Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Still no news today, right? Are we sure invites are sent at around 8am Palo Alto time?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="jgr89"]Still no news today, right? Are we sure invites are sent at around 8am Palo Alto time?[/quote]

From the successful posts yesterday it appears around 8am or so, batch release I gather. But never know.
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Given Kudos: 86
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Kudos
illuminator wrote:
jgr89 wrote:
Still no news today, right? Are we sure invites are sent at around 8am Palo Alto time?

From the successful posts yesterday it appears around 8am or so, batch release I gather. But never know.

Last year, I received mine at 2 pm PST on a Friday.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jdharris wrote:
illuminator wrote:
jgr89 wrote:

thanks! PST is Stanford time I just checked for everyone reference. They may have a few batches a day...or multiple lol who knows!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
jdharris wrote:
illuminator wrote:
jgr89 wrote:

I have a question about your profile and background if you don't mind. I see you were dinged by HBS without interview, but you were interviewed by GSB last year. Isn't GSB even more selective? were you interviewed by HBS last year? Just trying to asses how similar are they in their the initial evaluation...
Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [1]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
I went to the MBA Visit Day last year (too bad they don't have one this year :( ). It was amazing.
We had a quick breakfast with fellow GSB hopefuls who were like super smart!
Then we headed to a 35-40 min class. And that was one of the best classes I have ever attended and I have been to some amazing classes in my Masters. I felt sad to leave the class.
We then had lunch with current students and they were the nicest people you'd ever meet. I have been to other univ. events but I haven't met friendlier people except perhaps for Kellogg folks.
After lunch, there was a seminar kind of thing with the alumni and adcom in an auditorium.
And then we went to a classroom. In walked a man in pink suit and the room went silent. I didn't know who it was back then, I was thinking who's this guy and why is he wearing a pink suit! But anyways, he started speaking and it was one of the best talks I have heard in a very long time. He had a very calm, simple demeanor. He spoke in a low voice but what he said was pretty convincing. That was the time I actually believed in what an adcom was saying.
These are some notes I took

"
Admissions
Essays - 2 Essays
1. Focus on who you are - What matters most to you and why - People, Events and situation which influenced you. Tell the story on how the people/event affected you, your perspective. Connect the dots as you go back
What matters most to you, don't write it like you're writing to a business school but the way you'd talk to your parents/friends.
2. who you want to be - Why Stanford? - What you want to do from here, gap between what you are now and where you want to be and how Stanford would help you in that process. How do you want to grow and how would that be aligned with Stanford.
Not what are your goals and why Stanford but why Stanford. Career switching is okay.

About Volunteer activities
Doesn't have to be an organized activity, just what you're interested in, what you believe in

About Resume
One Page Resume - Academic, Professional, personal interest, in application specific details about responisibilities in jobs etc.

900 persons called for an interview.
Interview - Weave the interview back into the application, help re-interpret/re-see your application

"

Hope that's useful
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="MV23"]I went to the MBA Visit Day last year (too bad they don't have one this year :( ). It was amazing.
Then we headed to a 35-40 min class. And that was one of the best classes I have ever attended and I have been to some amazing classes in my Masters. I felt sad to leave the class.
We then had lunch with current students and they were the nicest people you'd ever meet. I have been to other univ. events but I haven't met friendlier people except perhaps for Kellogg folks.
After lunch, there was a seminar kind of thing with the alumni and adcom in an auditorium.
And then we went to a classroom. In walked a man in pink suit and the room went silent. I didn't know who it was back then, I was thinking who's this guy and why is he wearing a pink suit! But anyways, he started speaking and it was one of the best talks I have heard in a very long time. He had a very calm, simple demeanor. He spoke in a low voice but what he said was pretty convincing. That was the time I actually believed in what an adcom was saying.

"
Admissions
Essays - 2 Essays
1. Focus on who you are - What matters most to you and why - People, Events and situation which influenced you. Tell the story on how the people/event affected you, your perspective. Connect the dots as you go back
What matters most to you, don't write it like you're writing to a business school but the way you'd talk to your parents/friends.
2. who you want to be - Why Stanford? - What you want to do from here, gap between what you are now and where you want to be and how Stanford would help you in that process. How do you want to grow and how would that be aligned with Stanford.
Not what are your goals and why Stanford but why Stanford. Career switching is okay.

Doesn't have to be an organized activity, just what you're interested in, what you believe in

About Resume
One Page Resume - Academic, Professional, personal interest, in application specific details about responisibilities in jobs etc.

Interview - Weave the interview back into the application, help re-interpret/re-see your application

"

Hope that's useful[/quote]

Great thanks!!! Was it Mr Bolton?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Edit:
[quote="mosesrah"][quote="jdharris"]

Originally posted by HopefulOne2015 on 21 Oct 2015, 10:45.
Last edited by HopefulOne2015 on 20 Nov 2015, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
mosesrah wrote:
jdharris wrote:

I have a question about your profile and background if you don't mind. I see you were dinged by HBS without interview, but you were interviewed by GSB last year. Isn't GSB even more selective? were you interviewed by HBS last year? Just trying to asses how similar are they in their the initial evaluation...
Thanks![/quote]

I actually heard that the HBS and GSB are not similar in their selection, or else their yields wouldn't have been this high. I read on poets and quant that in a typical year there are only about 150 dual admits. I've heard that HBS looks for more the obvious kind of leader - with great leadership traits, experience, etc whereas GSB looks for the X factor..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Indeed! :)
illuminator wrote:
MV23 wrote:
I went to the MBA Visit Day last year (too bad they don't have one this year :( ). It was amazing.

"
Admissions
Essays - 2 Essays

About Resume

"

Hope that's useful

Great thanks!!! Was it Mr Bolton?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
[quote="MV23"]Indeed! :)
[quote="illuminator"][quote="MV23"]I went to the MBA Visit Day last year (too bad they don't have one this year :( ). It was amazing.

"
Admissions
Essays - 2 Essays

About Resume

"

Hope that's useful[/quote]

Great thanks!!! Was it Mr Bolton?[/quote][/quote]

That means I'm going shopping for a pink suit if I get an interview! ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
I'll be in Bay Area next week and was thinking if I should visit the campus...but since the interview invite is in process, I'm not sure how useful this can be since I've been there before. If I go, will I have chance to speak to the admission, and if so, how much help (or damage) will it be?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I guess no GSB love for us today :( DB if you're reading this, send a few our way ;) oh and importantly, we love your sense of fashion! :)

Originally posted by illuminator on 21 Oct 2015, 13:01.
Last edited by illuminator on 21 Oct 2015, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
Send PM
No invites today ? :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="joseavc"]No invites today ? :([/quote]

:( nopes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
illuminator wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

It is 100% based on industry. They say as much.

Straight from the adcom's mouth after an info session.

That's cool news! Which adcom was it? It's rare to meet them I gather! Despite lots of research, for example, haven't ever seen Mr Bolton (apart from 1 photo online) - would be exciting to meet him![/quote]

I actually don't remember her name to be honest :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
Malluce wrote:
I'll be in Bay Area next week and was thinking if I should visit the campus...but since the interview invite is in process, I'm not sure how useful this can be since I've been there before. If I go, will I have chance to speak to the admission, and if so, how much help (or damage) will it be?

I really don't think it makes a difference to Adcom. All that's going to happen is you falling in love with the campus even more I'd guess. :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts