GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 26 Apr 2018, 16:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
2 KUDOS received
Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.33
Reviews Badge
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 11:59
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Creating a place for Haas EWMBA applicants to hang out and network with other applicants. We can use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Happy networking.

EWMBA Reviews | EWMBA Decision Tracker | Admission Deadlines | Haas EWMBA - Admission Trends!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2017, 18:18
Hello Guys,

Those who got an interview call from R1, could you please also share your GMAT score, I have scheduled my exam just a week before R2 deadline but my mock scores are in the range of 620-650, not sure if that would be good enough for an interview call, if I am far below the range I would rather reschedule and apply in R3.

Thanks in Advance...!!
Invited to Interview
28 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 720, Q48, V41; GPA: 3.42; WE: 60 months; United States, NJ; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.42
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 14:50
I applied in round 1, submitted all my materials on 11/14 and got my official transcripts to them by 11/29. I just got the email for an interview today. Anyone still waiting, hang in there.
Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 14:52
Congrats S3U5S

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 20:36
S3U5S wrote:
I applied in round 1, submitted all my materials on 11/14 and got my official transcripts to them by 11/29. I just got the email for an interview today. Anyone still waiting, hang in there.

Congratulations and good luck :)
Invited to Interview
05 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 710, Q46, V41; GPA: 3.33; WE: 72 months; United States, CA; via Email
Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 18:18
HI All,

What were the questions like when you interviewed at Haas?

Thanks,

Akash
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 23:22
If it helps anyone, here's an interview debrief of EWMBA applicant posted on the forum last year.

Jamesl1986 wrote:
Background - Biotech undergrad overseas, Masters in biotech (south bay), experience in marketing, digital marketing, operations, and project management (waterfall & agile) at a fortune 500 scientific company. Undergrad GPA is very low but masters GPA is 3.8 while working full time.

I got the interview invite within a couple days after the submission deadline for R2. I chose 3/2/2017 for convenience and agreed to interview on campus.

Attire recommendation is business - I wore a mid-blue suit, light blue shirt with tie just to be safe. This is pretty close to what I wear to work, less the tie and suit jacket. I would recommend giving yourself time to be comfortable in a suit, be it days or weeks in advance. There is parking right across Haas (event parking), but a spot may be hard to find if you run into a major event. Street parking time limits don't make sense to accommodate time needed for interview.

I arrived early to grab a coffee and calm my nerves. The EWMBA Admissions office is not hard to find in the main admin building. I was greeted by admissions staff and waited in the lounge for my interview.

I met with my interviewer and proceeded to a personal office for the interview. I am more accustomed to meeting in conference rooms, so this was something I did not expect. Try not to be distracted by all the files, computer, etc. in the office.

We started off with introductions and general "tell me about yourself" type questions. I talked about what I studied in undergrad, masters, and how it led to my current role. I also talked about the business courses I took which naturally paved the way to "why MBA." My response was I always knew I wanted formal business education because I am interested in all facets of business, so the question really is "why now." I felt comfortable with 4 yrs of experience and I am confident I can contribute meaningfully to the cohort.

Goals wise, I wanted to transition into software product management, and eventually start my own company. I gave rationales to why Haas is the perfect fit for this goal.

The next stage was "walk me through your resume" type questions. I just went through my various experiences listed/not listed on the resume and painted a story of how I got to where I was, and how it'll help me get to where I want to be. I highlighted a couple of key achievements, since they accentuate my initiative, leadership, teamwork, and ability to make sense of complex things moving at 100 miles per hour.

The last stage was about my recreation and how I spend my time outside of work. I had a hard time answering this question because my interests are diverse. I led with "I like to focus on work, but explore on interests." Some things seemed to connect and we had an enjoyable chat to slightly over the allotted interview time.

My best advice is practice performing under pressure and be steady. I learned to shift my mindset from "convince them" to "share my passion and story." Also have solid stories on how you fit with the Haas defining principles and culture. The defining principles closely match my personal principles, so I just needed examples to demonstrate.

Best of luck & see you at Haas!

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 11:01
Thanks!

Narenn wrote:
If it helps anyone, here's an interview debrief of EWMBA applicant posted on the forum last year.

Jamesl1986 wrote:
Background - Biotech undergrad overseas, Masters in biotech (south bay), experience in marketing, digital marketing, operations, and project management (waterfall & agile) at a fortune 500 scientific company. Undergrad GPA is very low but masters GPA is 3.8 while working full time.

I got the interview invite within a couple days after the submission deadline for R2. I chose 3/2/2017 for convenience and agreed to interview on campus.

Attire recommendation is business - I wore a mid-blue suit, light blue shirt with tie just to be safe. This is pretty close to what I wear to work, less the tie and suit jacket. I would recommend giving yourself time to be comfortable in a suit, be it days or weeks in advance. There is parking right across Haas (event parking), but a spot may be hard to find if you run into a major event. Street parking time limits don't make sense to accommodate time needed for interview.

I arrived early to grab a coffee and calm my nerves. The EWMBA Admissions office is not hard to find in the main admin building. I was greeted by admissions staff and waited in the lounge for my interview.

I met with my interviewer and proceeded to a personal office for the interview. I am more accustomed to meeting in conference rooms, so this was something I did not expect. Try not to be distracted by all the files, computer, etc. in the office.

We started off with introductions and general "tell me about yourself" type questions. I talked about what I studied in undergrad, masters, and how it led to my current role. I also talked about the business courses I took which naturally paved the way to "why MBA." My response was I always knew I wanted formal business education because I am interested in all facets of business, so the question really is "why now." I felt comfortable with 4 yrs of experience and I am confident I can contribute meaningfully to the cohort.

Goals wise, I wanted to transition into software product management, and eventually start my own company. I gave rationales to why Haas is the perfect fit for this goal.

The next stage was "walk me through your resume" type questions. I just went through my various experiences listed/not listed on the resume and painted a story of how I got to where I was, and how it'll help me get to where I want to be. I highlighted a couple of key achievements, since they accentuate my initiative, leadership, teamwork, and ability to make sense of complex things moving at 100 miles per hour.

The last stage was about my recreation and how I spend my time outside of work. I had a hard time answering this question because my interests are diverse. I led with "I like to focus on work, but explore on interests." Some things seemed to connect and we had an enjoyable chat to slightly over the allotted interview time.

My best advice is practice performing under pressure and be steady. I learned to shift my mindset from "convince them" to "share my passion and story." Also have solid stories on how you fit with the Haas defining principles and culture. The defining principles closely match my personal principles, so I just needed examples to demonstrate.

Best of luck & see you at Haas!
Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 18:17
Hi All! When do calls of acceptance typically go out?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 11:26
diverboy1988 wrote:
Hi All! When do calls of acceptance typically go out?

The decision date is listed as February 2 for Round 1. According to the posts from last year, it looks like some people got a call the day before. In that case I would assume February 1 at the earliest, but at least by February 2. About 2 weeks to go for Round 1 folks.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 20:09
I still haven't got interview invite, does that mean there is no chance? :cry:
I submitted the application on 11/08/2017, but just sent the official transcript on 1/18/2018. Will official transcript affect the interview invite?
Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 20:15
I just got my invite on 1/5, so I wouldn’t say completely.

Have you called or emailed the program?

Also have you submitted unofficial transcripts?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 20:47
I did send unofficial transcripts, the program said the unofficial transcripts are ok for initial review. But official ones are required for recommended admission into the program. I don't know what does it mean though, does recommended admission mean interview invite or final decision?

You got invite on Jan 5th, when was you interviewed?
Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 20:52
Where do you see it say recommended admission?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 21:02
The email conversation from admission officer
Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 01:32
That sounds like very good news. Good luck! (Maybe just check with admissions to see you're on track)
Haas EWMBA Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 01:29
In addition to Haas, have any of you applied to other programs?

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.96

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 22:20
Hello all! I recently applied to Haas EWMBA for R2 and awaiting a response. Any R2 applicants here who have received an interview request ?
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 22:23
mbaprospect8805 wrote:
Hello all! I recently applied to Haas EWMBA for R2 and awaiting a response. Any R2 applicants here who have received an interview request ?

Nothing from R2 applicants so far. Keep track of Berkeley Decision Tracker for latest updates on interview invites... https://gmatclub.com/forum/haas-195/app-tracker.html

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2018, 22:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 223 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap