It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 23:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 34

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 08:40
mbaexpress wrote:
Hey guys :-D

I had my interview yesterday. Can anybody tell how long the admissions team takes to roll out the final decision?? The wait is already killing me!!! :|



Hi,

could you share your interview experience?

Good luck!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 34

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 08:41
Hi!

I will have my interview in 2 days. Can someone share interview experiences and help me to prepare?

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2015
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: IE '18
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 12:40
Update -- There is a FB group. It's called September 2016 Intake IE IMBA. Please search it, seek out other students and start making friends with your future classmates :)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 34

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 08:36
Hi guys, how long it took from interview to final decision?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2016, 00:56
Finally, the wait is over! What a relief- I am in :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D for the Dual Degree- IMBA + Master in Advance Finance...


Now the next step- Education Loans- Can anyone suggest bank that provides loan without co-signer for an MBA at IE?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 03:34
ankit1313 congratulations - I also just received my acceptance letter for the september 2016 intake and am thrilled. Did you get any further insight into loans? Also, is there a facebook group for those accepted? I thought there was. Thanks

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 03:55
dmarq wrote:
ankit1313 congratulations - I also just received my acceptance letter for the september 2016 intake and am thrilled. Did you get any further insight into loans? Also, is there a facebook group for those accepted? I thought there was. Thanks



Congrats man!!
1. FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1692947770990474/
2. For Loans- I have written to Financial Aid. They are yet to get back to me!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 04:00
Thanks Ankit - I'm a woman. :P This is great. Have joined the group and will also write to financial aid.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2014
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 09:37
ankit1313 wrote:
dmarq wrote:
ankit1313 congratulations - I also just received my acceptance letter for the september 2016 intake and am thrilled. Did you get any further insight into loans? Also, is there a facebook group for those accepted? I thought there was. Thanks



Congrats man!!
1. FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1692947770990474/
2. For Loans- I have written to Financial Aid. They are yet to get back to me!



Hey!

I have also been accepted to the Sept 2016 intake and have requested to join the group. Can't wait to connect with you'll :D

Thanks
Pritesh

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 34

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 07:58
Hi guys,

For someone aiming consultancy, is it better start at Sept or Jan intake?

I am most concerned about internship opportunities.

Please help me!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: IE (A)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 07:45
Hello everyone! just finished my interview a couple of days ago and waiting for results. The interview was really tough!

Anyone here going for Jan 2017 Intake?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Posts: 191

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Location: Estonia
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 07:57
pepm wrote:
Hello everyone! just finished my interview a couple of days ago and waiting for results. The interview was really tough!

Anyone here going for Jan 2017 Intake?


All the best.
Tell us about your interview. when did you apply? how much GMAT score did you have?
_________________

- Saurabh Prabhakar
MBA@ IE business school. GMAT 690/Q49/V35
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: IE (A)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 08:09
prabhakar09 wrote:
pepm wrote:
Hello everyone! just finished my interview a couple of days ago and waiting for results. The interview was really tough!

Anyone here going for Jan 2017 Intake?


All the best.
Tell us about your interview. when did you apply? how much GMAT score did you have?


Thanks I am anxious to get an answer and start looking for scholarships.

I finished the application on April 18th almost one month after of the IEGAT. Then I received an email telling me that my score was among the top third globally, does not seem really good to me but either way I got an interview call.

About the interview, I felt really comfortable, the interviewer was really friendly but ask me a lot of questions, some were from my professional career and others google interview type questions.

They told me that in 1 to 3 weeks I would get an answer, so now we play the waiting game.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Posts: 191

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Location: Estonia
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 08:19
pepm wrote:
Thanks I am anxious to get an answer and start looking for scholarships.

I finished the application on April 18th almost one month after of the IEGAT. Then I received an email telling me that my score was among the top third globally, does not seem really good to me but either way I got an interview call.

About the interview, I felt really comfortable, the interviewer was really friendly but ask me a lot of questions, some were from my professional career and others google interview type questions.

They told me that in 1 to 3 weeks I would get an answer, so now we play the waiting game.


Nice, top 1/3rd sounds good. when was your interview.
If possible please include some questions.
_________________

- Saurabh Prabhakar
MBA@ IE business school. GMAT 690/Q49/V35
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Posts: 191

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Location: Estonia
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 08:24
pepm wrote:
Hello everyone! just finished my interview a couple of days ago and waiting for results. The interview was really tough!

Anyone here going for Jan 2017 Intake?


Also which Essay's did you pick. and Did you wrote those or did it by some other method.
_________________

- Saurabh Prabhakar
MBA@ IE business school. GMAT 690/Q49/V35
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: IE (A)
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 17:21
I did everything by myself

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: IE '18
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2016, 06:45
pepm wrote:
I did everything by myself


Could you share some of the IE interview questions? It would be very helpful for us. Thanks!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: IE (A)
Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2016, 13:35
shorelineae wrote:
pepm wrote:
I did everything by myself


Could you share some of the IE interview questions? It would be very helpful for us. Thanks!


I got admitted! Now applying for scholarships. The interview was really intense but enjoyable. The questions I can remember:
- Tell me about your academic and professional background
- Why an MBA now?
- What are your weakeness?
- What will you do if you are not admitted?
- Make an advertisement for IE mba
- Sell me an invisible pen
- What do you think are the challenges you will face if you are admitted?

I prepared a lot for this interview, my advise is to be calm and to rehersal, I recorded myself speaking.

Best luck to all applying!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Posts: 191

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Location: Estonia
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2016, 07:54
pepm wrote:
shorelineae wrote:
pepm wrote:
I did everything by myself


Could you share some of the IE interview questions? It would be very helpful for us. Thanks!


I got admitted! Now applying for scholarships. The interview was really intense but enjoyable. The questions I can remember:
- Tell me about your academic and professional background
- Why an MBA now?
- What are your weakeness?
- What will you do if you are not admitted?
- Make an advertisement for IE mba
- Sell me an invisible pen
- What do you think are the challenges you will face if you are admitted?

I prepared a lot for this interview, my advise is to be calm and to rehersal, I recorded myself speaking.

Best luck to all applying!


Hi PepmCongratulations.

How did you prepare for the interview? what were the sources?

Which Scholarships did you apply to?
_________________

- Saurabh Prabhakar
MBA@ IE business school. GMAT 690/Q49/V35
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GRE 1: 326 Q164 V162
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2016, 22:06
Hello Guys,

I was lucky to be accepted into the program. I would like to share my interview experience. It was 50 minutes in Madrid.

- Tell me about your academic and professional background, in general.
- Why an MBA and why now?
- Your immediate goals after the program and the long term ones?
- If you are to choose 10 people to live with you in an isolated island, what professions would you pick?
- what is inflation?
- who is adam smith?
- what is the GDP of your country?
- what is 12*12-10?
- who is the president of China?
- What languages do you speak?
- what is 279/6?
- If you have the chance to meet famous person, dead or alive, who would be that person? and why?
- How will you be financing your study?

I was just myself and straightforward. It turned to be good interview, and have received the offer on Monday.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2016, 22:06

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 87 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.