GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 10:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Johnson (Cornell) 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 21:17
mspmet wrote:
puning wrote:
Hi, I applied in November round and received waitlist decision today. I am an international applicant.

Could you provide insights about my chances of getting admitted from waitlist? And what should I do now?

Thanks!

Well, in my opinion, chances are very good. The reason is that many people are withdrawing their offer from Cornell 1-year.
If you are an international candidate, and you want a work permit in USA, think twice before going for a 1-year program. Even the 2-year guys are struggling at the moment.

Thank you for your insights. I am worrying that if I cannot get off the waitlist by the end of March, I may not have enough time to deal with visa issues.
I am open to returning back to my home country after this 1-year program, so I am not concerned about work permit. However, I didn't explain clearly
in the application that I am willing to return to my home country, could this (currently the job prospect for international graduate in
US is not good) be the reason that I am waitlisted ?

My profile:
GPA: 3.0
GMAT:740
WE: 60 months, product development
Career goal: move into product management
Cornell-Johnson Thread Master
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3.8
WE: Project Management (Insurance)
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 08:28
puning wrote:
mspmet wrote:
puning wrote:
Hi, I applied in November round and received waitlist decision today. I am an international applicant.

Could you provide insights about my chances of getting admitted from waitlist? And what should I do now?

Thanks!

Well, in my opinion, chances are very good. The reason is that many people are withdrawing their offer from Cornell 1-year.
If you are an international candidate, and you want a work permit in USA, think twice before going for a 1-year program. Even the 2-year guys are struggling at the moment.

Thank you for your insights. I am worrying that if I cannot get off the waitlist by the end of March, I may not have enough time to deal with visa issues.
I am open to returning back to my home country after this 1-year program, so I am not concerned about work permit. However, I didn't explain clearly
in the application that I am willing to return to my home country, could this (currently the job prospect for international graduate in

My profile:

Although I'm not 100% sure, but it could be a reason for your wait listing. These days, US business schools are inclining more towards the applicants with an existing work permit OR a sponsor for admissions.
If you want to return back to you home country, and if you are not from American subcontinent, why dont you apply to the European B-Schools? Some EU schools are much better than US 1-Year programs.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 19:03
mspmet wrote:
puning wrote:
mspmet wrote:

My profile:

Although I'm not 100% sure, but it could be a reason for your wait listing. These days, US business schools are inclining more towards the applicants with an existing work permit OR a sponsor for admissions.
If you want to return back to you home country, and if you are not from American subcontinent, why dont you apply to the European B-Schools? Some EU schools are much better than US 1-Year programs.

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I will certainly do some research about European B-Schools. I saw that you chose to decline Johnson's offer. Which school are you going to enroll in?
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 08:04
puning wrote:
mspmet wrote:
puning wrote:

My profile:

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I will certainly do some research about European B-Schools. I saw that you chose to decline Johnson's offer. Which school are you going to enroll in?

I'm not considering full time programs anymore, even when I'm admitted to 3 of the very best ones. The reason is solely the visa and job issue in USA. Many people from previous batched are still struggling for jobs.
I'm now applying to executive MBA programs such that I can continue working while getting an MBA degree. I know it will be not as respectful as full time MBA, but it is better than having no job and hefty loan on head.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.71

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 21:43
Any idea when R3 decisions will be given?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.39
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 00:31
harshadashewale89 wrote:

The interviewer told me it is today March 15. Not sure though!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 22:56
Well I did not receive anything yet. If anyone from R3 does, please post here.

B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 07:14
mraformba wrote:
harshadashewale89 wrote:

The interviewer told me it is today March 15. Not sure though!!

Hey!
So what was your result??
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 07:16
No idea.. Not received anything

B

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 07:33
Scary Silence ........... :hurt: :hurt:
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 05:56
:hurt:
mspmet wrote:
Scary Silence ........... :hurt: :hurt:
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake!! &nbs [#permalink] 09 Apr 2018, 05:56

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   [ 111 posts ] 

Calling all Johnson (Cornell) 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2018 Intake!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap