It is currently 17 Feb 2018, 19:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 02:11
YulSob wrote:
Hey guys!
Who's been admitted for September 2016 intake?
Do you want to create a common thread or something?
Looking forward to meet my new classmates:)
Cheers,
Yuliya

There is a whatsapp group and an unofficial FB page for Sep'16 intake, if you are not already part of it. Don't think any thread for admitted students is here on GmatClub
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: HEC Dec '17 (A)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 02:14
Didn't know that, thanks a lot ananddas1984!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 02:24
Sorry to bother, ananddas1984, could you please tell what's the exact name of FB page and how could I join whatsup group?
Thanks!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 02:30
YulSob wrote:
Sorry to bother, ananddas1984, could you please tell what's the exact name of FB page and how could I join whatsup group?
Thanks!

Yulia, I have asked admin of respective groups to connect with you and add you to group!i will send you FB link as a PM...
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 02:33
Super! Huge thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 13:53
ananddas1984 wrote:
YulSob wrote:
Thanks!

Yulia, I have asked admin of respective groups to connect with you and add you to group!i will send you FB link as a PM...

Hello Guys, could you also include me in the FB group and whatsapp? thank you :))
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 04:36
Flo17 wrote:
ananddas1984 wrote:
YulSob wrote:
Thanks!

Hello Guys, could you also include me in the FB group and whatsapp? thank you :))

Hi Flo,

I hope somebody has added you already, if not please PM me your whatsapp number and below is the link for facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1059252004094653/

Regards

Ameer Khatri | MBA Admissions Consultant

https://ameerkhatri.com/

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 06:21
Hi Everyone,

For all those who get admitted to the HEC sept. 2016 intake an official facebook group has been created.
Please follow the below link to join the same.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1066593 ... =bookmarks

The group mentioned in my previous message was an unofficial group which would be closed going forward. I request everyone to join the official group for Sept'16 intake once you have received your admit call. This would help all of us co-ordinate better with regards to queries.

Also we have a whatsapp group for the intake, please PM me or any of the other admins your whatsapp number, so that we can add you to the group.

Regards

HEC Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 01:46
Hi everyone,

I just received an admit for the Jan Intake. Feels good. However I have some questions that i'd like to post directly to students studying in the program right now or recent pass outs. The huge lead time I have can help me with my course further ahead.

1) How do students generally attain the jobs? Are there job fairs and recruitment drives that happen on campus?
2) How do students fix up a fieldwork project? Is there a portal where you can apply to? Or do you network and achieve one?
3) How many of the fieldwork projects convert to full time jobs?

I couldn't get a perfect answer for these questions before and I guess its imperative to know about them early on. If nobody relevant is present here, can anybody direct me to a place where I can interact with student of the HEC MBA program?
HEC Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 01:46
Hi everyone,

I just received an admit for the Jan Intake. Feels good. However I have some questions that i'd like to post directly to students studying in the program right now or recent pass outs. The huge lead time I have can help me with my course further ahead.

1) How do students generally attain the jobs? Are there job fairs and recruitment drives that happen on campus?
2) How do students fix up a fieldwork project? Is there a portal where you can apply to? Or do you network and achieve one?

I couldn't get a perfect answer for these questions before and I guess its imperative to know about them early on. If nobody relevant is present here, can anybody direct me to a place where I can interact with student of the HEC MBA program?
HEC Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 02:24
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
Hi everyone,

Reposting as I haven't received any response. I've been trying to gather more information about the MBA Program at HEC Paris. It would be of great use if someone can help me get in touch with current studying. I've written to many of them in Linkedin but haven't received any response yet. I would be glad if anybody can help me out here.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 02:29
I think it'll be best if you get in touch with your development manager or admission office contact as they'll directly put you in touch with current students plus answer most of your queries.
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
Hi everyone,

Reposting as I haven't received any response. I've been trying to gather more information about the MBA Program at HEC Paris. It would be of great use if someone can help me get in touch with current studying. I've written to many of them in Linkedin but haven't received any response yet. I would be glad if anybody can help me out here.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 05:30
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi Nhikil. First of all congrats on your admit call. Sorry for late reply as well. As you know we have a whatsapp group for sept 16 admits which is now upto 30 people and we have had a lot of long discussion on the placement scenario. So from all the research and the discussion whatever i have gathered i will try to post it down here. Hope everyone find it usefull.

1) Regarding placements: the placement procedure in HEC is different from what most of the Indian applicants expect. IIM's and ISB manage to place a batch of 500 students within 2 days of placement drive or job fairs. it is little different in HEC. Yes HEC orgsnizes a job fair, plus clubs organizes events as well like the fintech job fair organized by the finance club last year. But the number of companies that visit such events are small. Hence only a small percentage of people get placed thru such fairs. The easiest way to get a job is by converting your internship into a full time offer. last year 20% offers were direct results of internship. If you do not manage to do that, than as one of my interviewer suggested, be mentally prepared to look for a job for 7-8 months. September intake is available for placement after the following September. Apart from job fairs and internships, HEC have a separate website for alumni's to which you will get access once you are on campus. Alumni's keep posting job on the portal, this is where you can get jobs via the alumni network and CMC (Career management centre) also have a portal of its own for job listing. So in total, interships, job fairs, CMC portal and Alumni portal are your biggest source which account upto 70-75% of placement. After that you are on your own. Previous employers, family business, startup etc etc are your best options.

2) Regarding fieldwork project my interviewer told me that he got an invite to join a fieldwork project from his Marketing class professor. And that's how i suppose you get most of the fieldwork projects. If you are smart enough then offcourse you can fix up your own project but i suppose since a fieldwork project is a long and paid study i think companies are much more comfortable with a professor leading and overseeing a project. So your network and reputation with your professors and alumni are utmost important for getting a fieldwork project. I am not aware of any dedicated portal, but since CMC have a portal for job and internship anyway, I think that's where all the fieldwork projects should also be listed. Not exactly sure though, please check.

3) No idea regarding this. But i am pretty sure very few gets converted since there is no mention of this in the placement report. They only mention about internship conversions.

One thing is sure, there is no single way to get a job or an internship or a fieldwork project. there are multiple venues and you need to give it your best to achieve. As mentioned in the placement report on 90% get a job that too after 3 months from graduation. So you need to keep hustling even after getting in. There is no spoon feeding here. Don't rely on one source to get u placed. KEEP CALM AND KEEP HUSTLING

Please feel free to get in touch if you want to discuss more. All this is what i was able to gather so far, please feel free to add or edit to what I have written above.

Regards

HEC Thread Master
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 23:04
Ameerkhatri6167 wrote:
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi Nhikil. First of all congrats on your admit call. Sorry for late reply as well. As you know we have a whatsapp group for sept 16 admits which is now upto 30 people and we have had a lot of long discussion on the placement scenario. So from all the research and the discussion whatever i have gathered i will try to post it down here. Hope everyone find it usefull.

1) Regarding placements: the placement procedure in HEC is different from what most of the Indian applicants expect. IIM's and ISB manage to place a batch of 500 students within 2 days of placement drive or job fairs. it is little different in HEC. Yes HEC orgsnizes a job fair, plus clubs organizes events as well like the fintech job fair organized by the finance club last year. But the number of companies that visit such events are small. Hence only a small percentage of people get placed thru such fairs. The easiest way to get a job is by converting your internship into a full time offer. last year 20% offers were direct results of internship. If you do not manage to do that, than as one of my interviewer suggested, be mentally prepared to look for a job for 7-8 months. September intake is available for placement after the following September. Apart from job fairs and internships, HEC have a separate website for alumni's to which you will get access once you are on campus. Alumni's keep posting job on the portal, this is where you can get jobs via the alumni network and CMC (Career management centre) also have a portal of its own for job listing. So in total, interships, job fairs, CMC portal and Alumni portal are your biggest source which account upto 70-75% of placement. After that you are on your own. Previous employers, family business, startup etc etc are your best options.

2) Regarding fieldwork project my interviewer told me that he got an invite to join a fieldwork project from his Marketing class professor. And that's how i suppose you get most of the fieldwork projects. If you are smart enough then offcourse you can fix up your own project but i suppose since a fieldwork project is a long and paid study i think companies are much more comfortable with a professor leading and overseeing a project. So your network and reputation with your professors and alumni are utmost important for getting a fieldwork project. I am not aware of any dedicated portal, but since CMC have a portal for job and internship anyway, I think that's where all the fieldwork projects should also be listed. Not exactly sure though, please check.

3) No idea regarding this. But i am pretty sure very few gets converted since there is no mention of this in the placement report. They only mention about internship conversions.

One thing is sure, there is no single way to get a job or an internship or a fieldwork project. there are multiple venues and you need to give it your best to achieve. As mentioned in the placement report on 90% get a job that too after 3 months from graduation. So you need to keep hustling even after getting in. There is no spoon feeding here. Don't rely on one source to get u placed. KEEP CALM AND KEEP HUSTLING

Please feel free to get in touch if you want to discuss more. All this is what i was able to gather so far, please feel free to add or edit to what I have written above.

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. I had some more doubts about placements, while I have some information myself i'd like to know more (or different).
1) What is the scenario for McKinsey/BCG/Bain placements in Middle East, Asia (Singapore) and India for graduating students from HEC MBA program? Is the alumni network in these organizations strong for these regions?
2) What is the scenario for product management/marketing/strategy placements in the same regions?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Message From The MBA Dean [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 01:00
This post received
KUDOS
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Message From The MBA Dean
Andrea Masini, HEC Paris MBA Associate Dean

HEC Paris is Europe’s premier business school. With more alumni in CEO positions than any other continental business school, it is the alma mater of CEOs in Europe. The CEOs of L’Oreal, Kering, Lafarge, AXA and the Executive Vice President of Havas Worldwide, to name but a few, hail from HEC Paris. Our MBA students are at the forefront of business innovation, acting as ‘connectors’ for international businesses and implementing their global strategy locally around the globe. Our MBA student body, which is composed of over 200 high-potential participants from over 40 nationalities is a true testament to this international focus.

As a testament of its quality, the HEC Paris MBA recently broke into the top fifteen MBA programs worldwide in the 2016 Financial Times Global MBA Rankings, while maintaining its number 1 place in Europe in The Economist full time MBA ranking. We aim to continue this journey and to further elevate the program by leveraging its core strengths: academic excellence, a talented and extremely diverse student body, personalized service with a hands-on approach to leadership, a forward-looking mindset, and an optimal program length.

With a duration of 16 months, the HEC Paris MBA is shorter than many MBA programs, yet long enough to ensure that participants willing to switch careers are able to acquire the necessary skills to excel in a new field. Tomorrow’s global leaders not only need solid fundamentals in multiple disciplines. They also need to be able to develop a vision, sharpen their intuition, challenge conventional wisdom, and master communication skills. To develop those qualities, HEC Paris MBA participants receive the best possible training and benefit from extensive access to faculty, a personalised approach towards tutoring and mentoring, as well as exposure to real projects in the fields they have chosen. These activities are deployed during an intensive program in which 8 months are dedicated to fundamental courses, 4 months to elective courses or fieldwork projects and 4 months to specialized courses in a specific domain (strategy, marketing, finance, advanced management or entrepreneurship). The resulting 16-month program is a true transformational experience. It is also the best compromise between two needs: the need to maximize the return on investment, and the need to prove recruiters that candidates are high potentials who master all the fundamentals of management while at the same time possessing advanced competencies in the selected industries they target.

These strengths are well reflected by the recruitment opportunities offered by the HEC Paris MBA. Supported by a Career Management Centre, 90% of the participants find a job within three months after graduation, with Amazon, Goldman Sachs and L’Oréal being amongst the top MBA recruiter for the program.

In short, by capitalizing on these key strengths, we give participants the time and attention that they deserve and we equip them with the skills that they need to become responsible leaders, reflecting our conviction that the more you know, the more you dare.

The post Message From The MBA Dean appeared first on HEC MBA Blog.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 12:21
Hi everyone,

I was accepted into the school today :-D . I'm super stoked! I was wondering if you could add me to the Whatsapp group. Who should I PM my phone number?

regards,
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 17:54
Check PM

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 18:22
Hey guys I've been accepted into hec as well wanted to get to know the cohort better, do let me know if there's a WhatsApp/Google group that might be there

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2016, 21:09
Hi

Please add me to the watsapp group. I got my admit yesterday.

My number is +91 9916823909

Thanks
Karan
Manager
Manager
Leadership in action: Saint Cyr 2016 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 07:00
FROM HEC Paris Admissions Blog: Leadership in action: Saint Cyr 2016
Earlier this month, as part of HEC Paris MBA’s leadership in action and learning by doing focus, the entire MBA class (both full-time and part-time) took part in the annual 2-day off campus leadership seminar at the elite Saint-Cyr Military Academy in Brittany.

Students were challenged both mentally and physically through a series of individual and team activities, under the supervision of French officers. Some of these officers were current MBA students like Christophe De Ligniville from our September ’15 intake. “My biggest objective was to help each of my peers identify key factors of efficient leadership and in the same time realizing how they could enjoy from leading a team,” said Christophe.

For the various activities, which ranged from building rafts and bridges to scaling walls, solving crisis scenarios and getting an injured person to safety, students took turns being the team leader for the activities.  “Two exercises were undoubtedly my highlights of the seminar: the X-bridge and the zip line. With the X-bridge exercise, I realized how good ideas cannot succeed without good communication and with the zipline, I learned that sometimes reflection has to follow action,” reflected Teles N’Guessan, one of the MBA participants.

HEC Paris MBA Dean, Andrea Masini, got involved as well!

The tasks were designed to  take students out of their comfort zones, allowing them to put their problem solving capabilities to the test, in a unique and different environment from the classroom. “Working as a team (#team8thebest) in a non-academic atmosphere was challenging and rewarding. We all worked at choosing a leader, coordinating efforts and following instructions. In an MBA classroom, we discuss a lot to find answers but in Saint-Cyr, it was more about learning to trust peers’ directives and to find adequate solutions,” said Teles N’Guessan.

For more pictures from the seminar, visit the HEC Paris MBA Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hecparismba.

The post Leadership in action: Saint Cyr 2016 appeared first on HEC MBA Blog.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Leadership in action: Saint Cyr 2016   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2016, 07:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 146 posts ] 

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap