It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 10:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 79
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Insurance)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 13:38
theduzzi813 wrote:
I got a rejection w/o an interview. I applied 10/15. I checked my status manually, and I did not receive an email notifying me. I'm pretty disappointed given that I thought that I would be a great fit for Stern. Time to re-assess my options . . .


sorry to hear the news. Is this the site where I'd see an status update? I'm expecting the same outcome but confused on where the status will show. Thank you
Attachments

stern.png
stern.png [ 27.36 KiB | Viewed 1492 times ]

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GRE 1: 331 Q167 V164
GPA: 3.89
WE: Law (Law)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 13:41
Gianfranco2014 wrote:
theduzzi813 wrote:
I got a rejection w/o an interview. I applied 10/15. I checked my status manually, and I did not receive an email notifying me. I'm pretty disappointed given that I thought that I would be a great fit for Stern. Time to re-assess my options . . .


sorry to hear the news. Is this the site where I'd see an status update? I'm expecting the same outcome but confused on where the status will show. Thank you


Yes, I saw an update just above the Upload Materials.

My Quant score was low, so I think that a re-take is in store before/during Round 2. I also have an interesting trajectory that I think needs more attention and explanation in my essays. I could also prep the people completing my recommendations better.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 79
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Insurance)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 13:43
theduzzi813 wrote:
Gianfranco2014 wrote:
theduzzi813 wrote:
I got a rejection w/o an interview. I applied 10/15. I checked my status manually, and I did not receive an email notifying me. I'm pretty disappointed given that I thought that I would be a great fit for Stern. Time to re-assess my options . . .


sorry to hear the news. Is this the site where I'd see an status update? I'm expecting the same outcome but confused on where the status will show. Thank you


Yes, I saw an update just above the Upload Materials.

My Quant score was low, so I think that a re-take is in store before/during Round 2. I also have an interesting trajectory that I think needs more attention and explanation in my essays. I could also prep the people completing my recommendations better.


i hear ya my quant score is also low but yeah retaking and improving the quant would give us a better shot. Best of luck on the rest of your app process and thank you for sharing
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 9
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 18:54
dLo wrote:
Ed2289 wrote:
Applied in R1 and submitted application on 10/14, just received a waitlist with no-interview notification. Bummer...

Exact same here! 10/14, WL today. oh wells. :?


Keep your head up. There is still hope. I'm devastated here. Apparently waitlists have come out here in mainland China, and I haven't heard a thing.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 21:04
lolam wrote:
dLo wrote:
Ed2289 wrote:
Applied in R1 and submitted application on 10/14, just received a waitlist with no-interview notification. Bummer...

Exact same here! 10/14, WL today. oh wells. :?


Keep your head up. There is still hope. I'm devastated here. Apparently waitlists have come out here in mainland China, and I haven't heard a thing.



Same Boat. Same Gmat. From India.

Same same, but different!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2014
Posts: 6
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 22:36
Same here. Indian applicant. Waitlisted without interview. Wondering if there are any interview invites to applicants currently in India given that they plan to interview here only around March.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 23:09
TVF wrote:
Same here. Indian applicant. Waitlisted without interview. Wondering if there are any interview invites to applicants currently in India given that they plan to interview here only around March.


yes, i know a friend (indian) who has been invited for an interview.

wait is killing me now.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 9
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 18:37
Dinged without interview. Good luck to all!
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2683
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 18:42
lolam wrote:
Dinged without interview. Good luck to all!


Sorry to hear about the decision. Do you mind sharing your profile?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 9
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 19:26
Engr2012 wrote:
lolam wrote:
Dinged without interview. Good luck to all!


Sorry to hear about the decision. Do you mind sharing your profile?


Chinese female applicant, G760, working in the legal department of an investment company
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 29
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 23:13
Waitlisted without interview. Bummer.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2015
Posts: 12
Schools: Stern '18 (S)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2015, 03:43
Hi.. has anyone who applied in the 2nd round (November 15) received any updates on their application?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2015
Posts: 34
Schools: Stern '18 (S)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2015, 06:22
sanketmehta89 wrote:
Hi.. has anyone who applied in the 2nd round (November 15) received any updates on their application?


Nope
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Sep 2015
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.14
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2015, 11:07
stern2018 wrote:
sanketmehta89 wrote:
Hi.. has anyone who applied in the 2nd round (November 15) received any updates on their application?


Nope


I remember in one of prior posts that a folk who applied on 10/30/15 got an invitation in early November. That was a starting point that some R1 applicants get nervous (e.g. me). I could be wrong, but you can double check that post.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2683
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2015, 11:24
Here is the updated graph of interview invites for Stern with their respective dates for reference. This graph will automatically get updated when a person updates his/her GMATCLUB applicant status to "invited to interview".

This graph is latest as of Dec 4th 2015, 2:23 PM Eastern.


Thus, I ask all the people who get any sort of a decision (ding or interview invite) to please update the status on their respective applicant pages.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Dec 2015
Posts: 8
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2015, 10:54
Applied in R1 - Waitlisted. Based on youtube analytics, my video was not viewed (frustrating after how much work I put into it). Is there anything I can do except wait to get rejected in the Spring (per MBA guru, there is a 3% chance off the waitlist)? Really had high hopes for this one.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2683
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2015, 11:08
Thegreek2808 wrote:
Applied in R1 - Waitlisted. Based on youtube analytics, my video was not viewed (frustrating after how much work I put into it). Is there anything I can do except wait to get rejected in the Spring (per MBA guru, there is a 3% chance off the waitlist)? Really had high hopes for this one.


Thats tough! Do you mind sharing your profile and update your GMATCLUB applicant profile as well?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Dec 2015
Posts: 8
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.8
Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2015, 12:24
Engr2012 wrote:
Thegreek2808 wrote:
Applied in R1 - Waitlisted. Based on youtube analytics, my video was not viewed (frustrating after how much work I put into it). Is there anything I can do except wait to get rejected in the Spring (per MBA guru, there is a 3% chance off the waitlist)? Really had high hopes for this one.


Thats tough! Do you mind sharing your profile and update your GMATCLUB applicant profile as well?


Updated my profile. Banking; 710 GMAT; 3.8 GPA from a non-target.

Last edited by Thegreek2808 on 08 Dec 2015, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 70
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2015, 13:18
Has anyone interviewed already this season? Anything to report back about their experience?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 17
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: General Management (Retail Banking)
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2015, 03:24
Does Stern have some kind of referral program where a current student or an alumnus can sort of send an email to the adcom regarding an applicant? Has anybody here done that?
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2015, 03:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  33    Next  [ 648 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.