GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 07:11

R1 Decisions:

Michigan Ross Chat (US calls are expected today)  |  UCLA Anderson Chat  (Calls expected to start at 7am PST; Applicants from Asia will hear first)

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

09:00 PM PST

10:00 PM PST

There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 14:49
@foreverftc - Yes, I interviewed.

Posted from my mobile device

Follow my blog: My Journey to Business School

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 14:50
I just don't know if Kellogg would be able to accurately guess which students HBS and GSB accept. Having high stats isn't enough for those schools. It obviously comes down to a lot more, since people with fantastic GMAT and GPAs get rejected outright. Sure the person that has cured AIDs is probably accepted to HBS and GSB, but other highly exceptional people are a toss up.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 14:55
bml1105 wrote:
I just don't know if Kellogg would be able to accurately guess which students HBS and GSB accept. Having high stats isn't enough for those schools. It obviously comes down to a lot more, since people with fantastic GMAT and GPAs get rejected outright. Sure the person that has cured AIDs is probably accepted to HBS and GSB, but other highly exceptional people are a toss up.

there is no guessing... hbs and stanford comes out first for a reason. there's a reason why kellogg is always after hbs and gsb. you don't want to waste offers that have near 0% conversion.

Personal Blog: I will answer every single question on my blog.
http://johnthundermba.wordpress.com

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 15:00
JohnThunder wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

there is no guessing... hbs and stanford comes out first for a reason. there's a reason why kellogg is always after hbs and gsb. you don't want to waste offers that have near 0% conversion.

I think you are over thinking this. 60% yield is good because Kellogg is a good school. There is really no requirement to be honest in telling them where else you are applying. If they were gonna throw your app out if they think you are getting in to HBS, why would anyone ever put that down?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Dec 2014, 15:36
JohnThunder wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Unless an applicant pulls their application from Kellogg after receiving an offer from HBS or Stanford, how would Kellogg know? I've seen a lot of profiles on this site in the last 2 years that have been accepted to all three or two out of three.

Maybe 60% go to Kellogg because that's where they want to be?

Originally posted by forevertfc on 12 Dec 2014, 15:01.
Last edited by forevertfc on 12 Dec 2014, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 15:05
vandanasathpathy wrote:

So why are you leaning towards a Ding? Your GMAT is great, you're in a pretty nice industry that isn't over-represented and your path seems logical. Interview or essay mishap?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Dec 2014, 21:22
I'm sorry to say this, but almost all of you have gone mental Image

Kellogg, look what you've done to your applicants!!!

P.S. A few words about myself: applied, interviewed on campus, don't give a damn about the dates.

Originally posted by MrRed on 12 Dec 2014, 15:22.
Last edited by MrRed on 12 Dec 2014, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 17:16
forevertfc wrote:
vandanasathpathy wrote:

So why are you leaning towards a Ding? Your GMAT is great, you're in a pretty nice industry that isn't over-represented and your path seems logical. Interview or essay mishap?

Well, Kellogg was my first ever bschool app and my first interview. :-) So in retrospect, there are about a dozen things I'd have done differently. Video Essay didn't go too great either...so I'm not getting my hopes up. Plus the date thing. :-D

Follow my blog: My Journey to Business School

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.43
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 17:22
First change on 12/12 since 10/28...honestly, am not sure what to make of all the theories but mine pretty much sounds like a ding, or best case a WL! Now that even the waived candidates have dates updated, we can be pretty sure the decisions have been made. We will know soon, enjoy your weekends everyone. At least try.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 17:57
Can anyone in the 1Y comment on their date changes?

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 18:26
MrRed wrote:
I'm sorry to say this, but almost all of you have gone mental Image

Kellogg, look what you've done to your applicants!!!

P.S. A few words about myself: applied, interviewed on campus, don't give a damn thing about the dates.

+1
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GPA: 3.55
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 19:07
bml1105 wrote:
So did mine. No longer 11/18. Officially 12/12. Only five more days!!

We had a lot in common! Mine changed today (don't know morning or afternoon) to 12/12
One crucial evidence to prove or disprove any theory is out 'joint' admit or reject!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Dec 2014, 19:26
vandanasathpathy wrote:
11/22 to 12/12 - Probably looking at a ding.

vandanasathpathy Updates in november end can still be admit/deny and final call on scholarships taken today (as they have an entirely different admit letter style with additional info on scholarship)
My interview done in Oct 3rd week, I would still say that 1 month is enough for Adcom to make "Obvious decisions" be it accept or reject - sometimes to accept is as easy as to reject
My date changed 'frequently' post interview till 11/19 and then it only changed to 12/12 today - it might mean i m an 'obvious' admit or a straight reject.
So latest date change theory afternoon vs midnight vs early morning doesn't make the cut - too speculative.

But one thing is for sure - before the December date change your 'fate' was SEALED on your last date change in November.. (for a reasonable number of applicants interviewed in October) just like me (if you did your interview in October)

Just like NO-BRAINER REJECTS THERE CAN BE NO-BRAINER ADMITS TOO!

Originally posted by CentralBanker on 12 Dec 2014, 19:17.
Last edited by CentralBanker on 12 Dec 2014, 19:26, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V43
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 19:18
Finally, video essay date changes from 11/20 to 12/12 - pretty much among the last pool of candidates, and this is not looking good. Well, the theory sounds more reasonable now!

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 19:25
Gosh! I am much more curious about the theory behind video date change THAN on my admit/waitlist/deny decision on 17th!!!! :roll:
Damn! Gmatclub Kellogg forum turned into Wall Street! :wave :panel

Does anyone of you want to take the speculation to next level? by creating some 'Binary options?' :lol: :lol: :lol:
We ARE MARKET-MAKERS!
:woohoo
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 19:51
CentralBanker wrote:
So latest date change theory afternoon vs midnight vs early morning doesn't make the cut - too speculative.

It is speculative, but if you divide the groups into the categories I mentioned, you'll find the groups are very different. One had many who interviewed at top ranked schools (Booth, Sloan, Wharton, etc.) with no obvious reach candidates. The other lacked these clear admits but had waived applicants and many who didn't get invites from lower ranked schools (Duke, UNC, Anderson, etc.)
Current Student
Concentration: General Management

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 23:18
Been a very interesting and entertaining thread. Whatever the outcome of this journey, best wishes to all on this thread for the MBA journey ahead.
Just adding another datapoint for analysis. I was interviewed off-campus in November (probably saw one or two date changes prior to that - possibly them looking at my preference for interview location based on the explanations above?)

I've had daily date changes this week and it currently stands at 12/12 (not sure if this was morning or mid-afternoon). I do think Trivium's theory is quite plausible, because it seems to be linked to them accessing/updating an individuals application. I personally don't think they'll need to review someone's application 5 days in a row, so the whole concept of pooling into Admit/Waitlist groups seems to make sense.

I would like to believe the admit theory is correct, but then one of the candidates with an interview waiver reported the same date changes. I don't think Kellogg will admit anyone without conducting atleast a telephonic/Skype interview. Threw a near 'perfect' explanation into hot water. Anyway trying to be hopeful. Whatever happens will happen for the best.

Only time will tell. We are not to far away now.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2014, 01:59
Wow! I stay away for a couple of weeks, thinking things would quieten down on this thread after all the interviews were done..

But wait! On the contrary, 20 pages added! Most of it about the date changes. :)
I do wonder how many of you guys are actually in a comfy spot and not getting ready for R2 in case things don't work out.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2014, 02:00
Date change for me too yesterday (not sure about the time!). First change since 11/06. I interviewed off-campus third week Oct and had a bunch of date changes post interview.

Don't think it's looking very good at the moment for me :(.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V45
WE: Brand Management (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2014, 02:41
I've been spending hours reading posts on date changes, instead of working on R2 apps. This is ridiculous!
#stopthemadness
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 13 Dec 2014, 02:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  49   50   51   52   53  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap