It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 18:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.34
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 11:18
Same here. Interviewed and got the email. I also received an email last week from someone in Ross congratulating me on receiving the interview offer. So I think it is all part of their application process. Nothing to worry about as of now. Good luck everyone!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: 334 Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 11:58
Cubsfan87 wrote:
So a decision has been made but we cant look at it for another 10 days?

I don't know about what everyone else thinks, but Ross has been the worst application experience of any school I've applied to or am working on. The application (as in the actual system that handles your information), constant tease emails, and the ultimate "we have your decision but won't tell you for a while" are just not a good experience. It reflects poorly on the school in general.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 12:22
I wasn't interviewed and received the email. I'm a certain ding; more evidence that receiving the email isn't indicative of your decision

Posted from my mobile device
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 12:38
This post received
KUDOS
alwayswaiting wrote:
Cubsfan87 wrote:

I don't know about what everyone else thinks, but Ross has been the worst application experience of any school I've applied to or am working on. The application (as in the actual system that handles your information), constant tease emails, and the ultimate "we have your decision but won't tell you for a while" are just not a good experience. It reflects poorly on the school in general.

Ross has actually been my best application experience thus far. I've found them to be really transparent about the process, and very forthright about how things are going. I really appreciate knowing that a decision has been made, and I expect that there will be a blog post in the next few days with an update as when we can expect calls to go out next week.

I'm sure many of you are checking in on the Kellogg forum as well. The mysteries around the future of interview-waived applicants and video essay date changes have made an already stressful process even more so. With that in mind, I like the fact that Ross has been so straightforward and drama-free.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.21
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 12:45
downeaster wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
Cubsfan87 wrote:

Ross has actually been my best application experience thus far. I've found them to be really transparent about the process, and very forthright about how things are going. I really appreciate knowing that a decision has been made, and I expect that there will be a blog post in the next few days with an update as when we can expect calls to go out next week.

I'm sure many of you are checking in on the Kellogg forum as well. The mysteries around the future of interview-waived applicants and video essay date changes have made an already stressful process even more so. With that in mind, I like the fact that Ross has been so straightforward and drama-free.

Agree with that, I appreciate the transparency as well as the blog. Really helps shine a little bit of light on the process.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 12:46
downeaster wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
Cubsfan87 wrote:

I would echo this, I think they've been fantastic about proactively updating and engaging with the applicant pool, and have found each interaction with them to present a very consistent image and story. Makes me feel good that decisions are made, and the next week is likely triple-checking (or more). Yeah I found their online system for the app a little less user-friendly than others, but all in all I appreciate their engagement, from my perspective has been much more than some other schools.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 13:04
I contacted some people I met at the interview that might not have rushed straight to the forums, and they got the e-mail too. I think Ross has been incredibly transparent and modern in how they interact with their applicants. This Applicant Decision e-mail 10 days in advance was scary, but better when you realize it's the same for everyone.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 13:23
Haha, now I'm starting to wonder the timing of when people received that email - if you received it in the first batch, is that a ding?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 13:30
This post received
KUDOS
Fosterizer wrote:
Haha, now I'm starting to wonder the timing of when people received that email - if you received it in the first batch, is that a ding?

You need to chill. Bro.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 15:34
patisrambo wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:

You need to chill. Bro.

lol hahaha...
Current Student
GPA: 3.89

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 16:10
I interviewed and got the email. It sounds like Ross calls people ahead of decisions being posted (12/19). Can anyone confirm that?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2014, 16:14
I've read every Soojin Kwon interview and blog post, and yes they call a couple of days before.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE: Analyst (Retail Banking)
Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:04
Hi Ross applicants, it sounds like you have your decisions coming out in the next few days. I got a request from a Ross applicant to analyze the Ross acceptance rate. It might be interesting for you to check out while waiting for your response.

Good luck!

FROM MBA Data Guru: Ross Acceptance Rate Analysis
Ross Acceptance Rate Analysis

I received a request from the0ther0n3 to analyze the Ross acceptance rate after he saw the Stern acceptance rate analysis. I had not been planning to look at Ross for a few weeks, but if you request data analysis from me, I will do my best to finish that analysis as fast as possible. I plan to post the Ross admission calculator online as soon as I have time to build that portion of the website, probably over Christmas break. In the mean time I will share some of the insights I got from building the predictive model.

Ross Acceptance Rate by GMAT
Obviously your chance of admission to Ross School of Business increases if you score higher on the GMAT. The good news is that Ross’s acceptance rate of 34% is significantly higher than almost all other business schools in the top 20. The Ross class of 2016 profile shows that the average GMAT and GPA are 702 and 3.4 respectively. The data used to create this analysis comes from GMAT Club. Of the applicants in my data set, 84% had GMAT of 700 or higher, which means that I am fairly confident about the relationship between GMAT and admissions in the 700’s but not as confident in the 600’s.

To create the graph above, I used the average GPA from my data set which is 3.42 and then shifted the GMAT score in my model. The model takes into account the interaction of GMAT, GPA, years of work experience, undergraduate major and the industry you worked in.

Ross Acceptance Rate by GPA
Next I looked at how GPA affects Ross acceptance rate. I’m sure it is not a surprised to hear that a higher GPA increases your chance of admissions at Michigan school of business. Image

Ross Acceptance Rate: GMAT vs. GPA
The real question is which is more important for raising your Ross acceptance rate, GPA or GMAT? In the graph below I compare how much the admissions rate changes if I alter the GMAT or GPA by a standard deviation. A standard deviation is a measure of variance in a population or sample. Since I can’t compare the absolute variance because GMAT and GPA are on different scales, I compare how the shift of one standard deviation impacts the Ross MBA acceptance rate.

As you can see the slope is steeper for the GMAT line. This means that Ross prefers applicants with a high GMAT over applicants with a high GPA. One standard deviation higher in GMAT increases acceptance rate by 22% while a standard deviation in GPA only increases chances of admission by 14%.

Other Ross Acceptance Rate Insights
similar to Harvard and Wharton, at Michigan the acceptance rate is noticeably lower for Indian applicants vs. non-Indian applicants, 17% vs. 41% respectively. Engineering majors have a lower chance of admission while liberal arts majors have a higher chance. Many schools are trying to increase the number of women in their program. The higher acceptance rate for liberal arts majors may reflect Ross trying to attract more women, however my data set is missing gender information. More years of work experience increases the chance of admission by around 2.5% per year. Also military applicants have a higher chance of admissions.

Good luck with your applications!

MBA Data Guru - Data and analytics that will help you in the MBA admissions process
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

MBA Data Guru Blog

Current Student
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 07:14
ConsultingOrBust wrote:
Hi Ross applicants, it sounds like you have your decisions coming out in the next few days. I got a request from a Ross applicant to analyze the Ross acceptance rate. It might be interesting for you to check out while waiting for your response.

Good luck!

Interesting analysis - thanks for putting this together!

Does this take into account if you've been invited to interview? Might be interested to see the acceptance rates across GMATs / GPAs for those who have been interviewed.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 08:43
Unfortunately, GMATCLUB isn't great for data as far as interviews and acceptance and whatnot I'd think.
http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2011/12/ ... igans-ross is a good source, but just anecdotal.

I think GPA/GMAT matters more pre-interview than post - likely an early screen.

What percentage of interviewed applicants are accepted?

A high percentage, maybe 70%. I don’t know off the top of my head. Well, we try to interview people who are going to be wait listed as well so we get those assessments in advance. Those in round one who get waitlisted may stack up higher against those applicants in round two. So it’s nice to have already completed the interview.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 10:35
ConsultingOrBust wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks for the link! I appreciate what you have done and made available to us on this forum!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GRE 1: 327 Q165 V162
GPA: 3.09
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 12:37
solid email mea culpa

Yesterday an email was sent to all Round 1 applicants indicating that decisions had been posted. That email was sent in error. The Committee is still in the process of reviewing applications. Final decisions will be posted on Friday, December 19, 2014 at 12:00 PM EST.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 13:05
automaddock wrote:
solid email mea culpa

Yesterday an email was sent to all Round 1 applicants indicating that decisions had been posted. That email was sent in error. The Committee is still in the process of reviewing applications. Final decisions will be posted on Friday, December 19, 2014 at 12:00 PM EST.

Wow, that is a pretty big mistake. Although not as nearly as bad as when Fordham told 2,500 rejected applicants that they were accepted.

MBA Data Guru Blog

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GRE 1: 327 Q165 V162
GPA: 3.09
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 13:09
ConsultingOrBust wrote:
automaddock wrote:
solid email mea culpa

Wow, that is a pretty big mistake. Although not as nearly as bad as when Fordham told 2,500 rejected applicants that they were accepted.

haha yes...i would agree with you for sure
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2014, 13:29
This post received
KUDOS
downeaster wrote:
ConsultingOrBust wrote:

Good luck!

Interesting analysis - thanks for putting this together!

Does this take into account if you've been invited to interview? Might be interested to see the acceptance rates across GMATs / GPAs for those who have been interviewed.

The original analysis did not take into account if you had been interviewed. However ask and you will receive. Here is acceptance rate by GMAT / GPA for those interviewed at Ross.

Good luck everyone, business school is awesome.

MBA Data Guru Blog

Re: Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 10 Dec 2014, 13:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  58    Next  [ 1160 posts ] 

Calling all ROSS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap