It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 06:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2008, 12:59
I'm working on my scholly app and I'm realizing that I addressed all the topics (below in italics) they suggest in essay #4. So, I changed about three sentences and I'm sending it off. I guess I'll find out just how connected the Financial aid and admissions offices are.

Please write a short biographical essay, no longer than 500 words, telling us about
yourself. Noteworthy topics may include:
• Undergraduate degree and honors or awards
• Extracurricular activities (volunteer, leadership, sports, etc.)
• Work experience

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 127 [0], given: 6

Schools: Tuck

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2008, 15:46
AZCFA wrote:
I'm working on my scholly app and I'm realizing that I addressed all the topics (below in italics) they suggest in essay #4. So, I changed about three sentences and I'm sending it off. I guess I'll find out just how connected the Financial aid and admissions offices are.

Hmmm.... I kinda touch on a couple of those points in essay #4, but the format was entirely wrong for the scholarship essay.

That being said, I have absolutely no clue how to write the scholarship essay. I ended up doing a short history of schooling and professional life, then focused on work and EC leadership, then finished with a short post-MBA impact statement.

:??? :??? :??? :???

Considering I'll be out of town for the next couple days, it's gonna have to do!

RF

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 4

Schools: Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
WE 1: Investment Management

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2008, 19:06
I am trying to incorporate all parts of my candidacy by talking about (i) Personal story, (ii) academics, (iii) profession, and (iv) Hobbies. My final word count is 570. Anyone has an idea if we can go above word limit here.

Current Student

Schools: Chicago Booth '11

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2008, 19:29
I wouldn't go over but that's just me.

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2008, 04:25
levfin2003 wrote:
I am trying to incorporate all parts of my candidacy by talking about (i) Personal story, (ii) academics, (iii) profession, and (iv) Hobbies. My final word count is 570. Anyone has an idea if we can go above word limit here.

It seemed to me the word count was pretty strict "...not more than 500 words...".

RF

Manager
Manager

Schools: Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2008, 06:35
That sucks....it tough to present everything in 500 words...I'll have to cut out a lot.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 213 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 15:06
This is going to be painful. 2.5 months without even so much as a blip of approval or a thumbs up.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 17:29
agold wrote:
This is going to be painful. 2.5 months without even so much as a blip of approval or a thumbs up.

With the really intense interview I had, I don't know what to expect.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 17:50
levfin2003 wrote:

Can you elaborate on the "intense" interview?

Like those GMAT clubbers who have come before me, I am writing this from the Dartmouth Coach on my way up to Hanover :) Interviewing tomorrow at 3:45pm & will post a re-cap when possible (although I'm assuming most of you have already interviewed :P)

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 21:52
TL wrote:
levfin2003 wrote:

Can you elaborate on the "intense" interview?

Like those GMAT clubbers who have come before me, I am writing this from the Dartmouth Coach on my way up to Hanover :) Interviewing tomorrow at 3:45pm & will post a re-cap when possible (although I'm assuming most of you have already interviewed :P)

It was not the average friendly Tuck interview that you hear about. She went straight from career goals to behavioral questions (a lot of them). She hardly asked me about extracurricular, interests, hobbies or anything personal. It was my first interview so I wasn't prepared. Plus after reading others' experiences, I wasn't expecting to be bombarded by 5 or 6 behavioral questions.

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2008, 22:33
agold wrote:

Are you still working on essays? I'm looking forward to laying low for a week or so then completing my final two apps before Xmas in a somewhat more relaxed pace!

RF

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 09:33
I am having my interviews for R1 applications this week. But will start working on R2 applications next week.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 09:44
levfin2003 wrote:
It was not the average friendly Tuck interview that you hear about. She went straight from career goals to behavioral questions (a lot of them). She hardly asked me about extracurricular, interests, hobbies or anything personal. It was my first interview so I wasn't prepared. Plus after reading others' experiences, I wasn't expecting to be bombarded by 5 or 6 behavioral questions.

Similar to mine... not the conversational one I thought it would be. Also my first, and also felt I did not perform well.

Oh well, it will be all to real in a month when we find out.

SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 09:45
refurb wrote:
agold wrote:

Are you still working on essays? I'm looking forward to laying low for a week or so then completing my final two apps before Xmas in a somewhat more relaxed pace!

RF

I took care of the Tuck scholarship essay yesterday. I am going to try to do Columbia over the next week, and then H/S/W in December before the holidays.

SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 09:46
sam77sam7 wrote:
levfin2003 wrote:

Similar to mine... not the conversational one I thought it would be. Also my first, and also felt I did not perform well.

Oh well, it will be all to real in a month when we find out.

Same as both of you. I was not a fan of my Tuck interview.

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 09:53
agold wrote:

It was odd.. it almost turned me off to the school. I had heard how friendly, outgoing, and team oriented all the Tuckies were, but I didn't feel that from my interviewer. Of course, it could have been completely my fault, which is certainly a possibility. But comparing it to my Duke interview, my Duke interviewer made me almost feel I was already part of the culture there; very inclusive.

Oh well, should I be so lucky to get accepted to both, I won't complain. Right now, with how competitive I hear it is, I would be surprised to get into either!

~Sam

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 10:14
sam77sam7 wrote:
agold wrote:

It was odd.. it almost turned me off to the school. I had heard how friendly, outgoing, and team oriented all the Tuckies were, but I didn't feel that from my interviewer. Of course, it could have been completely my fault, which is certainly a possibility. But comparing it to my Duke interview, my Duke interviewer made me almost feel I was already part of the culture there; very inclusive.

Oh well, should I be so lucky to get accepted to both, I won't complain. Right now, with how competitive I hear it is, I would be surprised to get into either!

~Sam

I was still sold to Tuck's culture. I think its a great school. I thought that maybe they were being extra harsh on finance guys. Anyways, there is little that we can do now, except focus on other applications.

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 10:54
levfin2003 wrote:
I was still sold to Tuck's culture. I think its a great school. I thought that maybe they were being extra harsh on finance guys. Anyways, there is little that we can do now, except focus on other applications.

Ah, sorry, perhaps I phrased it wrong. I am still very sold on Tuck's culture. The interview just shook me up a little.

I really think that Tuck's culture is pretty unique, and certainly a strong asset to the school.

SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 11:20
Yes! My awesome "please pity me" biographical scholarship essay is complete. This is the first time I've had to write like this in my life.

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 13:06
agold wrote:
refurb wrote:
agold wrote:

RF

I took care of the Tuck scholarship essay yesterday. I am going to try to do Columbia over the next week, and then H/S/W in December before the holidays.

Have you started your H/S/W essays yet? Or are going to try to write all three from scratch in only 6 weeks? :shock:

RF

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2008, 13:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  37    Next  [ 738 posts ] 

Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap