GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 08:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.4
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2015, 04:03
mba7102 wrote:
Invited to interview ,Indian applicant, Off campus/Alumni interview

Same - Indian applicant in India; Invited for the interview. Have scheduled it for Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2015, 06:30
Completed my interview earlier today.

Very informal, no curve balls.

The waiting game begins.....
Director
Director
Concentration: Marketing

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2015, 07:06
eek. I have mine in a couple of hours...any tips?
herostratus wrote:
Completed my interview earlier today.

Very informal, no curve balls.

The waiting game begins.....
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2015, 07:19
We mostly talked about Why MBA (and why now), Why Kellogg and how I could contribute.

Other then that I was asked:

- Proudest accomplishment and why
- What I thought were essential attributes of a leader
- Describe a time when your team/ co-workers disagreed with you
- Personal interests

I think the main thing the interviewer wanted to see was if I fit into Kellogg and my motivation for wanting to attend Kellogg.

Good luck!
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2015, 16:19
Had my interview! Went pretty well i think - very conversational as everyone said
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2015, 18:33
Invited to interview - Tokyo
Intern
Intern
Schools: Marshall PM '18

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2015, 01:31
Skype interview probably.

I wonder to what degree does this mandatory interview offset weak essays/video essays..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 2.9

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2015, 14:29
chaine21 wrote:
People .. Guess I will be a bit out of place here as am an applicant for KELLOGG 1 year MBA (class of 2016) :roll: , but there is no thread for discussions on the same (guess due to fewer applicants )

I Have got an alum interview request today . Have a few questions :

1. What is this interview about ? PS : On reading the posts above it appears like a cool conversation to filter out the candidates further for the D-DAY !
2. Preparation strategy for the same !

Will be happy for 2-cents of advice :lol:

Cheers to all applicants for class of 2017 ! :wink:

Hi, i am also a 1Y Program applicant. I'd like to have a thread specifically discussing 1 Y Program. Do you think so?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
WE: Project Management (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2015, 23:35
neo656 wrote:
chaine21 wrote:
People .. Guess I will be a bit out of place here as am an applicant for KELLOGG 1 year MBA (class of 2016) :roll: , but there is no thread for discussions on the same (guess due to fewer applicants )

1. What is this interview about ? PS : On reading the posts above it appears like a cool conversation to filter out the candidates further for the D-DAY !

Hi
You are not out of place. This thread belongs equally to ppl applying to 1YR. If I remember correctly (from the last year's thread), the interview process is same for 1YR and 2YR applicants.

Thanks for the same Neo . 8-) .
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
WE: Project Management (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2015, 23:41
louisechang0 wrote:
chaine21 wrote:

Hi, i am also a 1Y Program applicant. I'd like to have a thread specifically discussing 1 Y Program. Do you think so?

Hey louisechang0 :)

Nice to hear from another 1Y applicant . What is your profile ?

As already welcomed by Neo guess we can share our inputs and Q's Here . Though I will welcome a separate thread as would love discussions for peer group ! :lol:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 05:51
Hi,

All who are getting interview invites, are you directly details of alum you have to get in touch with or are you supposed to call up Kellogg and set up the skype / direct interview ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V41
WE: General Management (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 06:09
At least in my case I was given the contact information of the interviewer and asked to complete the interview in the next 14 days.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 06:31
PDHAV wrote:
At least in my case I was given the contact information of the interviewer and asked to complete the interview in the next 14 days.

Same for me.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 07:06
Had my interview this past Saturday at a Starbucks. Interview was very laid back. He asked me the typical questions people have already reported on - Why MBA? Why Kellogg? Short-term, Long-Term, etc. and that lasted for probably half an hour but the next hour we talked about his experiences, and had a rather informal conversation about Kellogg and business school in general. I think it helped that he is in Consulting now and I previously was. All in all the interview lasted about an hour and a half.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 13:08
Mine was also today. And also at Starbucks. (does Kellogg have shares in Starbucks?) :-D

Echo most others who have posted on their experience - fairly laid back, few questions on my background and work experience, specifically on leadership, driving change, and why MBA.

Now for a two month wait...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 13:46
Quick question - on my application page, there is still a red cross against 'GMAT Score Reports'. I have mailed the school telling them about my alternate email id I used for testing on the GMAT and the one I have used for my application, at the start of last week. Haven't heard back from them though and of course, the red cross is still there. Is it the same with everyone for the score reports? Have those whose interviews have been set up, see this as well i.e. still awaiting score report but asked to schedule an interview?
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 13:49
showed received on mine - with the 2 dates i took it
DorkusMaximus wrote:
Quick question - on my application page, there is still a red cross against 'GMAT Score Reports'. I have mailed the school telling them about my alternate email id I used for testing on the GMAT and the one I have used for my application, at the start of last week. Haven't heard back from them though and of course, the red cross is still there. Is it the same with everyone for the score reports? Have those whose interviews have been set up, see this as well i.e. still awaiting score report but asked to schedule an interview?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 18:58
Had my interview in Singapore last Sunday. Lasted for an hour and 15 minutes. We met at a coffee shop and it was an extremely informal interview. The alum asked a lot of questions on how I work in a team - Difficult situations and difficult people and how I dealt with them. He spoke a lot about his own experiences at Kellogg and what he does now. I enjoyed the conversation. Now, the waiting game begins...
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 20:13
DorkusMaximus wrote:

I guess it doesn't really matter at this stage because it is mentioned that the official score reports are to be submitted once an applicant is awarded admission. During the application process, self reported scores suffice. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2015, 20:45
aryabhata wrote:
DorkusMaximus wrote:

I guess it doesn't really matter at this stage because it is mentioned that the official score reports are to be submitted once an applicant is awarded admission. During the application process, self reported scores suffice. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're confusing Kellogg's requirements with Booth's. Kellogg needs official GMAt score reports while Booth doesn't.
http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/programs/full-time-mba/admissions/application-process.aspx
Read the section GMAT or GRE Scores, where it is clearly stated that, "We require GMAT or GRE scores for the One-Year MBA, Two-Year MBA and MMM programs. You must report your scores by the application deadline. JD-MBA applicants can only submit a GMAT score.

Please request that official test scores are sent to Kellogg by using one of the following school codes:

Our GMAT code is 6WZ-3J-89
Our GRE code is 7921"

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 26 Jan 2015, 20:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  74   75   76   77   78  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap