GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 13:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 02:28
Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 13:46
ankit.trivedi06@gmail.com wrote:
Received interview invite yesterday for R2.....scheduled for 9th Jan 2017

Can anyone who already have their interviews done share their interview experience? Would help R2 applicants.

Hi congratulations on your interview invite!
My interview laster for a little over 45 minutes. That was completely unexpected from the previous interview experiences I had read about on the GMAT forums for Smeal.
There weren't any questions out of the usual set.
Walk me through your resume
Why MBA why now
WHY SMEAL - be sure you know the college inside out and you have a compelling reason for joining smeal. They really really care about fit!
Ethical Dilemma. What did you do and what did you learn
What are your expectations from the career services
Tell me about your leadership style
How will you contribute to smeal in the classroom
Tell me about a challenging situation where you succeeded and one where you failed.
What do you do for fun.

Now these questions would probably be done in 30 minutes. But the thing is, because they care so much about fit, you can expect a follow up question on almost everything you say. Know your resume inside out. You should know why you put in what you have on your resume and what you learnt from the accomplishments you have listed. It was a very friendly and conversational interview where i could really tell that the interviewer was interested in knowing more about me.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 20:26
SCrimson wrote:
Admitted with Fellowship! :D
hi, when did you have the interview? I don't get further information till now.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 23:30
mill0224 wrote:
SCrimson wrote:

I applied in the early round, so received an interview invitation in the beginning of October itself but scheduled it on 2nd Nov and got an acceptance by 9th Nov.

When did you have your interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2016, 01:35
SCrimson wrote:
mill0224 wrote:
SCrimson wrote:

I applied in the early round, so received an interview invitation in the beginning of October itself but scheduled it on 2nd Nov and got an acceptance by 9th Nov.

When did you have your interview?

Posted from my mobile device
I had the interview on Dec 12, and the interviewer told me that the decision would be sent in 2 to 3 weeks. Hope to be a good one.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2016, 00:42
Hi

I want to do my MBA in Operations Mgt. I got admits from Penn State University and Georgia Tech University. (with full scholarship in both)

Please help me decide between which of the two universities to attend for this particular specialization. I'm talking mostly in terms of the number of Job opportunities for Operations Mgt. in the Manufacturing sector or FMCG industries and also my chances of excelling there and actually landing a good job even though I have a completely software related background. (software Eng: 2.5 yrs of exp). Please note that I'm looking to switch my career completely from Software/Tech background.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

PS: I know this is not the thread for seeking advice on choosing between schools, but I've had no success on the 'Admitted' threads and I need to make a decision as soon as possible.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.31
WE: Analyst (Telecommunications)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2016, 15:21
Dinged w/o Interview.Waiting for feedback from ADCOM. Suggested for Masters of Management in Organizational Leadership

Denied without Interview on: 2016/12/20
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 690, Q50, V32
GPA: 3.31
WE: 37 months
Industry: Telecommunications
Decision Received on: 2016/12/20
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.74
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2016, 06:14
SCrimson wrote:
Hi

I want to do my MBA in Operations Mgt. I got admits from Penn State University and Georgia Tech University. (with full scholarship in both)

Please help me decide between which of the two universities to attend for this particular specialization. I'm talking mostly in terms of the number of Job opportunities for Operations Mgt. in the Manufacturing sector or FMCG industries and also my chances of excelling there and actually landing a good job even though I have a completely software related background. (software Eng: 2.5 yrs of exp). Please note that I'm looking to switch my career completely from Software/Tech background.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

PS: I know this is not the thread for seeking advice on choosing between schools, but I've had no success on the 'Admitted' threads and I need to make a decision as soon as possible.

Hey SCrimson! You might benefit from taking a look at the companies listed on each school's employment page and noting how many are in your target industries. Smeal's latest employment report shows that about 6% of grads went into consumer goods and 14% went into manufacturing. They also detail that 41% of grads go into Operations/Logistics. You could also search the web for the 2015 and 2014 reports. Scheller unfortunately doesn't have that amount of detail on their website, but they do list the companies that hire their grads, which should be helpful.

A good amount of MBAs will be changing functions and also changing industries, so I am personally not worried about that (I am changing industries and job functions, too). That said, the career services department at each school will be the group that helps you leverage your transferable skills to land good internships and eventually a post-MBA job. You could reach out to career services at each school and see if they can share any information about what makes them especially capable of helping people like us (career/industry changers).

Also, you might search the web for Gartner's report on the top 25 North American supply chain graduate university programs. It's got some interesting information about what Supply Chain VPs are looking for both in MBA grads and in university recruitment partners. This report has information about both Scheller and Smeal and speaks to how each school is viewed by operations executives in the real world.

I look forward to meeting you if you should find yourself in Happy Valley next year!

Take care.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.74
Reviews Badge
My Smeal Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2016, 23:25
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.76
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2016, 23:31
Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2016, 23:39
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2016, 01:25
Congrats to all admits!! It's time to let R2 applicants take over this thread. Separate discussion thread has been created for admitted students. Feel free to join there.
smeal-penn-state-class-of-2019-calling-all-admitted-students-231485.html#p1783038

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 15:27
So any R2 decisions out yet??? I had my interview on 9th January 2017...anxiously waiting for the results.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2017, 00:39
Hey Guys!!

No activity on this forum.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2017, 12:10
Hello applicants,

Hope your application process is going well. Congratulations to the one's who've found your schools. I am currently a student at Smeal College of Business (Class of 2018). Many of you might have questions regarding the school/ application/ at this point. Let me know if I can help with anything. Thanks!
Current Student
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE: Engineering (Other)
Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2017, 19:10
hey guys, have my interview scheduled on 27th! would love some inputs as to what is to be expected in the interview!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2017, 11:30
Interview tips for Smeal:

- Be yourself, this is not a stress test :)
- Expect general questions including, 'Tell me about yourself', 'Why MBA?', 'Why Smeal?' etc.
- A few questions will come up as a part of your answers or from your resume. So make sure you understand your resume projects and accolades well
- Do your homework on Smeal- Things that appeal to you, your interests and how you would involve
- Dress appropriately- Business formals is preferred

Should be straight forward. Good luck to you.
Current Student
B
Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 00:23
Hey Guys!! Any results for Dec 1 deadline?? Waiting for my result, interviewed on 9th Jan. Penn state page says results would be declared by Feb 1. But I have noticed on the forum that Smeal is very quick with its decisions after interview is done and this is making me anxious. I also have an admit at Texas A&M and I will have to submit my deposit to them by 31st Jan to secure my seat. But I am really inclined towards Smeal. Hope I will get a positive reply from Smeal before 31st.
Current Student
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE: Engineering (Other)

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 07:07
SmealOfficer wrote:
Interview tips for Smeal:

- Be yourself, this is not a stress test :)
- Expect general questions including, 'Tell me about yourself', 'Why MBA?', 'Why Smeal?' etc.
- A few questions will come up as a part of your answers or from your resume. So make sure you understand your resume projects and accolades well
- Do your homework on Smeal- Things that appeal to you, your interests and how you would involve
- Dress appropriately- Business formals is preferred

Should be straight forward. Good luck to you.

Thanks a lot for the insight!!
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2017, 00:08
Admitted with Fellowship!! :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2017, 00:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 117 posts ] 

Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status