Last visit was: 06 Oct 2024, 02:20 It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 02:20
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GRE 1: Q163 V162
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GRE 1: Q158 V161
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Re: Calling all IESE MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Same here, got the invitation last minute! Glad I joined
Send PM
Anyone done with interviews yet? If yes, what kinda questions are generally asked ?
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 2.72
Send PM
Abh08
Anyone done with interviews yet? If yes, what kinda questions are generally asked ?
I have not interviewed yet, but I talked with a girl who has, and she shared:
- TMAY
- Typical MBA motivation questions: Why MBA, why now, LT-ST Career Goal
- Employability questions: How did you get your past jobs? How will you prepare for your LT-ST goals?
- TMAT about collaboration / diversity / helping others
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
Send PM
Abh08

Yes I did on Friday.

Questions were :
1. TMAY with key events in life that shaped your personality.
2. Follow up question on few things mentioned in TMAY
3. ST/LT goals. Why MBA? Follow up question on goals.
4. Why IESE?
5. Contribution to IESE?
6. Managing Conflict question.
7. How would your partner define you in 3 words?
8. What would your manager say 2 things about you that requires development/improvement?
9. Which other school applied to and how did you choose schools?
10. Who did you speak to at IESE and what did you learn about IESE that you cannot find in brochures?

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Is it advisable to apply in Round 3 if I also have scholarship in my mind? Or should I wait for Round 1 next year?

Own Kudos [?]: 380 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Avikr99
Is it advisable to apply in Round 3 if I also have scholarship in my mind? Or should I wait for Round 1 next year?

Generally, it's advisable to apply early if you are keen on scholarships. For very strong profiles though, scholarships do get allocated in R3, so if you believe your profile really stands out in some dimension(s), it's worth giving it a shot, else I'd suggest looking at R1
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Karan0912
Yes I did on Friday. Questions were : 1. TMAY with key events in life that shaped your personality. 2. Follow up question on few things mentioned in TMAY 3. ST/LT goals. Why MBA? Follow up question on goals. 4. Why IESE? 5. Contribution to IESE? 6. Managing Conflict question. 7. How would your partner define you in 3 words? 8. What would your manager say 2 things about you that requires development/improvement? 9. Which other school applied to and how did you choose schools? 10. Who did you speak to at IESE and what did you learn about IESE that you cannot find in brochures? Posted from my mobile device
Was this an Adcom person you did the interview with? I think all the interviews are conducted by adcoms, but would just like to confirm once.
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GRE 1: Q163 V162
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Not all interviews are conducted by Adcom members. Mine will be with an alumnus.
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
Send PM
dwall
Karan0912
Yes I did on Friday. Questions were : 1. TMAY with key events in life that shaped your personality. 2. Follow up question on few things mentioned in TMAY 3. ST/LT goals. Why MBA? Follow up question on goals. 4. Why IESE? 5. Contribution to IESE? 6. Managing Conflict question. 7. How would your partner define you in 3 words? 8. What would your manager say 2 things about you that requires development/improvement? 9. Which other school applied to and how did you choose schools? 10. Who did you speak to at IESE and what did you learn about IESE that you cannot find in brochures? Posted from my mobile device
Was this an Adcom person you did the interview with? I think all the interviews are conducted by adcoms, but would just like to confirm once.

It was an alum.
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Karan0912
It was an alum.
Ohh okay.
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Have anyone here interviewed with Tomo? Can you share a debrief? Thank you very much
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone interviewed with Alberto Amoros? Would highly appreciate any inputs and/or debrief
Send PM
Anyone interviewed with ridhi ? Would appreciate some inputs
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone! I’m a member of the class of 2024 from IESE, and I’m about to graduate in May. Happy to share some insights if you have any particular questions about the school.
Own Kudos [?]: 380 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM

tabish271
Hi everyone! I’m a member of the class of 2024 from IESE, and I’m about to graduate in May. Happy to share some insights if you have any particular questions about the school.
­tabish271 -

Thanks for doing this. I've noted below some queries that I typically see from candidates on IESE. It'd be great if you could share your views:
  1. How was/ is your experience overall been at IESE?
  2. Any unexpected surprises, both positive and negative?
  3. How has the recruitment scenario overall been? The latest 2023 employment numbers indicate a good number (49%) transitioning to consulting - any key drivers you see behind this?
  4. How has your job/ internship search been - any particular resources from IESE that stood out?
  5. Any insights on clubs (academic/ social), career treks (e.g. Consulting/ Finance trek) or fairs? 
Appreciate your inputs.

Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
Hi, I just had my IESE interview today. I thought I could share with you to prepare for your upcoming ones 👍
- First thing, it’s not the typical MBA behavioral interview questions
- It starts with the typical “Tell me about yourself” question
- ⁠Why MBA? Why IESE?
- ⁠Then the interviewer asked me to share about a project I specifically put in the CV, essays, and video components
- ⁠Elaborate on my undergrad performance
- ⁠Elaborate on extracurricular activities
- ⁠Elaborate on career choices
- ⁠Then, room for me to ask three questions
To me it was pretty much alike the Emory one
I hope you will have a good interview experience. See you all on Feb 17
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V42
Send PM
How was/ is your experience overall been at IESE?
Barcelona as a city is great. It will help to fit in more if you learn Spanish but it’s pretty international so you don’t need to worry about it too much. They offer Business Spanish Classes in school too so you should be fine. The schedule is very hectic so the dropout rate from these classes are high though, so be prepared for that. Academics is of high calibre and you are expected to devote quite some time especially in year 1 to this. Recruitment for consulting is five-star, for finance is four-star and Diversified Industries (all other industries) is somewhere between three-star to four-star; if I were to rate it out of five.

Any unexpected surprises, both positive and negative?
The recruitment and sponsorship barrier is very high, and will render you ineligible for most European jobs. If you are a non-European or if you do not know any local language (Spanish/German/French) then things get very tricky. The negative.
The positive. The community is smaller in size, which creates much stronger bonds and your classmates are extremely collaborative. The class environment is extremely rich due to the truly international diversity, and this creates a formidable learning experience. So your cohort will play a large part in your enrichment of skills and ensuring of success both academically and professionally.

How has the recruitment scenario overall been? The latest 2023 employment numbers indicate a good number (49%) transitioning to consulting - any key drivers you see behind this?
I believe that the extremely high expansion in the Middle East and the diversification of industries push from Barcelona have both contributed to this extremely high figures of consulting. Moreover, the LATAM market is very hot right now and this provides a large number of opportunities for Tier-2 and Tier-3 boutique firms in consulting to have strong growth numbers and hire well.
Tier 1 - MBB
Tier 2 - think Strategy&, OliverWyman, FTI, Delta Partners, Kearney, etc
Tier 3 - local names
How has your job/ internship search been - any particular resources from IESE that stood out?
I come from a non-traditional background (niche industry+no big name brand) so personally it has been challenging. But the consulting club and the Career Development team of Consulting in IESE are world-class - you’ll have a great learning experience to push you over the line and with the strong emphasis on teamwork, we ensure that no man/woman is left behind!
Any insights on clubs (academic/ social), career treks (e.g. Consulting/ Finance trek) or fairs?

Any insights on clubs (academic/ social), career treks (e.g. Consulting/ Finance trek) or fairs?
Prepare well in advance. Target and be selective of your go-to companies. Networking matters alot. Be prepared to choose only one trek (consulting/finance) as the preparation is very intensive and demanding. It will be unfair to either Club to have you doing both. Very few rare breeds (think people who are already consultants/bankers and excellent at their job) can do both. Be welcoming of non-consulting and finance opportunities too, there are some excellent businesses out there and consulting is not the end game for all.

admitStreet, I have replied to your questions above. If @gmatclub can arrange a video interview or call, I can take many more queries.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15  ...  32