Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: ISB '24
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: ISB (D)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2023 Intake) Class of 2024 [#permalink]
Seems like SUperb Profile. Good Acads. Govt Official, Clarity of Goal. & good in Extra Curricular ALso. Seems like a Stand out profile + Higher than Avg GMAT Score
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Saghan96 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile Age- 26 years GMAT Target - 730 (getting 700 in official mocks) B. Tech in Electrical Engineering - 84% (Batch Topper) 12th - 88.4% 10th - 10 CGPA Extra Curricular Activities:- College head of NGO (Leaders for Tomorrow) - Established the NGO in the college, Built and led a team of 150+ students. Organised various donation drives, cleanliness drives, plantation drives and orphanage visits. Member of College R&D Team - Worked on Autonomous Vehicle project for 1 year as member of R&D team of college. Participated in intercollege cricket competition along with various debate competitions during school and college. Work Experience - 5 years 5 years experience as Gazzetted Officer in State Govt. Supervised 40+ Projects learning the skills such as People management, Vendor Management, Stakeholder Management, Estimation, Budgeting, Surveying, Tendering, Procurement. Short Term Goal - Career Switch from Government to Corporate

Great academic pedigree and beyond the classroom initiatives (especially setting up the college chapter for Leaders for Tomorrow - shows a blend of leadership and volunteering experience). Work ex is also unique, I feel you may need to give a strong reason for why ISB, given the work ex and you may be probed on this too in the interview. Overall, strong chances for an interview call for sure if this is accompanied with a good gmat score (720ish) and story.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SarthakCareerEdge wrote:
Great academic pedigree and beyond the classroom initiatives (especially setting up the college chapter for Leaders for Tomorrow - shows a blend of leadership and volunteering experience). Work ex is also unique, I feel you may need to give a strong reason for why ISB, given the work ex and you may be probed on this too in the interview. Overall, strong chances for an interview call for sure if this is accompanied with a good gmat score (720ish) and story.

Thank you sir!!, I m planning to apply in round 3, after giving Gmat on 12th jan
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Saghan96 wrote:
Thank you sir!!, I m planning to apply in round 3, after giving Gmat on 12th jan

Lovely. All the best! Just one more thing - It’s one thing to have a good story and narrative, it’s another thing altogether to do justice to it in your essays. Please keep that in mind as well. Essays are equally important. Spare time for them too along with your GMAT Prep.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Dear Saghan96,
Here is an evaluation of your candidature.
GMAT: While anything above 710 will be competitive, as the saying goes the more the merrier.
Academics: Having a rank holder position in undergrad gives you brownie points. What tier does your engineering institute fall in?
Work Experience: While working for a PSU, demonstrates that you understand how things work at scale and have strong people management skills to get things done, you will have showcase transferrable skillsets that you intend from your career thus far into the corporate world. It will also be interesting to understand how you have progressed in your career ladder so far and the tangible impact you have been able to make in the journey.
Extra-Curriculars: It seems that you were heavily involved in community focused activities during your college days. However, its been 5+ years since then. It will be interesting to know whether you have persisted with similar endeavors in the recent past as well. If yes, what was the nature of association and more importantly, what was the impact you were able to create.
Goal: Transitioning into Corporate is an *abstract* statement since 99% of roles that are offered at ISB during placements are with corporates in some form or the other. You will have to zero down on what sort of roles and which sort of companies you want to target, and how will your experience in the past coupled with the learning from ISB help you get there. Typical career trajectory of the applicants I have worked with who came with a public sector pre-MBA experience, has been either Consulting, or, operations / supply chain focused roles in bigger firms as well as growth stage startups. Your goals should be realistic and feasible.
I am an ISB alum, CO15, and have guided 500+ applicants get into global business schools over the last 6+ years. Please feel free to get in touch with me if you seek professional guidance.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
SagarGarg wrote:
2 years Work Ex, CA, (12th-77%, 10th-89). Is it possible to get a call if I get 700+ in GMAT, because I am having gap of 1 year i.e. doing no job/business since last 1 year

CrackAdmission, May u review my profile also? Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SarthakCareerEdge wrote:
Lovely. All the best! Just one more thing - It’s one thing to have a good story and narrative, it’s another thing altogether to do justice to it in your essays. Please keep that in mind as well. Essays are equally important. Spare time for them too along with your GMAT Prep.

Yes sir!! I ll start working on my essays from this week only.

CrackAdmission wrote:
Dear @saghan96, Here is an evaluation of your candidature. GMAT: While anything above 710 will be competitive, as the saying goes the more the merrier. Academics: Having a rank holder position in undergrad gives you brownie points. What tier does your engineering institute fall in? Work Experience: While working for a PSU, demonstrates that you understand how things work at scale and have strong people management skills to get things done, you will have showcase transferrable skillsets that you intend from your career thus far into the corporate world. It will also be interesting to understand how you have progressed in your career ladder so far and the tangible impact you have been able to make in the journey. Extra-Curriculars: It seems that you were heavily involved in community focused activities during your college days. However, its been 5+ years since then. It will be interesting to know whether you have persisted with similar endeavors in the recent past as well. If yes, what was the nature of association and more importantly, what was the impact you were able to create. Goal: Transitioning into Corporate is an *abstract* statement since 99% of roles that are offered at ISB during placements are with corporates in some form or the other. You will have to zero down on what sort of roles and which sort of companies you want to target, and how will your experience in the past coupled with the learning from ISB help you get there. Typical career trajectory of the applicants I have worked with who came with a public sector pre-MBA experience, has been either Consulting, or, operations / supply chain focused roles in bigger firms as well as growth stage startups. Your goals should be realistic and feasible. I am an ISB alum, CO15, and have guided 500+ applicants get into global business schools over the last 6+ years. Please feel free to get in touch with me if you seek professional guidance.

Thank you sir!! I ll keep that in mind while filling the application form and writing the essays.

SagarGarg wrote:
Seems like SUperb Profile. Good Acads. Govt Official, Clarity of Goal. & good in Extra Curricular ALso. Seems like a Stand out profile + Higher than Avg GMAT Score

Thank you sir!!

Originally posted by Saghan96 on 18 Dec 2022, 06:01.
Last edited by Saghan96 on 18 Dec 2022, 06:10, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 55
Schools: ISB '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Kudos
Interview dates for r2
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Has anyone received interview invites for R2 yet?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
When will they roll out calls ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Richa said that the interviews will start from 24 Dec which means the invites should go out between today and tomorrow given ISB sends invites atleast 5 days in advance. Also I remember her saying invites will be rolled out mostly on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 429
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Are the invites for all sent at once irrespective of date of interview

?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
ppp1711 wrote:
Are the invites for all sent at once irrespective of date of interview

No, it will be on rolling basis. Depending on the slot you are scheduled you will receive the mails
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Can anyone pls suggest best coaching for gmat

Hii
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Kudos
Guys location wise interview dates are live on the ISB site.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GPA: 4
Send PM
So bangalore folks would be getting the call during new years i suppose?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: EY
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi

I applied in round 2

I’m unable to see the location wise dates. Can someone share the link please?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  220   221   222   223   224  ...  390