Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q161 V153
WE:Marketing (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
jsamaroo10 Where did you get that 10% placement stat? According to their career placement report 92% of grads had a job within 3 months... If the stat was truly 10% I doubt IE would be ranked as it is right now... It actually just got ranked #4 in their latest report... Europe's situation is getting better, and Spaín's economy has been recovering fast... I am going to IE Sept 2016, I just turned down offers from IESE and ESADE last week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
as1985 wrote:
jsamaroo10 Where did you get that 10% placement stat? According to their career placement report 92% of grads had a job within 3 months... If the stat was truly 10% I doubt IE would be ranked as it is right now... It actually just got ranked #4 in their latest report... Europe's situation is getting better, and Spaín's economy has been recovering fast... I am going to IE Sept 2016, I just turned down offers from IESE and ESADE last week.

Hi

I have spoken to current graduates, and they even agreed with me that the 92% stats are misleading, as the majority of that percentage represents students who have acquired new jobs in their home country, as opposed to abroad. IE is ranked high due to their diversity and learning experience of course, but in terms of job placement in Europe, they are far off.

I was also accepted for the Sep 2016 intake, but the fact that majority of students can't find employment in Europe after grad, just is not worth the investment. Europe now has one of the highest unemployment rates right now in the World and they are still recovering from the recession.

I mean, it is not impossible to achieve a good job abroad after grad, but it is very difficult and given the price tag, it should not be as difficult as it is.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Agreed on the unemployment situation in Europe, but where did you get the 10% stat? There's a huge difference from 10 to 92 and though talking to some people definitely brings some insights I would caution putting stats here without any specific foundation to them.. Especially since you may scare people from applying or attending a particular school.. Just my two cents.. Good luck with everything!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jsamaroo10 wrote:
as1985 wrote:

Hi

I have spoken to current graduates, and they even agreed with me that the 92% stats are misleading, as the majority of that percentage represents students who have acquired new jobs in their home country, as opposed to abroad. IE is ranked high due to their diversity and learning experience of course, but in terms of job placement in Europe, they are far off.

I was also accepted for the Sep 2016 intake, but the fact that majority of students can't find employment in Europe after grad, just is not worth the investment. Europe now has one of the highest unemployment rates right now in the World and they are still recovering from the recession.

I mean, it is not impossible to achieve a good job abroad after grad, but it is very difficult and given the price tag, it should not be as difficult as it is.

I looked up the linkedin profiles of few alums in India & Africa and all of them seemed to have returned to their respective countries. I doubt all of them would have done this out of choice.
How is ESADE's placement compared to IE ? I spoke to an ESADE alum and he told that most of the candidates don't plan & network well in the first year and without an internship opportunity it's very difficult to land a job in Europe.

That's why IESE and ESADE score over IE in terms of placements.

What do you guys have to say ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
as1985 wrote:
Agreed on the unemployment situation in Europe, but where did you get the 10% stat? There's a huge difference from 10 to 92 and though talking to some people definitely brings some insights I would caution putting stats here without any specific foundation to them.. Especially since you may scare people from applying or attending a particular school.. Just my two cents.. Good luck with everything!

I'm not saying that the IE IMBA is useless..It is indeed an excellent programme for learning and professional development, however if you decision to enrol is based highly on your chances to attain a job internationally after the completion of the programme, then it will not be worthwhile for you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys!

I'm also in for Sept 2016 intake.

Can you share your fb details in PM ? Is there a group for our intake ?

Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q39 V46
GPA: 3.66
WE:Brand Management (Health Care)
Send PM
I'd like to get some opinions on IE vs Duke. I have been accepted to IE's September intake as well as Fuqua for 2016 and would like to hear your perspective on which to choose. I am from the US, so I recognize the Duke brand carries a lot of weight here, but I also think that there's value in having an international MBA experience. Living in Madrid and having that sort of transformative experience excites me more than Durham, but ultimately I want to live in the US. I come from healthcare and am primarily interested in entrepreneurship/BD/consulting.

Also of note, Duke and Ie's salary numbers seem to be comparable, while Duke is about 40% more cost than IE. Opinions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Guys...i am quite interested in the IE program, however, i would really like to know my options. I am primarily interested in Finance, though i want to keep my options open...and then there is the issue of funding as well..so how does IE fit in my whole scheme of affairs??
if anyone can guide me in this...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
tyor wrote:
jsamaroo10 wrote:
Got Admitted into the Jan 2016 IMBA IE Business school intake but will defer it till Sep 2016. Applied about 5 weeks ago and got my phone interview 2 weeks ago, acceptance email 1 week ago.
Anyone else in here starting in Sep 2016 ?

We are in the same boat. Got in for Jan intake but I wish to avoid the pressure to get funding and visas, so i opted for Sept 16 intake.

I got in for the September intake 2016, but I really wanted to try to apply to INSEAD for the January 2017 intake. Thing is that IE requires I decide before February 23 and my GMAT test date isn't until February 10th. I don't know what to do. I'm afraid IE doesn't have the recognition that INSEAD does.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I got into the September 2016 intake. We should create a Facebook group if there isn't one already. :-D I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I had my IE Interview with an alum (Face to Face) in the 1st week of December. They hadn't gotten back to me after that so I sent them a mail requesting my application status.
Now I have a Skype Interview next week with someone from Madrid.
Is this a good thing? I had heard that IE usually has only 1 interview for the Admission Process.
Also, if someone has gone through a second interview, can you please give me some pointers/tips.

Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Hello everybody!! :)

I got an interview shortlisting mail today but the date is yet to be decided. It would be very helpful if people who have completed their interviews could share their experience.

Also, are these blind interviews??

Cheers!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh and hearty congratulations to all those who have got their admits :):)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IE Nov'15
Send PM
mbaexpress wrote:
Oh and hearty congratulations to all those who have got their admits :):)

Hey guys,

I am a recent graduate of IE Business School. PM if you have any queries. I am a bit busy these days but will do my best to reply quickly.
Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I accepted my offer from IE for Sept 2016. Who else is in? Send me a message with your facebook or linkedin info and I'll add you...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone!

I have been accepted to IE for the September 2016 Intake. Is there a Facebook group that I can join? Would love to talk to people who have been admitted to IE for September 2016.

Cheers,
Pritesh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys :-D

I had my interview yesterday. Can anybody tell how long the admissions team takes to roll out the final decision?? The wait is already killing me!!! :|
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts