Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V45
WE:Brand Management (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.55
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 ! [#permalink]
trivium wrote:
So here's my explanation after rereading the thread and piecing the data together with info I've gathered from friends and colleagues who work in college admissions:

A Video Essay date change seems to occur each time a profile is accessed (I don't like the pool theory). This is a glitch in the system. We know there is also automated access since people report changes en masse at 8:15 every morning. Once an application is in the ding pile, there's no reason for an adcomm to look at it ever again. On the other hand, data from the admit pile (but not waitlist) would need be collected. A former adcomm I know explained that statistics for admitted students are updated on a daily basis, since these figures feed directly into the school's ratings. That means that every adcomm has in front of them an average GMAT, average GPA, % women, etc. for their accepted students pile as it stands, and this is recalculated everyday as new applicants are added to the pile. That data is crucial.

So what does the mean for us?

1. Everyone who applied will see a December date change as rejection and accepted updates are added to your application. Those who haven't should see one soon.

2. People with a daily date changes can assume they've been added to the list of admitted students. Applicants in the accepted pile have their data mined frequently, and their video essay date will change each time.

If there are waiver applicants with daily date changes, please chime in, since that would disprove my theory. But I think this will be confirmed next week.

This is definitely the theory that makes the most sense. Unfortunately, this would mean that I will likely be dinged by Kellogg. :(
Will post an update on/after 17th after having myself a good cry. :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V43
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
trivium wrote:
So here's my explanation after rereading the thread and piecing the data together with info I've gathered from friends and colleagues who work in college admissions:

A Video Essay date change seems to occur each time a profile is accessed (I don't like the pool theory). This is a glitch in the system. We know there is also automated access since people report changes en masse at 8:15 every morning. Once an application is in the ding pile, there's no reason for an adcomm to look at it ever again. On the other hand, data from the admit pile (but not waitlist) would need be collected. A former adcomm I know explained that statistics for admitted students are updated on a daily basis, since these figures feed directly into the school's ratings. That means that every adcomm has in front of them an average GMAT, average GPA, % women, etc. for their accepted students pile as it stands, and this is recalculated everyday as new applicants are added to the pile. That data is crucial.

1. Everyone who applied will see a December date change as rejection and accepted updates are added to your application. Those who haven't should see one soon.

2. People with a daily date changes can assume they've been added to the list of admitted students. Applicants in the accepted pile have their data mined frequently, and their video essay date will change each time.

If there are waiver applicants with daily date changes, please chime in, since that would disprove my theory. But I think this will be confirmed next week.

Makes a lot of sense; Likely, I am headed for another ding of the season as my video essay date has not changed from 11/20.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
My video essay date has not changed after 10/16 and going by the above theories, either there is a serious glitch with my application or I am probably the first one to be dinged.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Miles2gob4isleep wrote:
trivium wrote:

If i could bet a 100 bucks, i would bet it all on this theory! Certainly a plausible theory.

Bro's this was MY THEORY LOL; but you articulated it better ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
monkeymadness wrote:
Miles2gob4isleep wrote:
trivium wrote:

If i could bet a 100 bucks, i would bet it all on this theory! Certainly a plausible theory.

Bro's this was MY THEORY LOL; but you articulated it better ;)

Hahaha.. well, trivium did a good job explaining it to the masses ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
I thought there were multiple wavier applicants with daily date changes? That is incorrect? I remember thinking it was a bad sign that my date was changing daily with theirs.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
trivium wrote:

I like this theory! Unfortunately, I'm one of the waived candidates who has seen daily date changes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Kudos
This accepted theory means that I was dinged the first week of November on a Saturday.

Can we come up with another one? I really want to enjoy my weekend!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Has anyone's date changed to 12/12?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
downeaster wrote:
I like this theory! Unfortunately, I'm one of the waived candidates who has seen daily date changes.

Well that disproves it then. Nevermind.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
trivium wrote:
downeaster wrote:

Well that disproves it then. Nevermind.

I wouldn't count out waived applicants being given entrance this year. We are definitely seeing a bit of change in the admissions at Kellogg. And I say this as someone who, if your theory is correct, would be dinged.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
downeaster wrote:
trivium wrote:

Are you a re-applicant? If so, were you interviewed last year? It is very unlikely that someone gets an admit without some form of interview - skype or in-person.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:

I wouldn't count out waived applicants being given entrance this year. We are definitely seeing a bit of change in the admissions at Kellogg. And I say this as someone who, if your theory is correct, would be dinged.

Would they admit someone without an interview? I think that's unprecedented.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q800 V650
Send PM
To add to the confusion, my date changed from 11/17 to 12/11 late last night.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
It's interesting to see that a lot of Kellogg applicants also applied to Duke. They definitely draw the same crowd.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
jasminea12 wrote:
Has anyone's date changed to 12/12?

not mine
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158