GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 05:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 07:40
It's been 6 days since I sent interview appointment to interviewer, but no reply yet.
Does any one have this problem?
Director
Director
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 07:51
Mine replied the next day. Have you sent a followup email? If you have not, I recommend you do so right away. If you have, maybe send a 2nd. If you don't hear back by tomorrow, I would send a note to admissions. I recall there was a deadline to schedule these and depending on where you are, there might be some delay in finding another one.
litlong wrote:
It's been 6 days since I sent interview appointment to interviewer, but no reply yet.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 09:26
This might have been discussed to death already, but does anyone know if Kellogg sends us decisions prior to the 3/25 deadline. Can I expect an email or call telling me whether I am WL / Denied or admitted, since I gave my interview already any time soon?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 09:50
nicelystupid wrote:
This might have been discussed to death already, but does anyone know if Kellogg sends us decisions prior to the 3/25 deadline. Can I expect an email or call telling me whether I am WL / Denied or admitted, since I gave my interview already any time soon?

I don't think so. Although they did say something about "most will be notified before the final decision date"...but based on previous rounds it sounds like they all come out on the same day
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 09:54
Pottsmi1 wrote:
nicelystupid wrote:

I don't think so. Although they did say something about "most will be notified before the final decision date"...but based on previous rounds it sounds like they all come out on the same day

aha. thanks! March is sooooooo far away!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 09:59
nicelystupid wrote:
Pottsmi1 wrote:
nicelystupid wrote:

aha. thanks! March is sooooooo far away!

I hear ya, I did my interview on the 13th, over two months between!!
Manager
Manager
Do defaults save lives?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 12:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Do defaults save lives?
First-year student Rohan Rajiv is blogging once a week about important lessons he is learning at Kellogg. Read more of his posts here.

A powerful study by Goldstein and Johnson in 2003 explored the relevance of defaults in organ donation. We discussed their findings and the implications in our class on “Values based Leadership.” Most countries have big problems with organ donations due to the large gaps between the number of donors and the number who need organs. However, this graph illustrating the difference in organ donation rates in the European Union is telling.

https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/sites/decisionsciences/files/files/Johnson_Defaults.pdf

As you can see, countries like Denmark, the UK, the Netherlands and Germany average around 10% while the rest are close to a 100%. The difference? Defaults.

In the “default” countries, citizens see a checked box in the form they submit to sign their driving licenses (for example) that says they will donate their organs when they die. It is up to them to un-check the box. And, clearly, very few do. This idea has been documented in researcher Richard Thaler’s book, “Nudges,” which discusses how small nudges by policy makers can make a big difference in society. This is an example of that. And, Goldstein and Johnson’s research shows that defaults are a powerful way to influence people.

I think this research also speaks to the power of strong cultures. Strong cultures are built around defaults and the idea of “this is what people like me do.” Defaults may just be the closest shortcut to cultural change. Governments such as the UK have understood that and have been setting up “Nudge committees” to study areas where important policy can be nudged. The challenge, of course, is that people hate the government playing big brother. However, nudges and the idea of defaults are here to stay and it’ll be interesting to see how policy makers use these tools to influence us.

One such researcher who is working hard to change things is Dan Ariely. And, I am reminded of this comment from him when I interviewed him two years ago.

“I look at the whole world, and then I say, “Is this a place that is the outcome of seven billion rational people? If everybody was perfectly rational this would have been the best world imaginable. The conclusion very easily is no. In a couple of hours I’m leaving for Africa where there’s a tremendous amount of illness and poverty. There is also a tremendous amount of hope. If this world is not the outcome of seven billion rational people, maybe we can do better.

It’s true that when you look at individuals, you can say for each individual, “I wish you were more rational in some ways.” But for the planet as a whole you say “My goodness the gap between where we are and where we could be is tremendous.” There are a lot of things to improve. I think we can do much more. That’s my hope. My hope is that as we’re learning more we will improve things. Both in terms of my personal life and in terms of my outlook on the world in general, it’s a good thing.”

Rohan Rajiv is a first-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year Program. Prior to Kellogg he worked at a-connect serving clients on consulting projects across 14 countries in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. He blogs a learning every day, including his MBA Learnings series, on www.ALearningaDay.com.

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: classwork, defaults, leadership, MBA Learnings, Two-Year MBA Program, values Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 15:06
Hey guys, I had my alum interview in NY for R2 last week. Went really well and was quite conversational and pleasant. I had a question about the interview invite itself. Basically, does everyone who request an off-campus interview get one? Trying to gauge whether or not having the interview says anything positive about my candidacy. Any insights?
Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75
Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 15:56
AM76N wrote:
Hey guys, I had my alum interview in NY for R2 last week. Went really well and was quite conversational and pleasant. I had a question about the interview invite itself. Basically, does everyone who request an off-campus interview get one? Trying to gauge whether or not having the interview says anything positive about my candidacy. Any insights?

Kellogg interviews everyone (outside of Indian candidates). Did you get any oddball questions during your interview or did it mostly focus on the standard ones?
Intern
Intern
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 17:33
litlong wrote:

I would suggest sending a follow-up message or even calling your interviewer. I did both in my case and was able to successfully arrange one. Otherwise I would suggest letting Admissions know as per suggested in the interview email.

AM76N wrote:

Based on my reading of previous year threads, Kellogg tries to interview everyone and typically reviews applications only after interview reports are submitted. Waivers are issued because Admissions would like to go ahead to evaluate the candidate before the interview because there are limited alumni available in the candidate's area. Invites after a waiver is issued is a positive sign, otherwise try not to think too much about it.

jessepinkman wrote:
Kellogg interviews everyone (outside of Indian candidates). Did you get any oddball questions during your interview or did it mostly focus on the standard ones?

It really depends on the personality of the alumnus. At the end of the day they have to fill out an interview report. As a candidate your only fear is that the alumnus may not have sufficient details to champion your candidacy even if they wanted to.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 20:28
litlong wrote:

After 7 days of no reply to my email from alumnus, I sent him a text message (which was provided to me by Kellogg in the very same email in which they told me who my interviewer was). Appears that my email went to his junk folder.
So my advice is that you send the guy a text 'coz he might not have received your email in his inbox.

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GRE 1: Q161 V160
GPA: 3.89

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Jan 2015, 06:26
I am applying to the Kellogg MMM program. Submitted 1/6, Received interview 1/8 and completed the interview in NYC on 1/22.

The interview was almost too easy. No curve ball questions. Almost more of a conversation than a strict interview. Interview was at a Starbucks and lasted 35 minutes. (alum was not a Kellogg MMM)

Since it was so easy, it leads me to believe that these don't hold very much weight. Probably just making sure you can speak clearly, can show up on time and don't look like a bum.

Originally posted by Casey10026 on 23 Jan 2015, 06:20.
Last edited by Casey10026 on 23 Jan 2015, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2015, 06:23
Casey10026 wrote:
I am applying to the Kellogg MMM program. Submitted 1/6, Received interview 1/8 and completed the interview in NYC on 1/23.

The interview was almost too easy. No curve ball questions. Almost more of a conversation than a strict interview. Interview was at a Starbucks and lasted 35 minutes. (alum was not a Kellogg MMM)

Since it was so easy, it leads me to believe that these don't hold very much weight. Probably just making sure you can speak clearly, can show up on time and don't look like a bum.

lol, yea I know Kellogg is big on "fit", so I think a fair amount goes into whether they think you would be a good teammate and what not
Current Student
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2015, 08:51
Casey10026 wrote:
I am applying to the Kellogg MMM program. Submitted 1/6, Received interview 1/8 and completed the interview in NYC on 1/22.

Ahhhh, I'm so envious of how easy it is for you guys to get interviewed. Being an Indian applicant to Kellogg is just frustrating. Waiver? No waiver? Invite following waiver? The wait is endless.

But as a fellow MMM applicant, it sounds like your interview went smoothly, hope that means good things to come!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Jan 2015, 13:14
Invited to interview ,Indian applicant, Off campus/Alumni interview

Originally posted by mba7102 on 23 Jan 2015, 09:47.
Last edited by mba7102 on 23 Jan 2015, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
WE: General Management (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2015, 10:27
Little weird. I got an email again to schedule my Interview. I got the same 2 days back as well.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
WE: Project Management (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2015, 10:31
People .. Guess I will be a bit out of place here as am an applicant for KELLOGG 1 year MBA (class of 2016) :roll: , but there is no thread for discussions on the same (guess due to fewer applicants )

I Have got an alum interview request today . Have a few questions :

1. What is this interview about ? PS : On reading the posts above it appears like a cool conversation to filter out the candidates further for the D-DAY !
2. Preparation strategy for the same !

Will be happy for 2-cents of advice :lol:

Cheers to all applicants for class of 2017 ! :wink:
Manager
Manager
Kellogg, McCormick students win Chinese case competition  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2015, 14:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg, McCormick students win Chinese case competition
Kellogg Two-Year students Rochelle Hua and Cindy Ye, along with McCormick graduate student Kevin Shi, all ’15, took top honors at the Suzhou New District, technological innovation and entrepreneurship leader competition last month. The team won $5 million yuan (RMB) — or more than $800,000 in U.S. dollars — in cash and prizes for co-founding a food and nutrition startup in Suzhou, a major city in the Jiangsu province of Eastern China.

The startup, Kosmode Biotechnology Co., Ltd., focuses on commercializing food science technologies for general consumer use. Their first proposed product is a cranberry-based supplement that would help cure urinary tract infections.

Hua thanked Clinical Professor of Marketing Tim Calkins — and his biomedical marketing class — for providing the inspiration to develop the startup.

“I truly value my Kellogg experience,” said Hua, who spent five years working in the food and nutrition field — including a stint at Abbott — prior to Kellogg. “I am here to learn and apply it in a market that flourishes. The award is an affirmation.”

LATE NIGHTS AND HARD WORK YIELD SUCCESS

Prior to Kellogg, Ye was an analyst and later associate for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, where she focused on the food and beverage industry. Shi, who is the startup’s CEO, founded a number of lean startups before pursuing a Masters in Information Technology. Shi is also a member of the Kellogg Entrepreneurship Organization.

The team came together in March 2014 and submitted an 86-page business plan to the competition one month later. “There were definitely many late nights and lots of hard work,” said Shi. “But it’s great fun to visualize our ideas into tables, graphs and of course prototype products.”

Last September, the team traveled to Suzhou to give a final presentation on Kosmode to a number of veteran entrepreneurs and venture capitalists. In December, the team learned they beat out more than 2,600 teams to take the top spot.

With the win, Kosmode received $1 million yuan in cash, $2 million in government investment and $2 million in low interest loans. “Winning the competition is the first step, and we have many more steps to go,” said Ye. “But with the Kellogg experience, I appreciate teamwork a lot more.”

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: Case Competition, competition, entrepreneurship, Kellogg Entrepreneur's Organization, Startup, Tim Calkins, Two-Year MBA Program Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2015, 04:00
chaine21 wrote:
People .. Guess I will be a bit out of place here as am an applicant for KELLOGG 1 year MBA (class of 2016) :roll: , but there is no thread for discussions on the same (guess due to fewer applicants )

I Have got an alum interview request today . Have a few questions :

1. What is this interview about ? PS : On reading the posts above it appears like a cool conversation to filter out the candidates further for the D-DAY !
2. Preparation strategy for the same !

Will be happy for 2-cents of advice :lol:

Cheers to all applicants for class of 2017 ! :wink:

Hi
You are not out of place. This thread belongs equally to ppl applying to 1YR. If I remember correctly (from the last year's thread), the interview process is same for 1YR and 2YR applicants.

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2015, 04:02
Mofs4ebs wrote:
Little weird. I got an email again to schedule my Interview. I got the same 2 days back as well.

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, Happened with me too. Just letting it pass as I have already scheduled the interview.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! &nbs [#permalink] 24 Jan 2015, 04:02

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  73   74   75   76   77  ...  105    Next  [ 2093 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap