Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.25
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.51
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! [#permalink]
vandanasathpathy I can bet you will get admitted!! I tell you!!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
CentralBanker wrote:
Updates in november end can still be admit/deny and final call on scholarships taken today (as they have an entirely different admit letter style with additional info on scholarship)

This is my favorite theory, because it gets me a scholarship. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
My date is still updating. I now have 12/13. Anyone else?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
TheLevin wrote:
My date is still updating. I now have 12/13. Anyone else?

Still 12/12 here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Updated to 12/13 as well.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I am still at 12/12
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
12/13 reporting in
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 111
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
trivium wrote:
CentralBanker wrote:
So latest date change theory afternoon vs midnight vs early morning doesn't make the cut - too speculative.

It is speculative, but if you divide the groups into the categories I mentioned, you'll find the groups are very different. One had many who interviewed at top ranked schools (Booth, Sloan, Wharton, etc.) with no obvious reach candidates. The other lacked these clear admits but had waived applicants and many who didn't get invites from lower ranked schools (Duke, UNC, Anderson, etc.)

trivium great job with your theory my friend.. That's the best one can come up with gmatclub data.. But not all gmatclub data..

1) We do have waived applicants seeing date changes starting only in December. There is large group of applicants with NO more than 2 updates till december and started seeing things only in first week of december - according to you they are the lucky ones! - I say they are not all and not the only
2) I think First week december can be borderline (lets decide later) type applicants. What about people who saw nearly 5-6 date changes till third week of November when most people had no updates? And a final update in December? - Do we say they are all dings? - not fair as they ruled the roost in Oct/Nov..
3) I don't think all decisions (nearly 400+ R1 admits - going by 60% yield and 700+ size class (1Y/2Y/MMM/JD-MBA) are made on the final week. I guess based on the early interview report availability some decisions are made in November.. They can be obvious ones - admit/deny. OR those for programs such as 1Y/MMM/JD-MBA (small applicant pools)
4) December 1st week pool - waived/borderline/people who might have seen kellogg as back up (too obvious HBS/GSB types) - which is a very difficult pool to pick and choose from. I say this because this group is UNTOUCHED for too long in the admissions process. Come on - we applied on September 24th!
5) If you see Yale which is the closest to Kellogg application system/R1 deadline/Video essays - I was told that they kept making decisions every friday since the 1st interview week (november 1st week) to disperse the load- nearly 50% of admits post-interview are straight, remaining are picked in last couple of weeks together taking call on other candidates, looking at GMATs/yield concerns etc. Not every candidate picked is based on class averages at that point. Decisions are made as they go - large chunk of them can be made in the last to balance the class.
6) Since there are 4 programs (1Y/2Y/MMM/JD-MBA) with 'different' (internal) admission committees - some can have easier workload due to smaller applicant pools (and are faster) for e.g. 1Y, JD-MBA, MMM compared to 2Y pool. I know this fact for sure as I personally interacted with an admit committee member who only looks after her program among the 4. 1Y applicants are typically 400+ (both rounds together) and JD-MBA are 300+ etc. We talk of class averages! Kellogg doesn't even 'report' GMAT averages for 1Y/JD-MBA in their class profiles (fair enough as the fight for ranking is only with 2Y students of other schools). The yardsticks for 1Y and JD-MBA are more professional than academic/test scores and there is a lot of self selection.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Cubsfan87 wrote:
12/13 reporting in

strange to see the dates getting updated on a saturday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
shank001 wrote:
Cubsfan87 wrote:
12/13 reporting in

strange to see the dates getting updated on a saturday.

My last change before yesterday (it was either the third change on my essay or the fourth) was on November 8th, which was a Saturday. Seems they've been working hard for a while.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
I am still at 12/12. doesn't seem like a lot of 12/13 changes...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
CentralBanker wrote:
trivium wrote:
CentralBanker wrote:
So latest date change theory afternoon vs midnight vs early morning doesn't make the cut - too speculative.

It is speculative, but if you divide the groups into the categories I mentioned, you'll find the groups are very different. One had many who interviewed at top ranked schools (Booth, Sloan, Wharton, etc.) with no obvious reach candidates. The other lacked these clear admits but had waived applicants and many who didn't get invites from lower ranked schools (Duke, UNC, Anderson, etc.)

trivium great job with your theory my friend.. That's the best one can come up with gmatclub data.. But not all gmatclub data..

1) We do have waived applicants seeing date changes starting only in December. There is large group of applicants with NO more than 2 updates till december and started seeing things only in first week of december - according to you they are the lucky ones! - I say they are not all and not the only
2) I think First week december can be borderline (lets decide later) type applicants. What about people who saw nearly 5-6 date changes till third week of November when most people had no updates? And a final update in December? - Do we say they are all dings? - not fair as they ruled the roost in Oct/Nov..
3) I don't think all decisions (nearly 400+ R1 admits - going by 60% yield and 700+ size class (1Y/2Y/MMM/JD-MBA) are made on the final week. I guess based on the early interview report availability some decisions are made in November.. They can be obvious ones - admit/deny. OR those for programs such as 1Y/MMM/JD-MBA (small applicant pools)
4) December 1st week pool - waived/borderline/people who might have seen kellogg as back up (too obvious HBS/GSB types) - which is a very difficult pool to pick and choose from. I say this because this group is UNTOUCHED for too long in the admissions process. Come on - we applied on September 24th!
5) If you see Yale which is the closest to Kellogg application system/R1 deadline/Video essays - I was told that they kept making decisions every friday since the 1st interview week (november 1st week) to disperse the load- nearly 50% of admits post-interview are straight, remaining are picked in last couple of weeks together taking call on other candidates, looking at GMATs/yield concerns etc. Not every candidate picked is based on class averages at that point. Decisions are made as they go - large chunk of them can be made in the last to balance the class.
6) Since there are 4 programs (1Y/2Y/MMM/JD-MBA) with 'different' (internal) admission committees - some can have easier workload due to smaller applicant pools (and are faster) for e.g. 1Y, JD-MBA, MMM compared to 2Y pool. I know this fact for sure as I personally interacted with an admit committee member who only looks after her program among the 4. 1Y applicants are typically 400+ (both rounds together) and JD-MBA are 300+ etc. We talk of class averages! Kellogg doesn't even 'report' GMAT averages for 1Y/JD-MBA in their class profiles (fair enough as the fight for ranking is only with 2Y students of other schools). The yardsticks for 1Y and JD-MBA are more professional than academic/test scores and there is a lot of self selection.

Where did you get 300+ for JD mba just curious. I don't see this info anywhere on the web. 300+ for 30 seats is kinda scary and is definitely nowhere close to being "comparable" to other programs as the adcoms claim.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.21
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Kudos
monkeymadness wrote:

Mine is 12/13. I'm going to laugh if this is really just a glitch and has nothing to do with when the adcom accesses your application.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
JLEY wrote:
monkeymadness wrote:

Mine is 12/13. I'm going to laugh if this is really just a glitch and has nothing to do with when the adcom accesses your application.

I'm going to laugh when all the theories are debunked by people that don't fit into the imaginary system. :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
bml1105 wrote:
JLEY wrote:
monkeymadness wrote:

I'm going to laugh when all the theories are debunked by people that don't fit into the imaginary system. :lol:

I second this!!!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 13
I assume everyone's video has a dec update at this point. So the theory should still fit one of the categories.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
12/13 ... changing everyday from 12/5. More and more seems like a glitch now.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  50   51   52   53   54  ...  105   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts