Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:39 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Status:99% people must have tried giving 'kudos' to oneself !!!! forget the 1% ...pathetic !
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Consulting & Operations
Schools:Anderson (D), McDonough(A with aid), Fisher(A with aid), Carlson(A), Babson(A with aid), Foster(A with aid), GWU (A)& Carroll(Admit with aid)
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Consulting
Schools:McDonough (A, 20%) , Smith (A, 80%), GWU (Accepted, 75%)
 Q46  V42
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:99% people must have tried giving 'kudos' to oneself !!!! forget the 1% ...pathetic !
Schools:Anderson (D), McDonough(A with aid), Fisher(A with aid), Carlson(A), Babson(A with aid), Foster(A with aid), GWU (A)& Carroll(Admit with aid)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling All Georgetown 2011 Applicants (Updated) [#permalink]
garuda wrote:
AF2013 wrote:
got my email directing me to the application page 2 hrs. ago, in with scholarship! Did they give you a %, garuda? they just told me a round (haha, smaller) number of dollars, not %

and, is this link accurate for the tuition?
https://msb.georgetown.edu/mba/admissions/cost/

ha ha....no no..i calculated the figure (only time i use my math skills !!) ....they offered me 30 k each year :-D

haha, ok, cool....I got 10, so I feel pretty good

do you know if you can negotiate at all? hah, I wasn't sure of you could say "university X gave me $Y..."
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AF2013 wrote:
garuda wrote:
AF2013 wrote:
got my email directing me to the application page 2 hrs. ago, in with scholarship! Did they give you a %, garuda? they just told me a round (haha, smaller) number of dollars, not %

ha ha....no no..i calculated the figure (only time i use my math skills !!) ....they offered me 30 k each year :-D

do you know if you can negotiate at all? hah, I wasn't sure of you could say "university X gave me $Y..."

actually u can...i personally know a guy who got 50 % from A univ....and 75 % from B univ....he sent an email to A citing B's scholarship....and then A gave him more than B.....but i guess one need's to chose the words with caution....the bottom line should be....not what will u offer to a candidate like me......but something like - I love your school and program.....and because of finances I may end up at another school....

but ....i guess it is more important that the school is in the same league....like you cant compare a non ranked univ and its schols with a reputed school !!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
widerangeinput wrote:
hmmm... missed call from Unknown Number

Congrats to all that got the call today! I received the call this morning as well...then received email later in the afternoon to check updated status. Btw, the call came from 202 area code.

Good luck to those waitlisted and Round 2 applicants!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats to all who were accepted

I was waitlisted. I didn't get the call for an interview, so I consider myself thrilled/relieved at this. I'm going to use this opportunity to go all out, especially since I started a new job 2 weekends ago. What do I have to lose really?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Waitlisted :shock:

Congratulations to all admits !!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AF2013 wrote:
garuda wrote:
AF2013 wrote:

oh here is a link.....this is also kinda interesting......talks about starting a bidding war !!!

https://www.usnews.com/education/paying- ... t-over-you
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V42
Send PM
oh here is a link.....this is also kinda interesting......talks about starting a bidding war !!!

https://www.usnews.com/education/paying- ... t-over-you[/quote]

ooo, nice...I got a pretty competitive offer from UMD Smith (like, $39 K for the 1st year with an assistantship) so I might try and leverage that in addition to GW's offer. Do you think UMD is equivalent enough for this sort of thing?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AF2013 wrote:

https://www.usnews.com/education/paying- ... -over-you/

ooo, nice...I got a pretty competitive offer from UMD Smith (like, $39 K for the 1st year with an assistantship) so I might try and leverage that in addition to GW's offer. Do you think UMD is equivalent enough for this sort of thing?

so i guess u r asking about bidding between GWU and UMD ?...well i dont know much about UMD....never researched about it....but i guess UMD is a bit better than GWU.....cannot say anything concrete about it....

but if you are asking my opinion about doing a bidding thing with georgetown...well as for me....i do have schols from other schools...some have given me a better offer....but then georgetown is on top of my list....and any schol that they provide me is ok ...so i wont ask them for more money....moreover as of now i think i can handle the MBA costs (minus schol amount) ...so maybe the additional aid which i may ask them for...could be utilized elsewhere for someone else who needs it !

since you did mention that you might consider georgetown if u got a bit more....i think you can convey it to the adcom....though bidding war does sound interesting....i am apprehensive how well will that go down with the adcom...like for example... if you compare their schools with other schools......

but if you really want to go to a particular school...then go ahead and tell them frankly...how much you love their school and program....and that some schols will be appreciated....

i am not a bidding supporter.....but i would rather prefer being honest about your situation....i am sure they would love a honest reason.....but if u do wish to bid....the key is language...use it well to your advantage...

all the best !

PS: sorry for a long post...
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V42
Send PM
I'm just seeing how close UMD is in panache to Georgetown, so as to asses how well the scholarship decision from one would affect the other. definitely don't want to take money from those who need it, but I'd also prefer not to be $70-90k in debt too ;)

also, has anyone head what the "welcome website" is? I might just be getting antsy, but if anyone has found it already, I'd like to peruse
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AF2013 wrote:
I'm just seeing how close UMD is in panache to Georgetown, so as to asses how well the scholarship decision from one would affect the other. definitely don't want to take money from those who need it, but I'd also prefer not to be $70-90k in debt too ;)

also, has anyone head what the "welcome website" is? I might just be getting antsy, but if anyone has found it already, I'd like to peruse

yes, debt and thoughts about it sometimes makes me apprehensive.....all the best with your decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Cookiesn wrote:
Congrats to all those admitted. Could you please post brief profiles as well? (if not already available!)

Gmat 700/ 3.6 from a medium ranked private/ age: 24 with 1 yr Big 4 audit and 2 yrs S&T/ and just medium ECs

Best of luck to those applying in future rounds!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am in with much much scholarhsip. Please send me message if you are also in Georgetown U. We can chat on msn or Facebook in advance. :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
hi guys i got waitlisted in R1 - from India .. i think m low on GMAT - 690 .. is anyone there whose thinking of taking it again?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
adee009 wrote:
hi guys i got waitlisted in R1 - from India .. i think m low on GMAT - 690 .. is anyone there whose thinking of taking it again?

690 on GMAT is not low for Georgetown - it's right at the median. That couldn't have been your issue. Must have been something else - your essays or recs or community service.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
adee009 wrote:

hey, i know it is kinda irritating and frustrating when you are put on waitlist, but I would recommend you to keep in touch with them. Talk to them and see.

but 690 is not considered low....I applied with 700 and ended up with an offer....so it is more of the essays, interview, work ex.. !!!

reread your essays and recos

Originally posted by garuda on 17 Jan 2011, 17:09.
Last edited by garuda on 18 Jan 2011, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
garuda wrote:
adee009 wrote:

hey, i know it is kinda irritating and frustrating when you are put on waitlist, but I would recommend you to keep in touch with them. Talk to them and see.

but 690 is not considered low....I applied with 700 and ended up with an offer....so it is more of the essays, interview, work ex.. !!!

reread your essays and recos

otherwise you should have left India long time back !

thanks alot ! i think i will reread my essays etc. even though i dont why i i still feel its the Gmat being in the Indian Pool. I have great community service and extracurriculars . Just frustrating i ve bin waitlisted on anothr one too !!! Is contacting your admissions rep a good idea?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In. No $$ though!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  34