GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 02:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 22:29
Ameerkhatri6167 wrote:
himanshu1387 wrote:
Ameerkhatri6167 wrote:
Has Anyone got any reply from HEC for the 05 Feb deadline ? Isn't today supposed to be the last day..i.e.. 2 weeks before the final deadline ?

Hey,
What kind of reply are you talking about?
I think next deadline for 2016 intake is 1st Feb



Hi, I am asking from the people who applied on 1st Jan Deadline. For them the final results are due on 05th Feb. This thread is so silent. I barely get any replies. I am wondering is nobody applying to HEC or what.


Hi Ameer,
I guess you would have got your Pre Selection result by now, even if u haven't it should be out soon. As far as people applying are concerned there are decent number of people in the informal whatsapp group for the Sept intake. Rest we'll know once an official FB group is made by HEC representatives.
All the best for your results.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Kuwait
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 00:37
Ameerkhatri6167 wrote:
himanshu1387 wrote:
Ameerkhatri6167 wrote:
Has Anyone got any reply from HEC for the 05 Feb deadline ? Isn't today supposed to be the last day..i.e.. 2 weeks before the final deadline ?

Hey,
What kind of reply are you talking about?
I think next deadline for 2016 intake is 1st Feb



Hi, I am asking from the people who applied on 1st Jan Deadline. For them the final results are due on 05th Feb. This thread is so silent. I barely get any replies. I am wondering is nobody applying to HEC or what.



Hi Ameer
I just got my pre-selection intimation day before yesterday. Given that 2 interviews need to be completed, 5th Feb doesn't seem practically possible to meet; the admission team mentioned that the decision would simply be shifted to 4th March in case of a delay.

Considering that they seem to be somewhat flexible on dates, I recommend that you write in to your admissions team contact person to check the status of your app without assuming anything.
_________________

Completing MBA applications is like fighting a pissed off hydra on steroids, lop off one head and two more just take their place

Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 19 Aug 2015
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 00:52
Quote:
Hi Ameer,
I guess you would have got your Pre Selection result by now, even if u haven't it should be out soon. As far as people applying are concerned there are decent number of people in the informal whatsapp group for the Sept intake. Rest we'll know once an official FB group is made by HEC representatives.
All the best for your results.


Hi Avinash, Can I be added to the Unoffical whatsapp group? +66818434786
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jun 2015
Posts: 28
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 03:23
avinashpandey wrote:
Ameerkhatri6167 wrote:


Hi, I am asking from the people who applied on 1st Jan Deadline. For them the final results are due on 05th Feb. This thread is so silent. I barely get any replies. I am wondering is nobody applying to HEC or what.


Hi Ameer,
I guess you would have got your Pre Selection result by now, even if u haven't it should be out soon. As far as people applying are concerned there are decent number of people in the informal whatsapp group for the Sept intake. Rest we'll know once an official FB group is made by HEC representatives.
All the best for your results.



Hi Avinash,

I just got my pre-selection result literally 30 minutes ago. Thanks for your reply. Can you please add me to the informal whatsapp group. My number is +47-40571786. I guess i would need a lot of help for the interviews and the group can be really helpfull. so please do add me at the earliest.
_________________

Regards

Ameer Khatri | MBA Admissions Consultant

https://ameerkhatri.com/

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jun 2015
Posts: 28
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 03:26
itsaizy wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ameer,
I guess you would have got your Pre Selection result by now, even if u haven't it should be out soon. As far as people applying are concerned there are decent number of people in the informal whatsapp group for the Sept intake. Rest we'll know once an official FB group is made by HEC representatives.
All the best for your results.


Hi Avinash, Can I be added to the Unoffical whatsapp group? +66818434786


Hi itsaizy,

I have been pre-selected, if avinash adds you to the group please add me as well @ +47-40571786.
I would be having my interviews next week. if you want please feel free to reach out so that we can exchange some pointers before the interview. i dont know what your application status is, but if pre-selected i would be happy to discuss.
_________________

Regards

Ameer Khatri | MBA Admissions Consultant

https://ameerkhatri.com/

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 07:28
Ameerkhatri6167 wrote:
itsaizy wrote:
Quote:
Hi Ameer,
I guess you would have got your Pre Selection result by now, even if u haven't it should be out soon. As far as people applying are concerned there are decent number of people in the informal whatsapp group for the Sept intake. Rest we'll know once an official FB group is made by HEC representatives.
All the best for your results.


Hi Avinash, Can I be added to the Unoffical whatsapp group? +66818434786


Hi itsaizy,

I have been pre-selected, if avinash adds you to the group please add me as well @ +47-40571786.
I would be having my interviews next week. if you want please feel free to reach out so that we can exchange some pointers before the interview. i dont know what your application status is, but if pre-selected i would be happy to discuss.

Ameer the group is of already selected and matriculating people.. my no. Is in ur inbox, would be happy to help
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Kuwait
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 04:42
Hey all,

I just completed both my interviews and I'd thought i'd provide a brief overview of the whole process for the benefit of those interviewing in the coming weeks:

To begin with, both my interviews were on skype. This may seem a little off as HEC prefers to usually conduct at least one F2F interview, perhaps the timing and the fact that my result deadline was barely 10 days away prompted admissions team to nominate interviewers who would rely on skype. I was certainly grateful as the nearest country I would have to travel would have been UAE or India and tickets are not cheap this time of the year.
After scheduling interviews with both interviewers i settled down to prepare my presentation (11 slides, all inclusive) and proceeded to share it with the interviewers via mail.

Interview I:
After brief introductions, I opened with my presto and dove straight in as I knew that my topic of choice was rather complex and was on a subject that would invite plenty of questions.
4-5 slides in (7 minutes I guess?), she interrupted with me with a few questions on the subject and the discussion soon segued into general questions. 2 questions in, she asked me to put away the presentation and I knew that the interview and begun in earnest. Questions:
Why MBA?
Why HEC?
What are your post-MBA plans and goals?
How do you think HEC will help you get into the field you want to enter?
What is your level of competency in French?
Are you willing to learn the language, and how soon can you accomplish this?

Post-this the interview turned into a back and forth conversation about alumni, networking and HEC's courses and employment.

Keeping with HEC tradition, she seemed very friendly and open; often providing her candid opinions on the school's positives and negatives and even graciously offering me assistance in the future. Overall, the interview was extremely casual and at no time did the interviewer really proceed with intent to put me on the spot. The session lasted exactly 50 minutes.

Interview II:
This one had to be scheduled in the evening on a Sunday (which is a working day in the region!) due to the inherent time crunch and my exhaustion after an entire day's work may have shown and I powered through on sheer adrenaline. I recommend that you pick more suitable times when your mind functions optimally.

Though I had reservations, this interviewer was friendly and understanding. He remained patient even through net connection related annoyances but his questions were probing and he was constantly looking to evaluate me through my responses at every juncture.
Again, I kicked-off with the presentation (this time using a screen-share) and almost 30 minutes had passed by the time I reached my final slide! Of course, this could be attributed to the umpteen questions and discussions that we had in between on both the subject and other related issues during the course of the presentation.

On completion, we shifted back to the face to face view and the questions began:
Why MBA?
Why HEC?
What are your post-MBA plans and goals?
Why did you choose this particular industry?
What makes you think you would able to fit into this industry, considering that it is not entirely related to your background?
Many Asian students do not find employment in France or Europe; assuming this happens you, what is you backup plan?
At this point, we segued into a discussion on networking and the various techniques students use to link up with alumni; then back to the questions:
What impact do you think the internet has had on networking and connecting to people? {slightly tricky considering that I'm not from a tech background and wasn't expecting this}
Why do you think that online platforms are less effective? {based on my response to the previous question}
Here again, we segued into a debate with regard to networking and the importance of the internet.
I was then invited to ask any questions if I so wished. I posed a few queries on the particular subjects that would be in the curriculum and what an average day looked like in the life of a student.

Overall, this was more of an engaging conversation than an interview and my nervousness really was not warranted. As with every other HEC alumnus I had spoken to previously, he too was warm and friendly rather than intimidating or annoyed.

My final results are due on the 5th of February, 2016 and I await them with bated breath. I'll be sure to share the results here whether positive or not. Until then, I'll try not to stare at the clock so hard, willing the minutes and hours to fly past more quickly then they should.

Good-luck with your interviews ladies and gents!!
_________________

Completing MBA applications is like fighting a pissed off hydra on steroids, lop off one head and two more just take their place

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 23:11
varunchand wrote:
Hey all,

I just completed both my interviews and I'd thought i'd provide a brief overview of the whole process for the benefit of those interviewing in the coming weeks:

To begin with, both my interviews were on skype. This may seem a little off as HEC prefers to usually conduct at least one F2F interview, perhaps the timing and the fact that my result deadline was barely 10 days away prompted admissions team to nominate interviewers who would rely on skype. I was certainly grateful as the nearest country I would have to travel would have been UAE or India and tickets are not cheap this time of the year.
After scheduling interviews with both interviewers i settled down to prepare my presentation (11 slides, all inclusive) and proceeded to share it with the interviewers via mail.

Interview I:
After brief introductions, I opened with my presto and dove straight in as I knew that my topic of choice was rather complex and was on a subject that would invite plenty of questions.
4-5 slides in (7 minutes I guess?), she interrupted with me with a few questions on the subject and the discussion soon segued into general questions. 2 questions in, she asked me to put away the presentation and I knew that the interview and begun in earnest. Questions:
Why MBA?
Why HEC?
What are your post-MBA plans and goals?
How do you think HEC will help you get into the field you want to enter?
What is your level of competency in French?
Are you willing to learn the language, and how soon can you accomplish this?

Post-this the interview turned into a back and forth conversation about alumni, networking and HEC's courses and employment.

Keeping with HEC tradition, she seemed very friendly and open; often providing her candid opinions on the school's positives and negatives and even graciously offering me assistance in the future. Overall, the interview was extremely casual and at no time did the interviewer really proceed with intent to put me on the spot. The session lasted exactly 50 minutes.

Interview II:
This one had to be scheduled in the evening on a Sunday (which is a working day in the region!) due to the inherent time crunch and my exhaustion after an entire day's work may have shown and I powered through on sheer adrenaline. I recommend that you pick more suitable times when your mind functions optimally.

Though I had reservations, this interviewer was friendly and understanding. He remained patient even through net connection related annoyances but his questions were probing and he was constantly looking to evaluate me through my responses at every juncture.
Again, I kicked-off with the presentation (this time using a screen-share) and almost 30 minutes had passed by the time I reached my final slide! Of course, this could be attributed to the umpteen questions and discussions that we had in between on both the subject and other related issues during the course of the presentation.

On completion, we shifted back to the face to face view and the questions began:
Why MBA?
Why HEC?
What are your post-MBA plans and goals?
Why did you choose this particular industry?
What makes you think you would able to fit into this industry, considering that it is not entirely related to your background?
Many Asian students do not find employment in France or Europe; assuming this happens you, what is you backup plan?
At this point, we segued into a discussion on networking and the various techniques students use to link up with alumni; then back to the questions:
What impact do you think the internet has had on networking and connecting to people? {slightly tricky considering that I'm not from a tech background and wasn't expecting this}
Why do you think that online platforms are less effective? {based on my response to the previous question}
Here again, we segued into a debate with regard to networking and the importance of the internet.
I was then invited to ask any questions if I so wished. I posed a few queries on the particular subjects that would be in the curriculum and what an average day looked like in the life of a student.

Overall, this was more of an engaging conversation than an interview and my nervousness really was not warranted. As with every other HEC alumnus I had spoken to previously, he too was warm and friendly rather than intimidating or annoyed.

My final results are due on the 5th of February, 2016 and I await them with bated breath. I'll be sure to share the results here whether positive or not. Until then, I'll try not to stare at the clock so hard, willing the minutes and hours to fly past more quickly then they should.

Good-luck with your interviews ladies and gents!!

All the best
HEC Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 90
Location: Malawi
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 03:11
Hi,

I just submitted my application to the HEC MBA program for the Jan 2017 intake in the R2 deadline. Wanted to know a couple of things- a) Is there anybody else applying for the Jan 2017 intake? b) Are the applications for September and January intakes evaluated together?
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 19 Aug 2015
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 10:32
Hi guys

I am eagerly awaiting for the 05th Feb results.

I submitted my application on 12th Dec 2015 and I got my pre-selection decision on 23rd Jan. I gave my first interview on 25th Jan in Bangkok with an alumni and the second interview was on Skype on 28th Jan with an alumni based out of Sydney. Both went really well and got positive feedbacks from them. Interview was more of a conversation than otherwise. Really enjoyed talking to them and they were flexible to ask anything. I now, wait for the 5th Feb AdCom meeting and the results.

Fingers crossed.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2013
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 10:02
itsaizy wrote:
Hi guys

I am eagerly awaiting for the 05th Feb results.

I submitted my application on 12th Dec 2015 and I got my pre-selection decision on 23rd Jan. I gave my first interview on 25th Jan in Bangkok with an alumni and the second interview was on Skype on 28th Jan with an alumni based out of Sydney. Both went really well and got positive feedbacks from them. Interview was more of a conversation than otherwise. Really enjoyed talking to them and they were flexible to ask anything. I now, wait for the 5th Feb AdCom meeting and the results.

Fingers crossed.


Just got a call from admissions committee! I'm in.... :o :-D :lol:
HEC Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 90
Location: Malawi
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 14:29
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
Hi,

I just submitted my application to the HEC MBA program for the Jan 2017 intake in the R2 deadline. Wanted to know a couple of things- a) Is there anybody else applying for the Jan 2017 intake? b) Are the applications for September and January intakes evaluated together?


Reposting this as I did not receive any response. Can someone please clarify these doubts?
Congratulations to all who got in! :D
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2016
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 21:52
Got a call yest night from admissions --- Have been admitted for Sep 2016 intake .. Indian Applicant.
Congrats to all others who have been selected. Cheers. :-)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jun 2015
Posts: 28
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 01:12
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
nikhil.jones.s wrote:
Hi,

I just submitted my application to the HEC MBA program for the Jan 2017 intake in the R2 deadline. Wanted to know a couple of things- a) Is there anybody else applying for the Jan 2017 intake? b) Are the applications for September and January intakes evaluated together?


Reposting this as I did not receive any response. Can someone please clarify these doubts?
Congratulations to all who got in! :D


Hi Nikhil,

I can tell you that applications are evaluated Separately but there is separate seat allotments for each batch and each desired specification. So application being evaluated together should not be an issue.

As for applying to Jan 2017 intake, please follow the respective group. This is September intake so you won't get any replies in here. there is a thread for Jan intakes as well or you can start one.
_________________

Regards

Ameer Khatri | MBA Admissions Consultant

https://ameerkhatri.com/

Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 19 Aug 2015
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 05:43
Got dinged by HEC today. my both interviews went excellent and one of the interviewer even told me that she will recommend me for admission. I really dont understand. I was so confident to get thru. Dejected
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 7
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: HEC Dec '17 (A)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 11:37
Good luck to the folks who just got it!! Welcome on-board...

Cheers
G
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 23:16
TSR wrote:
Got a call yest night from admissions --- Have been admitted for Sep 2016 intake .. Indian Applicant.
Congrats to all others who have been selected. Cheers. :-)

Congratulations to all those who got in
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Posts: 2
Schools: HEC Dec '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 14:23
Hello everyone, has anyone applied to the new MBA-MIF program? I was wondering if you heard back from admissions after the R2 deadline. It's been a month and I haven't heard anything yet. On the website they said it would take around 3 weeks.

regards,
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 7
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: HEC Dec '17 (A)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 21:17
forestal wrote:
Hello everyone, has anyone applied to the new MBA-MIF program? I was wondering if you heard back from admissions after the R2 deadline. It's been a month and I haven't heard anything yet. On the website they said it would take around 3 weeks.

regards,


Calling them would be a good idea...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2013
Posts: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: HEC Dec '17 (A)
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 03:08
Hey guys!
Who's been admitted for September 2016 intake?
Do you want to create a common thread or something?
Looking forward to meet my new classmates:)
Cheers,
Yuliya
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!! &nbs [#permalink] 10 Feb 2016, 03:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 146 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2016 intake) Class of December 2017!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.