It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 21:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Female MBA Applicants (2016 Intake; Class of 2017/2018)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Female MBA Applicants (2016 Intake; Class of 2017/2018) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2015, 11:53
Hi, My username is csunidhi and I am targeting 2016 intake. Do I need to join the group or will u be including me in the group? Please let me know either ways. Many thanks in advance!!!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

BSchool Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 12

GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling All Female MBA Applicants (2016 Intake; Class of 2017/2018) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2015, 08:55
This post was
BOOKMARKED
csunidhi wrote:
Hi, My username is csunidhi and I am targeting 2016 intake. Do I need to join the group or will u be including me in the group? Please let me know either ways. Many thanks in advance!!!

With your post, you're included in the group, csunidhi! Welcome - we're glad you've joined us here! :-D

“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2015, 15:40
fxMBAconsulting wrote:
Hi Ladies,

Thought I would suggest one resource that was helpful to me prior to business school - I'm sure many of you are already familiar with the Forte Foundation...but I'll just mention that they have a couple of conferences (which are a mix of speakers and networking with recruiters). I attended the Finance Conference in the summer of 2008 right before I started my MBA at Sloan and enjoyed it. I read an article the other day that said that on average women received 50% less interview invites and offers during their final year of b-school (compared to men). The reality is that as a woman you are fighting an uphill battle because there is (I think) a bias towards men because they do not leave the workforce/company to have children. The more networking you can do beyond what your program offers - the better.

I'm an admissions consultant and have been working with candidates since 2009 when I was in b-school myself. Feel free to reach out for a complimentary chat about school selection etc. http://fxmbaconsulting.com/free-mba-adm ... sultation/
If you saw this posting here (and you're a female applicant), mention it and I'll extend a 25% discount on top of any services you're interested in :)

Leadership Conference
http://www.fortefoundation.org/site/Pag ... ts_powerup

Finance Conference
http://www.fortefoundation.org/site/Pag ... =moveahead

They also have a fellows program you can apply for. Although they aren't giving you a scholarship being a fellow is likely a platform that will give you more visibility within their network and with partner recruiters.
http://www.fortefoundation.org/site/Pag ... Wstoc9VhBc

Thank you, fxMBAconsulting!

Do you know anything about the 2015 forums? I've been keeping an eye out for one in the Pacific Northwest!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GPA: 2.9
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2015, 09:25
Hi there!

Very excited to be here. I'm a (hopeful) Fall 2016 candidate. My school of choice is INSEAD, based off of recommendations from several colleagues who have extensive international studies and who know me well. I have spent the last 5 years in management roles in the healthcare field and I am pursuing my MBA so that I can enter the global healthcare consulting field. I've enjoyed my role in management, but feel that I can have a larger impact in a consulting role. My biggest uphill battle, I think, will be the fact that I've always worked for smaller scale companies and would like to move into a larger platform. What is the best way to present myself? Experience driven or focus driven? Despite my smaller scale experience, I think I have a lot to bring to the consulting field and I am truly passionate about global healthcare and am planning on living internationally permanently, post MBA studies.

Thanks everyone! If there are any other INSEAD hopefuls, I would love to connect! Send me a message!

-Margaret

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 6

GPA: 3.86
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2015, 19:13
Hi everyone,

For those interested, MLT will be hosting an informational meeting on June 18th from 8-9pm. You can register here http://www.ml4t.org/event-calendar/2015 ... ap-success.

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Technology, Leadership
Schools: Anderson '18
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2015, 09:07
Hi!
I am so happy to have found this thread!
I am Tina and I am targeting 2016 intake too. I took my GMAT recently and scored 740. Planning to take my TOEFL in July. I belong to the super-competitive Indian-IT candidate group. I want to start the application immediately but feeling kinda clueless. If anyone has started application, please share what is the *first* thing that you did?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

2 KUDOS received
Official Business School Representative

Kudos [?]: 9 [2], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2015, 12:37
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys!

Given the subject of this thread, I thought you might get a kick out checking out some of the cool things happening at Rotman for women-
http://inside.rotman.utoronto.ca/wima/
https://www.facebook.com/RotmanWIMA

We also have the most Forte Foundation Fellows in Canada!

Good luck to you all with your MBA applications! :-)

Michael Moses
Assistant Director, Full Time MBA
Rotman School of Management
105 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M5S 3E6
Tel. 416-946-3369
Email: michael.moses@rotman.utoronto.ca

Kudos [?]: 9 [2], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 25 [1], given: 10

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2015, 13:37
This post received
KUDOS
Hi All-

Registration for Haas Diversity Workshop opened today! Will I be seeing anyone else there?
http://haas.berkeley.edu/haas/diversity ... shops.html

Kudos [?]: 25 [1], given: 10

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 7

Calling All Female MBA Applicants (2016 Intake; Class of 2017/2018) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2015, 21:29
Thanks a lot Leah! Will definitely get in touch with you.

Do you also help international applicants? I'm based in India, which is why I ask :)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 7

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2015, 19:26
Hi all,

I'm applying this year too! Split my schools between R1 and R2 because each app seems to take so long.

I'm an Indian lawyer, been working in the sustainable infrastructure space for a while; hoping to transition to the more commercial side of things with an MBA.

Good luck to all of us!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Calling All Female MBA Applicants (2016 Intake; Class of 2017/2018) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2015, 11:19
Hi ladies. I have been a silent lurker but finally decided to post.

Did any of you ladies get an invite from HBS? Pretty depressed as I don't have any hopes on HBS now :(

BTW I am Mona and I work in semiconductor manufacturing

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2015, 11:46
Hey Folks-

Any updates from anyone? Current status here:
    HBS - Dinged 10/14
    Stanford - Submitted
    Haas - Submitted through Consortium
    Anderson - Submitted through Consortium

Hopefully good news coming this way soon!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2015, 08:01
Hello!

If you missed your 2016 intake, be sure to check out the Forté MBALaunch program. It's admissions prep (both test and application) especially for women. Applications are open until Nov. 15 to apply in 2016 and aim for intake in 2017.

Good luck!!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 14:48
Total female question here, but if an interviewer has specified "business casual," do you think I would still need to wear pantyhose with a dress? (inwardly cringing here...)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 11:33
LetMyPeopleGoSurfing wrote:

So I hired an MGMAT tutor myself, and he was pretty awesome. I took the LSAT when in undergrad (dodged that bullet) and took a Kaplan classroom course, so that's my base for comparison. What's nice about having a tutor is that they can give you tips for specific problem-types that will really help you. When you do an online program or a classroom, you're accounting for the lowest common denominator and the lack of customization can definitely slow your studying down. I know in my LSAT classroom setting, we had some folks that really slowed down the pace and it could feel pretty inefficient.

That being said, there are plenty of people who self-study and do VERY well. I feel like the biggest things I learned from my tutor were essentially tricks to solving tougher 700+ level problems. Otherwise, you can get tons of great advice from this forum as well as from an online program. If you're disciplined and trust your googling abilities, you may not need a tutor, but if you can afford one and it will make you feel more comfortable, a tutor can be a GREAT resource.

It also gives you someone to brag to when you get your dream score!! :wink:

Hi LetMyPeopleGoSurfing,

I am also based in Oregon and was planning to hire a Manhattan tutor. Actually I do have a 720 score with Q49 and V40 but I am hoping to improve it further as I am an Indian female applicant. Also because I ended up on the waitlist for multiple schools, so I am hoping to improve my candidacy with a better GMAT score.

I have been trying to hire a manhattan tutor but it seems that they don't have anyone in Oregon. So I was wondering if you took online sessions with a Manhattan tutor? Also what kind of package did you take? Anything about your experience with the lessons will help me.

Thank you!
MBA1618

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 11:01
MBA1618 wrote:
LetMyPeopleGoSurfing wrote:

So I hired an MGMAT tutor myself, and he was pretty awesome. I took the LSAT when in undergrad (dodged that bullet) and took a Kaplan classroom course, so that's my base for comparison. What's nice about having a tutor is that they can give you tips for specific problem-types that will really help you. When you do an online program or a classroom, you're accounting for the lowest common denominator and the lack of customization can definitely slow your studying down. I know in my LSAT classroom setting, we had some folks that really slowed down the pace and it could feel pretty inefficient.

That being said, there are plenty of people who self-study and do VERY well. I feel like the biggest things I learned from my tutor were essentially tricks to solving tougher 700+ level problems. Otherwise, you can get tons of great advice from this forum as well as from an online program. If you're disciplined and trust your googling abilities, you may not need a tutor, but if you can afford one and it will make you feel more comfortable, a tutor can be a GREAT resource.

It also gives you someone to brag to when you get your dream score!! :wink:

Hi LetMyPeopleGoSurfing,

I am also based in Oregon and was planning to hire a Manhattan tutor. Actually I do have a 720 score with Q49 and V40 but I am hoping to improve it further as I am an Indian female applicant. Also because I ended up on the waitlist for multiple schools, so I am hoping to improve my candidacy with a better GMAT score.

I have been trying to hire a manhattan tutor but it seems that they don't have anyone in Oregon. So I was wondering if you took online sessions with a Manhattan tutor? Also what kind of package did you take? Anything about your experience with the lessons will help me.

Thank you!
MBA1618

Responded to your PM - Good luck! :)

BSchool Thread Master

GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 17:18
Hey ladies:

Just checking to see how everyone is doing. Who ended up applying where and how did it go? Who ended up delaying things for a bit?

Hope you're all doing great! :)

~Esther (msMBA1)

“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

Non-Human User

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2017, 17:46
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Female MBA Applicants (2016 Intake; Class of 2017/2018)   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2017, 17:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 38 posts ] 

Calling All Female MBA Applicants (2016 Intake; Class of 2017/2018)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap