It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 14:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2015, 01:01
MyaimHarvard wrote:
1> How many recommendation letters are required for ISB. Is it necessarily be from my current boss or it can be from my previous boss.
2> Do I need to write TOEFL? language of Instruction in 12th class was Hindi. But In engineering, it was English (obviously). If yes, then do I need to write it before submitting the application or I can submit the score later.

1. This year, you just need to have one letter of recommendation. That can either be from the current or the previous boss.
Please go through this post for further details on recommendation: calling-all-isb-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-197093-80.html#p1528883

2. No you do not need to write TOEFL if the medium of teaching was English in the undergrad university

All the best!

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2015, 01:08
Anujapan1712 wrote:
When is the deadline I need to write the gnat to apply for R2 for ISB ....I plan to write it in October or nov..... The site says deadline for R is jan 2016.....please help

Theoretically, you can the GMAT latest by 15th of Jan 2015 and submit the unofficial scores in the application.
However, it is better that you remove the GMAT part first and then concentrate on your applications.

A well crafted application requires somewhere between 1.5 to 2 months. So plan your GMAT accordingly

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '17

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2015, 01:12
10th - 88%
12th - 79%
Engg- 76% (w/ fair bit of extracurriculars)
GMAT - 650 (47,34)

Work ex: R&D at top FMCG firm 7 years - have worked on several projects across two departments

Have reported my scores but planning to retake the exam

...how are my chances?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2015, 01:25
Anujapan1712 wrote:
Hi all..I am a doctor by profession and I am still in the process of writing the gmat.i have a work ex of four years post my graduation.i have a few queries.
1. When is the latest I can write the gmat for 2017.(2016 intake).
2. What is the minimum score range I require.... Keeping in mind that my quant sucks.
3. When is the r2 and I need further assistance on the admission application process....( as in the essay and how can I improve on my application).

1. When is the latest I can write the gmat for 2017.(2016 intake).
Theoretically, you can the GMAT latest by 15th of Jan 2015 and submit the unofficial scores in the application.
However, it is better that you remove the GMAT part first and then concentrate on your applications.

A well crafted application requires somewhere between 1.5 to 2 months. So plan your GMAT accordingly

2. What is the minimum score range I require.... Keeping in mind that my quant sucks.
The minimum score varies from profile to profile and the applicant pool you are from.
Still, to give you an idea, the average for ISB is around 710

3. When is the r2 and I need further assistance on the admission application process....( as in the essay and how can I improve on my application)
The R2 deadline is on the 15th of Jan 2016. To get the assistance on your application, you have landed at just the right place.
There are many good consultants here. You can talk to them and get your doubts clarified.

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2015, 01:27
abhinandan23 wrote:
10th - 88%
12th - 79%
GMAT - 650 (47,34)

Work ex: R&D at top FMCG firm 7 years - have worked on several projects across two departments

...how are my chances?

This information is too less to comment on your chances. (In fact any information is not sufficient. It will depend on how well you present your case through the application)

May be you can write a bit more about your extra curricular activities and work experience.
That will give the experts here a food for thought.

Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '17
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2015, 02:16
ankurgupta03 wrote:
abhinandan23 wrote:
10th - 88%
12th - 79%
GMAT - 650 (47,34)

...how are my chances?

This information is too less to comment on your chances. (In fact any information is not sufficient. It will depend on how well you present your case through the application)

May be you can write a bit more about your extra curricular activities and work experience.
That will give the experts here a food for thought.

Much thanks for the suggestion -

Extracurriculars include but not restricted to - organization committee of college fest, participation in fests, prizes for quiz, debate, poetry writing etc. Was a part of the crew of the college theatre group, which has staged many plays. I also belonged to a leading Toastmasters club and edited the magazine for a couple of terms.

Last edited by abhinandan23 on 12 Sep 2015, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2015, 07:29
Hi,

I'm interested in applying for Round 1 and would really appreciate if someone could help with the following questions:

1. Salary declaration: I have an onsite experience of around 6 months (April'15 to September'15) but would be returning in October & working in India henceforth. Which salary should I declare, the salary for last 5 months or the current CTC?

2. I have a valid TOEFL score (110) although the language of instruction in under-graduate degree was English. How can I declare TOEFL score?

Currently working in Indian IT company - eCommerce Consulting stream.

Thanks
Divya
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2015, 20:27
dd29 wrote:
Hi,

I'm interested in applying for Round 1 and would really appreciate if someone could help with the following questions:

1. Salary declaration: I have an onsite experience of around 6 months (April'15 to September'15) but would be returning in October & working in India henceforth. Which salary should I declare, the salary for last 5 months or the current CTC?

2. I have a valid TOEFL score (110) although the language of instruction in under-graduate degree was English. How can I declare TOEFL score?

Currently working in Indian IT company - eCommerce Consulting stream.

Thanks
Divya

Hi Divya,

You don't have to declare your TOEFL score as Language of instruction in UG was English.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2015, 22:16
Hi Divya, Please find the answers inline

You need to declare the current CTC.

You do not need to declare TOEFL if you have completed your undergrad in a college where English was the mode of instruction.

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
B
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2015, 01:51
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

!

An important announcement!

Hi All,

We have collaborated with the ISB admissions team and will be having a Chat session with Mr. Rupesh Bisht.
Here is a snapshot of his profile at ISB.

"Rupesh Bisht heads PGP International marketing and the Young Leaders Programme at ISB. He is Associate Director with Admissions and Financial Aid Department at ISB and also an alumnus from the class of 2009."

Timings for the session: 8.00 pm IST on 15th September 2015.
Place: GMATClub chat room

By that time, all the people applying in R1 must have completed a significant portion of their essays and some might be on the verge of submitting the application. Collect all your questions and get them clarified from Mr. Bisht.

Add this event to your Google Calendar.

All the best! and happy essays writing :)
Ankur

Last edited by ankurgupta03 on 15 Sep 2015, 04:34, edited 4 times in total.
Google Calendar added
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2015, 10:22
This post received
KUDOS
ISB Webinar on Monday, September 14th at 8:00 PM IST

Hello Friends, we thought we will bring to your notice that ISB is conducting a Webinar on how to prepare a strong Application.

It will be a good opportunity to hear from others, as well as get clarity on your own doubts, directly from ISB Admissions Director.

Following is the link to register for the event: Webinar

Also, request people attending the webinar, to update this thread with their findings n discoveries. Will be handy for fellow ISB Applicants.

Apologies if this information has already been mentioned elsewhere.

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2015, 22:15
Hi All,

How crucial are the ECs. I dont have any. My basic profile is
GMAT - 710 (Q50 , V35) , IR -8/8, AWA - Not received
10th - 74.60
12th - 80.00
Btech - 69.02%

Work Ex : - 40 Months as of now.
Please let me know if I stand any chance for ISB.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2015, 22:21
Hi all,

I am going to apply for ISB class of 2017 and wanted feedback on my case:-

First of all i want to know is it enough time to apply for the 1st deadline?

GMAT score: 700
Education:- I am a 2011 graduate (Civil engg.) from BITS Pilani. GPA 7.1/10. 10th: 87.4% 12th 88.8%
Work experience Total 4 years+:- After that i started working as a Business Analyst at Wells Fargo India where i was involved in tech cum analytics role for 2 years. After that i have been working at ZS associates as a Business Analyst which is a consulting role for a big Pharma client. I was managing a team here as well as working collaboratively with the US teams and US clients and also have onsite client experience.

I also have learnt Financial stock market technical analysis on my own and now manage a full portfolio of my own from the past 7 years. I have a lot of knowledge of the stock market.

Please let me know how does my profile look and what should i stress on? Also should i take help of experience GMAT consultants?
VP
VP
S
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2015, 22:22
aankitfbd wrote:
Hi All,

10th - 74.60
12th - 80.00
Btech - 69.02%

Thanks in advance.

Your basic profile parameters are fine. Not possible to comment in too much detail as details on your work ex are not available.

ECs do count. There is a specific section on the online application where these details are sought and leaving this blank will be a negative. ECs are considered as indicators of your overall personality and passions beyond work, and also as possible indicators of how you could contribute to the ISB community and student life.

That said, you should dig into your profile to identify activities that you can highlight. It is not just recognized achievement which is valid here - even participation and hobbies count.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2015, 22:27
GyanOne wrote:
aankitfbd wrote:
Hi All,

10th - 74.60
12th - 80.00
Btech - 69.02%

Thanks in advance.

Your basic profile parameters are fine. Not possible to comment in too much detail as details on your work ex are not available.

ECs do count. There is a specific section on the online application where these details are sought and leaving this blank will be a negative. ECs are considered as indicators of your overall personality and passions beyond work, and also as possible indicators of how you could contribute to the ISB community and student life.

That said, you should dig into your profile to identify activities that you can highlight. It is not just recognized achievement which is valid here - even participation and hobbies count.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When you say hobbies..can I mention watching football / tennis. But I don't have any certification to back it up.
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2015, 22:30
akshat1989 wrote:
Hi all,

I am going to apply for ISB class of 2017 and wanted feedback on my case:-

First of all i want to know is it enough time to apply for the 1st deadline?

GMAT score: 700
Education:- I am a 2011 graduate (Civil engg.) from BITS Pilani. GPA 7.1/10. 10th: 87.4% 12th 88.8%
Work experience Total 4 years+:- After that i started working as a Business Analyst at Wells Fargo India where i was involved in tech cum analytics role for 2 years. After that i have been working at ZS associates as a Business Analyst which is a consulting role for a big Pharma client. I was managing a team here as well as working collaboratively with the US teams and US clients and also have onsite client experience.

I also have learnt Financial stock market technical analysis on my own and now manage a full portfolio of my own from the past 7 years. I have a lot of knowledge of the stock market.

Please let me know how does my profile look and what should i stress on? Also should i take help of experience GMAT consultants?

Hi akshat1989,

You do have enough time, with around a month to go for the ISB deadline.

Your profile looks good overall. BITS Pilani grad, fair GPA and decent GMAT. Your work ex is pretty good, with experience in analytics, plus exposure to foreign markets as well as your analytics work on sales force optimization at ZS. The onsite experience helps further.

Stock market trading as a hobby (also connected to knowledge of finance and investments) is a further plus for your application.

You should be stressing on your analytics work, your international exposure, and your client management skills as key parts of your application. These are all key strengths of yours, and they are also fairly differentiated as not too many ISB applicants have this mix.

Overall, you seem well set. All the best and feel free to come back with further queries.

VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2015, 22:35
aankitfbd wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
aankitfbd wrote:
Hi All,

10th - 74.60
12th - 80.00
Btech - 69.02%

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

When you say hobbies..can I mention watching football / tennis. But I don't have any certification to back it up.

Under hobbies, you can mention anything, and don't need any certificates to back you up. However, try and mention hobbies (based on fact of course) that show you as an interesting person + a potential contributor. E.g. Active sportsperson - play football and tennis and also follow them.

Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '17, NUS '18

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2015, 04:16
ankurgupta03 wrote:

!

An important announcement!

Hi All,

We have collaborated with the ISB admissions team and will be having a Chat session with Mr. Rupesh Bisht.
Here is a snapshot of his profile at ISB.

"Rupesh Bisht heads PGP International marketing and the Young Leaders Programme at ISB. He is Associate Director with Admissions and Financial Aid Department at ISB and also an alumnus from the class of 2009."

Timings for the session: 8.00 pm IST on 15th September 2015.

By that time, all the people applying in R1 must have completed a significant portion of their essays and some might be on the verge of submitting the application. Collect all your questions and get them clarified from Mr. Bisht.

Add this event to your Google Calendar.

All the best! and happy essays writing :)
Ankur
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2015, 04:18
ankurgupta03

Hi, how do we join the live chat today at 8pm for ISB applicants (class of 2017)? There is no link.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2015, 04:19
How do we join this chat??
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 15 Sep 2015, 04:19

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  63    Next  [ 1247 posts ] 

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap