Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Kellogg School of Management - Class of 2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Could someone from the Delhi round of interviews post their interview questions and thoughts/suggestions ?
thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
martel6 wrote:
Just to answer some questions that I've read in the past few pages:

1. Alum highly recommended applicants doesn't mean auto acceptance although it does improve your chances. Remember alum interviewers do not get to read your application. They can only recommend base on their meeting with you. Acceptance is based on the complete application package which includes your interview

2. Do no worry about whether your interviewer will send in the results. Kellogg will track them down for it so no need to bother the adcom about it.

3. Status most likely won't change base on if you interviewed or not

4. If you feel like your interview didn't go well then pray for the best. Generally good interviews doesn't guarantee you'll get in but a bad one can definitely keep you out.

Best of luck to all applications.

+1 to that. cheers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Do we know if Kellogg admits some applicants without an interview? I remember reading that this is not the case, which means that we need to hear about interviews in a week or two or it's a sure ding.

Is this correct?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
shekmba wrote:
Do we know if Kellogg admits some applicants without an interview? I remember reading that this is not the case, which means that we need to hear about interviews in a week or two or it's a sure ding.

Is this correct?

As far as I know, Kellogg rarely admits applicants w/o interview (at least phone interview). As Kellogg values the interpersonal skills of the applicant so it makes no sense for them to admit ppl w/o knowing his/her communication skills. If you receive a waiver, no worry, just wait, they will hook you into the loop once they have interests after reading your package.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
omnivorous wrote:
shekmba wrote:

Is this correct?

As far as I know, Kellogg rarely admits applicants w/o interview (at least phone interview). As Kellogg values the interpersonal skills of the applicant so it makes no sense for them to admit ppl w/o knowing his/her communication skills. If you receive a waiver, no worry, just wait, they will hook you into the loop once they have interests after reading your package.

I concur with your understanding. Purpose of the interview can be a combination of a few or all factors of the following:

1. Seek greater understanding: The leadership essay is supplemented by kellogg interview question " what is your leadership style"
2. Comunication Skills, and also ascertain whether you wrote your essays. for example if you talk in very long sentences and have an average command over english, it'd be weird if your essays are sublimely crisp and the vocab shakespearean.
3. Your motivation & enthusiasm levels, how you carry yourself in a one-on-one conversation. If they find something very interesting and unique in your app which is surfaceal, they might wanto dig deep in the interview.
4. Similar marketing message as your essays convey.
5. Fit.
6. Some Alums may ask you other schools you're looking at. And try and evaluate how you think. For example if your essays mention you're looking at PE and you have strong quantitative skills, it'd be perhaps questionable to say, "besides Kellogg, I've applied to Cornell UCLA and Ross"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Seems everyone from India has been matched with an alum for an interview.. Am I the only one left out :roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Golfer wrote:
I concur with your understanding. Purpose of the interview can be a combination of a few or all factors of the following:

1. Seek greater understanding: The leadership essay is supplemented by kellogg interview question " what is your leadership style"
2. Comunication Skills, and also ascertain whether you wrote your essays. for example if you talk in very long sentences and have an average command over english, it'd be weird if your essays are sublimely crisp and the vocab shakespearean.
3. Your motivation & enthusiasm levels, how you carry yourself in a one-on-one conversation. If they find something very interesting and unique in your app which is surfaceal, they might wanto dig deep in the interview.
5. Fit.
6. Some Alums may ask you other schools you're looking at. And try and evaluate how you think. For example if your essays mention you're looking at PE and you have strong quantitative skills, it'd be perhaps questionable to say, "besides Kellogg, I've applied to Cornell UCLA and Ross"

I agree with all your points except no. 2.
Not to nitpick, but Kellogg interviews are blind. Ad com members, students or alums who interview applicants have access only to your resume. While the interviewer is obviously asked to assess communication & interpersonal skills, nobody really goes back to check if the interviewer said that you spoke in long sentences while your sentences in the essays were crisp. Everyone knows that essays go through several revisions to make them as compelling as possible, hence equating the two is meaningless.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
scorpionz wrote:
Golfer wrote:

5. Fit.

I agree with all your points except no. 2.
Not to nitpick, but Kellogg interviews are blind. Ad com members, students or alums who interview applicants have access only to your resume. While the interviewer is obviously asked to assess communication & interpersonal skills, nobody really goes back to check if the interviewer said that you spoke in long sentences while your sentences in the essays were crisp. Everyone knows that essays go through several revisions to make them as compelling as possible, hence equating the two is meaningless.

Maybe, it possibly applies to other schools more than to Kellogg's blind interview and interview everyone policy.

Anyhow, How was your interview?
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
yashkhandelwal wrote:
Seems everyone from India has been matched with an alum for an interview.. Am I the only one left out :roll:

You are not the only one. I am in the same boat with my fingers tightly crossed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
kidchaos wrote:
yashkhandelwal wrote:

You are not the only one. I am in the same boat with my fingers tightly crossed.

+1
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
So I had my interview with an alum earlier today. He had called me to his workplace. I reached 15 minutes early and the interview started bang on time. Lasted around 40-45 minutes. About 35-40 minutes for the interviewer's questions and about 5 minutes for my questions..

None of the "walk me through your resume" or "tell me about yourself" stuff. He had gone through my resume and already had his questions ready on his shiny iPad..

1. Why MBA? You seem to be doing really well in your job and earning bucket loads of money so why spend two years without work?
2. Why Kellogg?
3. Why Consulting? (that's my STG)
4. Why technology post MBA, why not something else like manufacturing, finance?
5. What have you learnt from your leadership experiences about yourself that you did not know earlier?
6. What do you think are the critical attributes required to ensure that a team runs like a well oiled machine? What should a good leader ensure?
7. What are the biggest risks you have taken personally & professionally?
8. What are your top work-related achievements?
9. A few questions related to my family, hometown and why I don't work at my hometown (where my parents are)
10. Questions for the interviewer. I had 4-5 questions ready so that helped.

That was pretty much it..It was quite conversational. He did not touch upon my college life at all. Very few passing references here & there. All questions were almost exclusively directed towards my professional life. He did not give away anything by way of his expressions, so can't say how it went.

At the end of the interview he briefly explained what the process going forward would be like. I did not grasp something here entirely. He said something to the effect that interviewers are given an optional questionnaire to fill up which he would be doing so for me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad!! We said our courteous goodbyes and I was out!

Now the painful wait till December 19 begins...I have precisely 32 days now to over-analyze my interview and replay it in my head a thousand times!! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
R2 applicant here. Any tips that R1 applicants can share?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
LSEguy wrote:
R2 applicant here. Any tips that R1 applicants can share?

Thanks!

I'd take all advice from R1 applicants with a grain of salt until you figure out who actually gets accepted.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
scorpionz wrote:
Now the painful wait till December 19 begins...I have precisely 32 days now to over-analyze my interview and replay it in my head a thousand times!! :)

I am pretty sure they will start issuing admits well before December 19.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Ohhhhh...How I hate this wait
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mumbai247 wrote:

Seriously, it's high time they communicated something to the "waived" applicants. Just a month to go for decisions.
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
mumbai247 wrote:

It would be better if I had got an invite to interview. :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  97   
Moderators: