Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 05:53 It is currently 03 May 2024, 05:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 790 Q51 V50
GPA: 3.65
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
jidadex wrote:
Applied to Harvard MBA - Can anyone advise of my chances of getting in or being shortlisted for interview.

GMAT 550 Q (56%) V (49%)
8 yrs WE in Risk Management & Investment Analysis (Inv Banks in Africa), & Consulting (KPMG)
Honors - Dean Scholarship, Best Maths Student in High School, Corporate Finance Prize in UG,
Leadership - Started an NGO, Youth Outreach Leader, Rotaract Club Head, Soccer Team Captain
Career Goals - To launch a VC fund and start a social enterprise in Africa focused on small scale alternative energy ventures
GPA - BSc Accounting from Nigeria - 3.79/5, Chartered Accountant, Partly CFA & FRM qualified

Tough on this one but to be honest, HBS sounds like a major stretch. GMAT is a major low plus no gold plated job, which HBS seems to be obsessed about unless one can prove an extraordinary story/connections. Happy to be proven wrong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey HBS Applicants,

I did the dumb thing of submitting my HBS application in R2 knowing very well that my GRE score is not anywhere near great...

I wanted to find out if it's possible to contact admissions asking them to withdraw my application from R2 and move it to R3 (possibly paying another application fee??? has this been done before)? I know right...another dumb move!! :shock:

Kindly need advice..THANKS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 550 Q42 V27
GPA: 3.05
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
whats your gre score?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I just found out this post. I am a round 2 applicant for 2+2 program.

Does anyone know if the interview invitations for 2+2 will be coming on the last day (a.k.a 4 February) like in last round?

Thanks and good luck to you all guys.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jidadex wrote:
whats your gre score?

AW=4.0
Quant= 164
Verbal= 152
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Sloan '18 (M)
Send PM
I am in the same boat. Is it even possible to defer your application to round 3?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bulldurham wrote:
I am in the same boat. Is it even possible to defer your application to round 3?

I am not sure...anybody out there with some good advice??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: LBS '17 (WL)
Send PM
Has anyone's heart rate gone up this week? in advance of the 28th....?

Think they'll post it by noon, Boston time? Would people also be notified of rejections on that date?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V46
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
humboldt wrote:

Think they'll post it by noon, Boston time? Would people also be notified of rejections on that date?

Heart rate definitely up.

I've been doing some reading. Historically, they tend to send out the invites at or just around noon, Boston time.

You won't be notified of a rejection on that date (again, based on what I have read). You will be notified of that on February 4, when the second round of invites go out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [3]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GRE 1: Q161 V170
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
I know it's a really hard week. I about lost my mind the few days before the invite and final decision.

Here's how it went for Round 1:

Nobody found out anything early. Of course, I checked my email and app status all the time for no reason.

Interview invites "went live" at 1200 Boston time on Wednesday. Don't freak out if you don't get one right away. They take sometime to all go out and fly through the giant tubes of the internet. Do NOT freak about if you are Barry Berstein and Cassandra Callaway gets an invite. It's not alphabetical, sorted by height, or national status. Somebody with a higher Quant score than me can figure it out, I gave up.

I got my invite at 1204. It was a long 4 minutes. Some folks got theirs at 1220 or later. I don't know when the last one went out. Don't give up right away. There were a lot of people saying "it's over" right before they got an invite.

I did not see my application status page update before I got the email. That happens for the decision, but the invite for an interview is all email.

Aside from the 2+2 folks, I don't know many people who got good news on the second round of invites. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
hefetus wrote:
humboldt wrote:

I've been doing some reading. Historically, they tend to send out the invites at or just around noon, Boston time.

You won't be notified of a rejection on that date (again, based on what I have read). You will be notified of that on February 4, when the second round of invites go out.

A huge blizzard is coming to Boston- tonight through Wednesday. 2-3 feet of snow expected. I wonder if this will impact interview invites...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
eesh23 wrote:
hefetus wrote:
humboldt wrote:

A huge blizzard is coming to Boston- tonight through Wednesday. 2-3 feet of snow expected. I wonder if this will impact interview invites...

pray that it does not... the wait will otherwise kill us
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: SNOW!!
Greetings from Boston. Definitely the topic of the day is SNOW and everyone here is busy making Plan A, Plan B, Plan C, etc. depending on the strength and length of the storm.

Yes, we know that we are scheduled to send out Round 2 interview invitations on Wednesday. We have every reason to believe that will happen on schedule. If we need to delay, we will let you know via this blog, a general announcement on the admissions website, and also with a voicemail recording on our general phone line.

Here is some GENERAL (non-storm related) information about Round 2 interview invitations:

• Our planned timing is noon, Boston time on Wednesday.
  • Lots of detail in the invitation about scheduling, dates, etc.
  • The online interview scheduler goes live the day AFTER interview invitations go out (that gives you time to think about dates/times/locations).
  • Two waves of invitations: The first one is Wednesday, January 28; the other is Wednesday, February 4. On February 4, we will also send release notifications to all Round 2 candidates not being invited to interview.
  • How many in each wave? We really don't know yet and that's because we're not actually finished with reading the written applications. So best guess might be 600 in the first wave and 200 in the second. I've said this before, but please don't speculate or develop theories or algorithms about first vs. second. It doesn't work that way. And it has nothing to do with when you submitted, where you live, or the first letter of your last name.
  • ALL 2+2 INVITATIONS WILL BE SENT ON FEBRUARY 4!!! That means none on January 28.

Back to the snow. Still too early to tell, but the Admissions Office may need to be closed tomorrow, January 27 if the snow is severe and travel to and from work is prohibitive. We plan to manage the general email box - admissions@hbs.edu - remotely. And watch the admissions website and this page for updates.

Most important...if you're in the reach of this snowstorm, stay safe and warm and take care of those around you. And say thanks to all the workers out there who will be doing so much.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: LBS '17 (WL)
Send PM