GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2019, 08:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2014, 18:59
jlgdr wrote:
Hope you guys sensed the sarcasm behind my last post. Take it easy, counting the days

Good luck to everyone,

Cheers!
J :)

I got it! I think people are a little too stressed to realize the humor in aspects we can't control.
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2014, 19:13
You guys are too freakin' funny :roll:
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2014, 19:21
Don't worry, I got the sarcasm! I just wasn't sure if the other person felt sad about the page numbers and was trying to be positive.

We're going to need a lot of humor and sarcasm (and alcohol and/or junk food) to get through the next couple of months! Cheese and wine anyone?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Asset Management (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2014, 20:05
Anyone know the date range when interviews are usually released?

Best of luck everyone!
SVP
SVP
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 11:13
The website says it'll be released during a 4-5 week window between late October to late November, but I'm hoping they'll send an email with a window soon.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.99
WE: Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge
Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2014, 11:18
bml1105 wrote:
My application page changed to "In Review". No more unsubmit button!

Same here.

I am looking forward to a similar announcement on the MBA Admisison Blog to get more clarity on next steps. This is last year's announcement, posted on 3rd October 2013.

The Stanford MBA Round 1 application deadline just passed (2 October), and we are hard at work preparing applications for review. If you submitted an application, congratulations! We look forward to learning more about you. If not, we hope you'll apply in Round 2 or 3.
No matter what your application status is, we thought you'd want to know that our interview process will be slightly different. We decided to compress the interview timeline. For Round 1, this means we will issue interview invitations from 28 October through 26 November only, rather than over the entire round. We will send no invitations before 28 October or after 26 November. We expect to issue the majority of invitations by 19 November. (We hope this prevents those of you who applied in Round 1 from obsessively refreshing your email for most of October.)
Although the final notification date for Round 1 remains 11 December, this compressed interview timeline will allow us to let you know on 26 November whether or not you still are being considered for admission. Some of you have told us that if the answer is a definite "no," you'd rather know earlier to give you more time to work on Round 2 applications for other schools. We heard you.
This new process is a pilot, so interview dates for Round 2 and 3 are not yet set. Our hope is that this compressed timeline helps ease your anxiety as you navigate the application process. As always, we'll keep you posted.

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2014, 12:32
NandoParrado wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

Same here.

I am looking forward to a similar announcement on the MBA Admisison Blog to get more clarity on next steps. This is last year's announcement, posted on 3rd October 2013.

The Stanford MBA Round 1 application deadline just passed (2 October), and we are hard at work preparing applications for review. If you submitted an application, congratulations! We look forward to learning more about you. If not, we hope you'll apply in Round 2 or 3.
No matter what your application status is, we thought you'd want to know that our interview process will be slightly different. We decided to compress the interview timeline. For Round 1, this means we will issue interview invitations from 28 October through 26 November only, rather than over the entire round. We will send no invitations before 28 October or after 26 November. We expect to issue the majority of invitations by 19 November. (We hope this prevents those of you who applied in Round 1 from obsessively refreshing your email for most of October.)
Although the final notification date for Round 1 remains 11 December, this compressed interview timeline will allow us to let you know on 26 November whether or not you still are being considered for admission. Some of you have told us that if the answer is a definite "no," you'd rather know earlier to give you more time to work on Round 2 applications for other schools. We heard you.
This new process is a pilot, so interview dates for Round 2 and 3 are not yet set. Our hope is that this compressed timeline helps ease your anxiety as you navigate the application process. As always, we'll keep you posted.

When I submitted my app, the auto confirmation message read: "A week after the application deadline, you will receive an email that describes the next steps in the admission process." So I believe we can expect a similar email sometime in the next couple of days.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 06:52
dab wrote:
NandoParrado wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

Same here.

When I submitted my app, the auto confirmation message read: "A week after the application deadline, you will receive an email that describes the next steps in the admission process." So I believe we can expect a similar email sometime in the next couple of days.

Times up!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 10:49
Got the email:

Thank you again for applying to the Stanford MBA Program. We know you made a significant investment in your application; we value your effort and hope you found the process rewarding. The days and months after submitting your application can be daunting. To alleviate some of this anxiety, we have outlined the next steps of the review process below.

Admission Process Dates

1 October 2014: Round 1 Deadline
Beginning on deadline day, the MBA Admissions Office prepares applications for review and distributes them to members of our team to read. Over the subsequent weeks, we review applications, and decide which candidates will move to the next stage.

27 October through 25 November 2014: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview between 800 and 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive that invitation between 27 October and 25 November. If you have not received an interview invitation by 25 November, you will not be interviewed in this round.

25 November 2014: Application Status Update
On November 25, you may log in to your online application for an update on the status of your application. At this stage, there will be three possibilities:

You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 10 December. On 10 December you will find out if you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool.
You were not selected for an interview, and your application is denied. This decision is final.
You are being offered a spot in the waitpool with the possibility of being invited to interview at a future date.
10 December 2014: Decision Notification Date
All official decisions will be released and available when you log in to your online application.

Rest assured there is nothing more you need to do to get our attention or improve your chances for an interview; your application speaks for itself. Out of fairness to all applicants, we don't consider information submitted after the application deadline, so please do not provide us with new test scores, job changes, promotions, or other updates.

Thanks in advance for your patience. During the coming months, we will be reviewing each and every application that was submitted to the Stanford MBA Program. Getting to know you and your fellow applicants takes time, but the result will be a tremendous Stanford MBA Class of 2017.

If you have questions, please contact us at +1.650.723.2766.

Thank you again for your interest in Stanford. We are excited to learn more about you.

Stanford MBA Admissions Office
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.57

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 11:42
So pretty much, just hang out, up until November 25th. Good Times.

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 12:13
Got this update also. Anyone know if that's 800 to 1,000 interviews across all three rounds or just round one? On the one hand, if it's all three odds are decent you'll get an offer if you interview. On the other, odds are super slim of getting an interview in the first place if it's only 1,000 for the entire pool.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 12:28
Based on the wording, specifically the use of "this application year," its 800-1000 total. That seems to somewhat line up to Sandy's comment, (HBSGuru) over at P&Q, that once you get a Stanford interview, you have to royally screw up to not get a spot.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.57

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 12:33
glass5 wrote:
Got this update also. Anyone know if that's 800 to 1,000 interviews across all three rounds or just round one? On the one hand, if it's all three odds are decent you'll get an offer if you interview. On the other, odds are super slim of getting an interview in the first place if it's only 1,000 for the entire pool.

Well it said, 800-1000 this application year, not application round? So i'm assuming that means all rounds. interviewing 3000 people for about 450ish spots seems a bit much, especially since the application is pretty involved, i'm hoping they can narrow it down to a good bunch
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Transportation)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 19:54
TripleDetroit wrote:

Yeah, it seems so odd that we may not even hear about an interview until November 25th and then a decision will be made December 10th... I am guessing that most interview invites will go out in late October.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 20:09
No HBS love today. Hoping for the best with GSB...
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 20:12
hellokittyisnotacat wrote:

Same here! Good luck hellokitty!

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2014, 20:13
bml1105 wrote:
hellokittyisnotacat wrote:

Same here! Good luck hellokitty!

Thank you bml1105! Fingers crossed for you too.
SVP
SVP
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2014, 00:04
I don't know if this is better or worse than what HBS did - on one hand, there's no accelerated nervousness at one or two points in time, but then the staggered nerves and the slow acceptance of what might never come to pass is also equally terrifying. I'm just going to go eat some icecream from the tub now.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.99
WE: Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2014, 02:17
whiplash2411 wrote:
I don't know if this is better or worse than what HBS did - on one hand, there's no accelerated nervousness at one or two points in time, but then the staggered nerves and the slow acceptance of what might never come to pass is also equally terrifying. I'm just going to go eat some icecream from the tub now.

keep strong! in my opinion this is what makes the whole process fascinating :)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2014, 02:40
TripleDetroit wrote:

That's a long journey. I hope I get an invite looooooooong before that.
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2014, 02:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  87    Next  [ 1732 posts ] 

Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mvictor