exchange ideas, discuss app strategies, and some profile discussions may be? Give a shout out!

Desautels (McGill) Decision Tracker & Historical Admit Data | Add McGill to your profile

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 00:28
[/quote]

I had dropped an email and just got the response that the decisions will be out by the end of the week.
Fingers crossed!!![/quote]

Have you given the interview?[/quote]

No. Decision on the application will be given by the end of the week, that's what I was told.[/quote]

Hey sj24 , Have you received any new update on your application?
Ross School Moderator
G
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 03:43
Codedlord wrote:

Hey sj24 , Have you received any new update on your application?

Hey Codedlord,

Surprisingly no.

I was told that it will be out by the end of the week for sure.
Now hopefully in the first week of Jan 2020.

This is too confusing!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2019, 04:35
sj24 wrote:
Codedlord wrote:

Hey Codedlord,

Surprisingly no.

I was told that it will be out by the end of the week for sure.
Now hopefully in the first week of Jan 2020.

This is too confusing!

sj24,
That is super weird and unnerving. The school official reopens on Jan 03, I doubt anything can/will be done until the following week. Sending interview invites 9 weeks after application deadline is not the best way the school wants to protray itself. But one can only wait
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q55 V55
GPA: 3.92

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2019, 03:44
Hi Ishan95

Given that you received your admit could you detail a bit on your profile(work experience, fields, GMAT score etc)
Also how was your interview experience?

Ishan95 wrote:
Hi VSClub,

I have 4+ years WE in digital marketing & market research. Applied on 27th Oct and interviewed on 5th Nov.

Posted from my mobile device
Ross School Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2019, 06:59
Codedlord wrote:

sj24,
That is super weird and unnerving. The school official reopens on Jan 03, I doubt anything can/will be done until the following week. Sending interview invites 9 weeks after application deadline is not the best way the school wants to protray itself. But one can only wait

I second that.
I am more than surprised by this.
They must have their reasons, I guess.
Let's see, what the new year brings!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 02:11
bschoolhunter wrote:
Hi Ishan95

Given that you received your admit could you detail a bit on your profile(work experience, fields, GMAT score etc)
Also how was your interview experience?

Ishan95 wrote:
Hi VSClub,

I have 4+ years WE in digital marketing & market research. Applied on 27th Oct and interviewed on 5th Nov.

Hey,

As you have already noticed, I have shared some details on my profile and work experience. I've worked primarily in the marketing industry in very different roles. I have a 700 GMAT.

To answer your question on my interview experience, it was very conversational but at the same time very professional. In your interview you will have the opportunity to talk about all your experiences in detail. I think as long as you genuinely believe that this is the right school for you and if that desire to join comes across as authentic, you should be fine.
Ross School Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2019, 09:50
I received an email.
Rejection without an interview!

Good luck folks.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2019, 04:15
sj24 wrote:
I received an email.

Good luck folks.

Hey sj24,

I'm sorry to hear that. It must hurt.

When did they email you?
Did you apply anywhere else?
Ross School Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 00:01
Codedlord wrote:
sj24 wrote:
I received an email.

Good luck folks.

Hey sj24,

I'm sorry to hear that. It must hurt.

When did they email you?
Did you apply anywhere else?

Hey, first of all, apologies for the late reply and happy holidays!
I got an email on 23rd evening IST time.

I have an admit from Schulich and from a couple of schools from the US.

How about you?
Did you hear back from McGill?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.04

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2020, 18:38
Hi All,

I am applying for Round 2. I have submitted my application but how do I upload all the supporting documents? I don't see any option for uploding
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2020, 00:31
Seriously is McGill even interested in having a 2022 MBA Batch? Cause it sure does not seem that way.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2020, 21:23
Hi everyone,
I need some advice...

Although I have completed my side of the checklist, one of my recommenders has still not uploaded their letter and therefore I think my application is still listed as incomplete.

Does anyone know if there's a grace period for recommenders to send in their letters? Most schools usually allow for an extra week?

Hoping I don't get pushed into R3 because of this.

If you can shed some light - that would be so helpful.
Thank you!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2020, 15:27
To all my dear friends striving to get into Desautels. I meant to be more active here but I've been busy over the holidays. I'd like to follow up sj24 I am sorry you didn't get in, but Schulich is still a good school and has an amazing reputation in Canada if that's where you want to be. abhishekbansal14 be assured that McGill is very actively forming it's class of 2022, but also understand McGill is actively changing it's program to make sure it remains competitive and unique. McGill is a smaller program then some of you major schools which means they are not looking for someone that checks the boxes but someone that rounds out the program, I hope you'll get in but if you don't it doesn't necessarily speak to your quality as an applicant.
mba2019girl McGill is a rolling admissions program if once you're application is complete they'll begin to process it. I know they have rounds on the website but that's more guidelines than anything. I hope you get in and get to meet you in August.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2020, 19:57
Good luck to all who applied in R2! Since Desautels has rolling admissions, many of you may already have received interview decisions, right?
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 00:54
Hi everyone! Just wanted to come back here to check if anyone else has heard back from McGill with good news? Interview invites/admits should be rolling out now that the holiday season is over.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 570 Q46 V23
GPA: 3.5
WE: Programming (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 06:06
Hello there, I applied for Desautels fall 2020 intake on 4th January (R2). Took some time to complete all the items from the checklist. Haven't heard back anything yet. The status of my application still shows as 'Submitted' on their applicant login. Can someone, who applied in R1 and got the call for an interview, share the timelines of the events?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 06:26
shrutisaxena21 wrote:
Hello there, I applied for Desautels fall 2020 intake on 4th January (R2). Took some time to complete all the items from the checklist. Haven't heard back anything yet. The status of my application still shows as 'Submitted' on their applicant login. Can someone, who applied in R1 and got the call for an interview, share the timelines of the events?

So I submitted Sept 18, I had a phone call with recruiter Oct 7 I had my interview Nov 8 and I found out Dec 2. I think mine was extreme because I submitted so early. The end of round one was Nov 1. Also they are undergoing certain restructuring so sometimes it takes a little longer. Hope to see you august 2020

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 570 Q46 V23
GPA: 3.5
WE: Programming (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 12:22
Thanks for the response avinoam. I hope to hear back something from them soon. Will see you if all goes well.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 11:45
Guys, between McGill, Sauder and Schulich what would you rank them for Venture Capital?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 14:31
totodile6ix wrote:
Guys, between McGill, Sauder and Schulich what would you rank them for Venture Capital?

Between those schools I'd say it depends where you want to live.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2020, 14:31

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 131 posts ] 

Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sj24