It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 01:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 17:58
Which are interview dates in Delhi ? I also received interview invite yesterday ( location London) .

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 20:28
Got my invite an hour ago!
Good luck to all.[/quote]

Cool!! good luck - Did you also book Delhi slot?[/quote]
London

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 23:36
SloanFellowsAndMe wrote:
SloanFellowsAndMe wrote:
nitinsharma1212 wrote:
As per adcom - Some interview invitations went out on Friday; more will come out this week. If you are not going to be invited for an interview you should find out this week as well.

Thanks for the update?

Got my invite an hour ago!
Good luck to all.

Congratulations and good luck..
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 00:25
Dear Round 1 applicant admitted,

Can you share interview experience?
(Questionnaire, Process, Length of time....)

This is my first MBA interview....
Any tips welcomed
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 01:42
Hi, Anyone from London got the invite? I have applied in Round 2 on 4th Dec. I haven't received any yet. Are we expecting any more letter to be sent today / tomorrow?
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 02:58
This post received
KUDOS
Magician001 wrote:
Dear Round 1 applicant admitted,

Can you share interview experience?
(Questionnaire, Process, Length of time....)

This is my first MBA interview....
Any tips welcomed

Congratulations..

I was interviewed in Cambridge by an admission team member. It was straightforward but professionally detailed. Walk me through your resume, why this job, why that job?! why sloan fellows in particular? how did you know about the program? what was the toughest situation have you ever encountered (professionally) and how did you react? how will you fund your study? how will the program help you progress in your career? What is your most important learning objective out of the program?

This is what I do remember for now,... my advise is to be yourself, straightforward, clear and realistic expectations from the program.. avoid confusion between career goals out of the traditional full time MBA programs and this special program...

I wish you the best, keep the spirit high,, be optimistic and you will get in... it is a superb program with exceptional reputation..since they invite you, they believe in your quality..
good luck..
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 03:07
thank you very much.
it is helpful to prepare interview.

hope to see you this year at Sloan program.

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 03:56
Any inputs on the pre interview essay, its quite vague , diversity on campus etc ..
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 04:04
Thank you very much. Hoping for the best.

Regards,

SloanFellow19 wrote:
hirennc wrote:
Hi,

I am from India. I submitted my application on 4th Dec, 2017 and got an interview invite 6 th Jan. I have scheduled the interview on 25th Jan in Delhi - India.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Hiren

congratulations !! well deserved.. wish you the best of luck..be optimistic and keep the spirit high.. you will get in..
obviously, the invitation is a positive sign..
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 04:09
I had the option for slots on 24th and 25th Jan in Delhi

Ash2018 wrote:
Which are interview dates in Delhi ? I also received interview invite yesterday ( location London) .

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 04:30
Grumbet wrote:
Thanks for sharing all the best for your interview

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant GMAT Club Forum

Thank you. Hoping for the best.

Regards,
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 04:30
This post received
KUDOS
@sloanfellow 19 thx very for your feedback about the interview

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 08:50
Hello All,
Wish you the very best for your interviews.
Do we know of any statistics for :
- How many applicants were there for R2
- how many have received their interview calls
- Also what was the conversion ratio of R1 from applications > Interview calls > Admits

Thanks all for your inputs and help and Kudos to SloanFellow19 for being helpful and sharing insights!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 17:20
Have MIT started sending rejection emails..I have not rcvd anything from adcom... Only mails I am getting from MIT is promotion stuff...Any idea when will they send the feedback...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 23:48
There is a pin drop silence in the group... anyone has any update.. please share
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
WE: Brand Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2018, 23:52
NattySingh wrote:
There is a pin drop silence in the group... anyone has any update.. please share

In the same boat - getting promo mails. Has anyone from MEA gotten a call?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 00:08
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys , why don’t you send your profile to the adcom through the introduce yourself process they use. If they think you are fit to their program , they will call you and your process for an interview will be smoother. My experience is that the adcom digs into your online name presence and in social media such as your Linkedin profile ( unsure of twitter and FB). This program is different from others in this respect and focuses more on work ex and it’s uniqueness to make a suitable application

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 01:22
Hello guys,

Just one important note: in the essays and the interview, it is very important to avoid the confusion in the targeted career goals out of the program. As far as I know, many good candidates got the rejection mainly because of this point, they state career goals quite similar to the ones usually stated in applications for the traditional MBA programs.. for example, if you say you wanna change from manufacturing to consulting, from consulting to banking, and you state that the way early career people state it, it is a red flag that you don't really understand the Sloan Fellows and/or you apply just because it is MIT. Also, it indicates that you use the same template of application and essays for several programs that you are applying for. Having said that, many people change the three of geography, industry, and/or function immediately after finishing the Sloan Fellows program, but the admission committee does not want to fill in the remaining 30% (self funded) slots with traditional, early career applicants. (Roughly 50% of the class size for sponsored, 20% entrepreneurs or family business, and 30% are self funded)..
If I'd say, make the goals are related to desire of personal development, leadership evolution, learning from an experienced classmates, taking a pause from the "hamster" life to reflect, ...etc. and add some practicality in it like dealing with multicultural environments, solving problems in managing global businesses, exposure to latest research in business and technology, ... things like that.. try to have a personal story and touches .. get the adcom attention and curiosity..

wish you all the best..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 02:17
There are probably many reasons for which one couldn't be selected, even after the screening call and everything. Just curious why they didn't send the rejects yet if the invites were sent.

Best of luck to all who were invited for the interview.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 06:33
This post received
KUDOS
to those haven't got anything from adcom: Be positive! I know endless waiting is uncomfortable. However, that also means you are still in the game!! So, just go back to normal life and pay just a little bit attention on your mailbox. Maybe in the near future, an invitation will arrive. Cheers!!

Last edited by fourleaf on 11 Jan 2018, 07:36, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2018, 06:33

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  27    Next  [ 533 posts ] 

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap