Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 520 Q38 V32
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V22
GMAT 3: 670 Q47 V34
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know - If you are not invited in EA does your application automatically forward to First Round or do you need to reapply and refill the Round 1 application
Any help in this matter will be appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 135
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
arpitsave87 wrote:
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know - If you are not invited in EA does your application automatically forward to First Round or do you need to reapply and refill the Round 1 application

I believe your application automatically gets forwarded to R1. But someone else on this blog can confirm too.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
arpitsave87 wrote:
Hey guys,

You can not apply twice in the same application cycle. If they have to consider you in another round, it will be through the same application
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
a little clarification for the people who weren't invited. :wink:

the adcom is regularly reviewing the applications in EA, and there is still a possibility that you could be asked to interview within the EA round.
If that happens, the adcom team will be in touch with you in the coming weeks.

There is also the option, that at the end of EA, you could receive a Waitlist decision.
In that case, the adcom would then reevaluate your application with Round 1 candidates.

So just give it a little time and hope for the best.

- Arun
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saugagmatter wrote:
arpitsave87 wrote:
Hey guys,

I believe your application automatically gets forwarded to R1. But someone else on this blog can confirm too.

the adcom is regularly reviewing the applications in EA, and there is still a possibility that you could be asked to interview within the EA round.

There is also the option, that at the end of EA, you could receive a Waitlist decision.
In that case, the adcom would then reevaluate your application with Round 1 candidates.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Starting My MBA Journey
The Road to Fuqua
As an international student, the anticipation of starting my MBA journey at Fuqua was huge. Even before school started, I had met more than 10 Israeli alumni and/or students in informal gatherings, Fuqua Around the World and student mixer events.

Each and every one of them, of course, had his or her own background and personality, but what was common to all of them were the values of Team Fuqua. The feeling of unity, collaboration and friendship is what Fuqua is all about, and they let me feel as one of them since the beginning. Meeting other Fuquans in my homeland was like a welcome party at school away from school. The amount of information I gained and relationships I created was huge. Even though I was two months away from orientation, my network immediately started to grow and a whole new world of opportunities began to emerge.

While packing my things and saying goodbye to my family and friends, I enjoyed full support from second-year students at Fuqua who helped me in completing a smooth transition from Tel Aviv, Israel, to Durham, North Carolina. I especially enjoyed participating in the Fuqua Buddy program which pairs newly admitted students with a first-year students in order to answer all their needs, questions and doubts. These two months passed in a breeze, and here I was on my first day of orientation.

Orientation

At orientation with my Section 6 crew
Before arriving in Durham, I had heard a lot about Fuqua’s Daytime MBA orientation from second-year students. But, as I learned a few times before in life, words cannot describe an amazing experience and in particular, our orientation. Overwhelming, yet exhilarating is the best way I can describe those three days.

It started off with a series of keynote speakers who explained, in their own creative way, the meaning of Team Fuqua. Right after, we were divided into our class sections in order to kick off the Section Olympics. This event is a challenging competition between sections that was designed to let us meet our new classmates and increase our team spirit. At the end of each day during orientation we had a theme party which, in my eyes, was the perfect ice-breaker. There’s nothing like dressing up and fooling around with your new classmates and future network, creating the first real memories from this journey.

At the end of orientation I felt exhausted, but at the same time I was hungry for more. I constantly asked myself, if I had this much fun in just three days, what does Fuqua have in store for me over the next two years?

The post Starting My MBA Journey appeared first on Duke MBA Student Blog.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Consequential Power Tools: What I Learned at Fuqua in My First Month
His name was Bill.

“Just follow the line and keep ‘er steady,” he suggested in an expert southern drawl as he handed over the bright yellow Dewalt portable table saw.

Right. It’s that simple.

Paint chips were left on the handle from previous brave users, with far more skill than my shaky hands provide. But with Bill’s watchful eye over my shoulder, there I went, maneuvering that power tool across the slab of plywood. Boom, I did it!

‘Consequential power tools.’ That is the phrase printed on the shirts we wore the day Fuqua armed 450 first-year MBAs with screws, nails, hammers, sunscreen, and yes, power tools, to help Durham’s Habitat for Humanity build houses and change lives—all while building better sense of team within our group.

Let’s see, day one of orientation I couldn’t find my car in the parking lot, and now just a few days later I’m slightly above novice in the power tool game. I’d say things are looking up!

That same week on Team Challenge Day, I walked a high rope 30 feet in the air with the help of one of my Consequential Leadership (CLead) teammates, using only each other for balance to walk across the last leg. Five different continents were represented in my group of 12 that day, and yet the means of communication while suspended that high in the air, came so naturally.

Even more exciting, my section (Section 1, uno’s!) set a new record on ‘The Wall’ challenge, a Fuqua Daytime MBA rite of passage that requires each section to get all of its 75-plus members over a 25-foot wall using nothing but each other. The Wall is an incredible experience of trust, teamwork, and pure adrenaline. We formed ‘human steps’ and a mosh pit of people to create a system of hoisting and pulling team members over the wall.

I thought it was impossible, but I’m quickly learning that this Team Fuqua way of working together and supporting one another implies much to the contrary.

Takeaways

Our team in front of the Habitat house we worked on
It’s hard to believe it’s only been a month since I traded in my New York City metrocard for a set of car keys and a Fuqua student ID. And it has been such a whirlwind! I’ve been reflecting on what I learned at Fuqua so far during my short time here, due solely to the help of my 450 new classmates.

• I’ve learned that a team as a collective whole can conquer much more than an individual can by themselves—a day playing with ropes and walls quickly taught me that.
  • I’ve learned that 450 classmate names is a lot to remember. But when you meet the individuals, the incredible backgrounds and stories quickly make you feel like you’ve known them for much longer.
  • I’ve learned that everyone loves to talk about food, and I am not so secretly awaiting the potlucks to commence.
  • I’ve learned that time stands still in team rooms, and candy makes the sometimes longer-than-expected meetings that much better.
  • I’ve learned that it’s a good day when you can get a parking spot at the front of the green lot, and that cold calling is not just for law students.
  • I’ve learned that despite lack of sleep at times, the amount of energy this community perpetuates is caffeine enough to conquer the day. Okay—supplemental afternoon coffees from Ron at the Fox Center are crucial too.
I may not yet know how to maneuver around the entire Fuqua building, and there are still hundreds of people I have yet to meet. I have, however, learned and witnessed firsthand that Fuqua will arm us with the tools, energy, and support network to tackle our goals, and I can only dream of what this community will help us all to achieve over the next 20 months.

Working on the roof
The post Consequential Power Tools: What I Learned at Fuqua in My First Month appeared first on Duke MBA Student Blog.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
Deleted

Originally posted by sacman on 06 Oct 2015, 11:10.
Last edited by sacman on 06 Oct 2015, 20:44, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Ross '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V44
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
sacman wrote:
Has anybody attended a virtual information session?

Yeah. It was beneficial. They open it up for questions at the end. People will ask questions you might not have been thinking about, but still find helpful. I recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Admissions Event Showcases a Supportive Community for LGBT Students
I was already sold on the Fuqua community as I entered the throes of MBA admissions last fall. But one looming—and important—question remained: as a gay male from Southern California, would I have to put this aspect of my identity off to the side when I headed to North Carolina? Or even hide it?

Lucky for me, the answer ended up being a large “NO” in all respects, and I discovered this by attending The Duke MBA LGBT Weekend.

What to Expect at LGBT Weekend
Every year FuquaPride (Fuqua’s LGBT network) and Fuqua Admissions host a special weekend to provide prospective students an opportunity to learn more about Fuqua and the admissions process, as well as general life as an LGBT student. While the weekend offers plenty of more traditional ways to learn about Fuqua—class visits, meetings with Admissions and Career Management Center (CMC) representatives, even an optional interview—the real value comes from ample opportunities to meet current LGBT students and alumni through numerous panels and networking events.

When I visited last December as part of LGBT Weekend, we even received VIP treatment from two venerable Fuqua institutions—Fuqua Friday and FuquaVision. By the end of the weekend, I was not only sold on the supportive Team Fuqua spirit, but I also was excited to join an active and vibrant LGBT community.

A Supportive Community for LGBT Students

Fuqua students, staff and alumni at the 2014 ROMBA conference in San Francisco
Now that I’m currently enrolled, I can only confirm and expand upon how fantastic Fuqua is for LGBT students. FuquaPride has given me an immediate group of best friends and even second-year student mentors as I jump into a new world of classes and recruitment. Regular events we hold, such as trivia nights, bar crawls, and the North Carolina Pride Parade Watching party, attract a wide assortment of student allies.

Even last year, nearly 300 students and staff members attended our annual Drag Show, including our own Dean Russ Morgan, who served as a judge. FuquaPride also receives a huge amount of support from our CMC for Reaching Out MBA (ROMBA), who holds an annual LGBT MBA conference that attracts nearly 1,500 students and recruiters every year. And if you like rankings, Fuqua also participates in the annual Friendfactor MBA Ally Challenge, which ranks LGBT inclusiveness at top business school, receiving top “Gold” status in 2015.

Come Visit and See for Yourself
Choosing an MBA program is not an easy process, and every current student will tell you how important it is to find the right fit. If you think Fuqua might be the perfect place for you, come visit us in December at the 2015 LGBT Weekend. The deadline for applying to is November 2. See you soon!

The post Admissions Event Showcases a Supportive Community for LGBT Students appeared first on Duke MBA Student Blog.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
I just received an email from the admission office saying I have been invited to interview. However, I received the decision on 29th that I had NOT been invited to interview. Is anybody else in the same boat?

This is confusing. Called them up to clarify, they said drop an email and we will reply to you within 24 hours. I am 99% sure this is an error in their system or something, but that 1% won't let me rest till I know.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
arunpkumar wrote:
saugagmatter wrote:
arpitsave87 wrote:
Hey guys,

I was initially not invitd, but just received an email saying I have been invited. Could this be the case here? Not sure, really. Have dropped them an email about this.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
GHP wrote:
sacman wrote:
Has anybody attended a virtual information session?

Yeah. It was beneficial. They open it up for questions at the end. People will ask questions you might not have been thinking about, but still find helpful. I recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, your application fees gets waived off. So go ahead and attend.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Alright, So I have been invited to interview, within the next three days! Man this is going to be a stretch.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
anupamgupta2112 wrote:
Alright, So I have been invited to interview, within the next three days! Man this is going to be a stretch.

Do your best. BOL!
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Good luck mate!!! anupamgupta2112
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Conducted my interview in Seoul, Korea, on Oct 7th. Hopefully, there will be good new on Oct 26th. Good luck to all!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  46   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts