GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Apr 2019, 17:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2016, 09:44
Hi gautam,
Did you apply?

Anyone else applied and had interviews

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 570 Q46 V23
GPA: 3.93
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 10:04
Hi All,

I have benefited from this forum and now time to give back. I have just got my admission to Mannheim MBA (in addition to previous admission to HHL). If anyone has any question or needs any clarification, I will be happy to assist.

If someone else has already been admitted, would be great to catch up.

Cheers,
Tahseen
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.44

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 10:39
TahseenZada wrote:
Hi All,

I have benefited from this forum and now time to give back. I have just got my admission to Mannheim MBA (in addition to previous admission to HHL). If anyone has any question or needs any clarification, I will be happy to assist.

If someone else has already been admitted, would be great to catch up.

Cheers,
Tahseen

Tahseen can you please tell us about your background, your gmat score, work exp, and interviews. Also which college will you join among the 2?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 10:51
I have 10 years of experience in Sales and Marketing, B.Sc. was in Telecommunication Engineering. GMAT was not as good (570). I have great work experience (progressive career in multinationals) and have great international exposure. I think that was compensated the weak GMAT. I am going with Mannheim.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GRE 1: Q167 V146

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2016, 21:23
Hello Tahseen,
Great to have you on board in Mannheim. Did you already paid your first installment or you still wait for another school?
Can you share a little bit about your admission experience here?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2016, 13:17
Application process is quite straightforward. I went through 2 interviews. The first was with Gabriele focusing on goals of post MBA and drill into the skills and professional experience plus the motives for doing an MBA. The second was with the program director and a career advice officer and it focused on the case study, which I received a couple of weeks prior to the interview, and again on the main skills I possess and what I have been doing in my career. Each interview last around 45 mins. I finished the first interview and after a week did the second interview. I got the offer few days after. Very simple and straight to the point. I applied to 2 schools only and got in for both and I am choosing Mannheim. If any more details required, I am happy to help.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2016, 08:56
kimtaeyeon89 wrote:
Hello Tahseen,
Great to have you on board in Mannheim. Did you already paid your first installment or you still wait for another school?
Can you share a little bit about your admission experience here?

I just saw that you got admitted to MBS yourself too. Have you accepted the offer? If so, let's get in touch.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Mannheim"18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 26 Dec 2016, 22:45
Hi All. Got admitted to Mannheim in December. I've applied for 3 schools: WHU, Mannheim and HEC Paris. Got accepted to both, 50% scholarship at WHU, none at Mannheim, and still waiting to hear from Paris (Jan 1 deadline). Mannheim Application was quite breezy, and would be happy to answer questions about the application. Will be sending signed contract back to Gabrielle within the week, and will pay the fee very early next year. Bit about me: Southeast Asian, 3 years something experience, international projects in China and Australia, work for a German Automotive company in Accounting Systems, GMAT 690.

Originally posted by Syg03 on 26 Dec 2016, 22:33.
Last edited by Syg03 on 26 Dec 2016, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2016, 22:41
raarun wrote:
Hi there,
Welcome gautam.
I am not qualified to review your profile.however what i can say is you have a very diverse merchant navy bakground that will interest a lot of business schools.we can always help each others with the application.have you or anyone started the application ?if so are we supposed to respond to the essay questions only in the 4 or 5 lines present in the application form

-Arun

Hi Arun, not sure if you've already submitted your application, but I'll share how I wrote mine. For 2 parts, I just wrote my answer right away, but the other two, I had to write them in a different document (word), and then merged it at the end of the application form. I just wrote "answer on page __ on this application" on the lines provided.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2016, 23:08
Congrats to all admits! Wanted to know how generous is Mannheim in awarding scholarships. Could admitted folks tell us how much money they have been offered by the school?
B
Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2016, 00:05
Hi Syg03,
Congratulations on your admit to Mannheim. Lets keep in touch until we meet in Mannheim, or before we start our class?
Regarding the scholarship, do you have any new information that are not listed on the website?

Hi Narenn,
Regarding the scholarship from the school, as mentioned on their website, there are only three kinds of scholarship and the selection process will due on mid June. The scholarships are
- Scholarship for the Most Outstanding Candidate : EUR 7000. Required high GMAT score and minimum B2 level of German Certificate. Awarded to only ONE candidate.
- Scholarship for the Excellent Candidate : EUR 1000-2000. Required high GMAT score. Based on my verbal discussion with the adcoms, you need to have minimum 650 to be considered for the scholarship. Limited recipients.
- Scholarship for Women Candidates : EUR 1000-2000. For women only and have proven track record in business and social commitments. Limitied recipients.

I know that Mannheim is not generous on the scholarship even if you have high GMAT score, so keep that in mind when you apply to this school. I did not know about scholarship from another institutions such as DAAD or Federal Government, but for students from my country, the DAAD did not give any scholarship for MBA students at Mannheim :( :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2016, 09:23
Narenn wrote:
Congrats to all admits! Wanted to know how generous is Mannheim in awarding scholarships. Could admitted folks tell us how much money they have been offered by the school?

Thanks Narenn! As KTY said, Mannheim isn't really big on scholarships and the reason behind this is that they're already offering their program at a really low rate as opposed to other European MBAs. At least that's what Gabrielle says, and it's ranked 9th for value of money. But they do offer three scholarships, as discussed in detail by KTY.

KTY,

Thanks again! I sent you my details. Nope. No scholarships I know of from Mannheim aside from the three. Gabby made that clear from the first interview. Scholarship I mentioned about was from WHU for the GMAT thing. They have quite a number of scholarships.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2016, 09:28
Syg03 wrote:
Narenn wrote:

Thanks Narenn! As KTY said, Mannheim isn't really big on scholarships and the reason behind this is that they're already offering their program at a really low rate as opposed to other European MBAs. At least that's what Gabrielle says, and it's ranked 9th for value of money. But they do offer three scholarships, as discussed in detail by KTY.

KTY,

Thanks again! I sent you my details. Nope. No scholarships I know of from Mannheim aside from the three. Gabby made that clear from the first interview. Scholarship I mentioned about was from WHU for the GMAT thing. They have quite a number of scholarships.

Congrats for getting admitted at MBS, we are three now. Let's catch up then.

Out of curiosity, why are you choosing MBS over WHU although you got 50% scholarship at WHU?

Talk to you soon,

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2016, 12:09
TahseenZada wrote:
Syg03 wrote:
Narenn wrote:

KTY,

Out of curiosity, why are you choosing MBS over WHU although you got 50% scholarship at WHU?

Talk to you soon,

Hello! Thanks! Congrats to you as well.

Hmmm. Why Mannheim? It's ranked higher than WHU, and my boss from Germany said I should go for Mannheim because it holds a better name to employers in Germany. It could be biased, the rankings could be flawed, so it was purely out of gut feeling lol
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2016, 12:34
Syg03 wrote:
TahseenZada wrote:
Syg03 wrote:
[quote="Narenn"]Congrats to all admits! Wanted to know how generous is Mannheim in awarding scholarships. Could admitted folks tell us how much money they have been offered by the school?

KTY,

Talk to you soon,

Hello! Thanks! Congrats to you as well.

Hmmm. Why Mannheim? It's ranked higher than WHU, and my boss from Germany said I should go for Mannheim because it holds a better name to employers in Germany. It could be biased, the rankings could be flawed, so it was purely out of gut feeling lol[/quote]

That sounds great then. Thanks. Do send me you contact so we get in touch before the course starts.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 11:24
Hi everyone,

I have been admitted to Mannheim as well for the class of 2018 and I am going ahead with the same. Would like to be in touch with prospective students and the future class.

Congratulations to all others who have got the admit!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 16:50
Hello harsh.kayan,

Congratulations for your admit. Welcome aboard to Mannheim Class of 2018. There are several admitted students who are active in this forum and feel free to contact them.
Could you help us to update your school status to admitted to Mannheim? and if you are already decide to matriculate, change it to matriculating?

We also keen to know your background, work experience and why do you choose Mannheim as your school. And also if you can share your admission experience, it would be beneficial to everyone looking in this forum.

Once again, congratulations on your admit. We look forward to communicate with you.

Cheers mate, KTY
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2016, 20:35
So, I have decided to enroll at Mannheim and so matriculating..

Little about me, 6 years of work ex in industrial real estate as an entrepreneur within a family business setup in India. Also exposure in Indian Stock Markets as a stock broker. Previously had finished my education in the UK at the University of Manchester and the University of Cambridge with an internship in London in a sovereign wealth fund. I have a 320 on the GRE and good recos.

So why Germany for the MBA and why Mannheim. Germany due to a mix of strong value for money, great product based economy, language skills can be developed (social and cultural gain), great post work visa and travelling and living in Europe. Mannheim because it is the best in class. I have admits from the top 4 German MBA schools and had no hesitation before choosing Mannheim.

Admission Experience- its a longer process than some other schools which I appreciate as they want to know you better and assess your personality apart from what is apparent on paper. Hence the video essay and two interviews. The process seemed pretty easy assuming they are no major mistakes at any step from the applicant. Although for future applicants I would encourage to apply early as the selectivity might increase a lot in coming months due to the small class size.

That apart, I am excited to study in a baroque palace in a very fine region in Germany and am at peace with Mannheim as my choice.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2016, 04:58
WoW great guys.
Congratulations and my best wishes for all the admits!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 07:34
Hi raarun,
How is your application. I think the office has been opened and they start working on the application again. Is there any updates on your admission process??

Wish you best luck for your admission process.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2017, 07:34

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 71 posts ] 

Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap