It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 10:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 12:12
refurb wrote:

Have you started your H/S/W essays yet? Or are going to try to write all three from scratch in only 6 weeks? :shock:

RF

More like 3-4 weeks. I'll work on H and W during the first 2 weeks of December, and then I'll have a decision from Booth. If I get into Booth, I'll work on S during the last 2 weeks of December, if I don't, I'll probably do UCLA and maybe 1 more during the last 2 weeks of December.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

VP
VP
Schools: Tuck

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 12:29
agold wrote:
refurb wrote:

Have you started your H/S/W essays yet? Or are going to try to write all three from scratch in only 6 weeks? :shock:

RF

More like 3-4 weeks. I'll work on H and W during the first 2 weeks of December, and then I'll have a decision from Booth. If I get into Booth, I'll work on S during the last 2 weeks of December, if I don't, I'll probably do UCLA and maybe 1 more during the last 2 weeks of December.

Hats off to you! Even having completed the Ross and Duke essays, it still took me close to 3 weeks to finish just the Tuck essays!

I suck at writing. :wall

RF

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 12:31
I finished my Tuck essays over the span of 2 days. Whether they will get me in is a different story :)

I strongly believe that who you are and your candidacy overall is not going to change very much based on a few polished essays. I just write down what's on my mind and what I'm looking to do. If the adcom likes it, great. If not, it's probably not a great fit to begin with.

I also tend to work best under pressure. I could see myself cranking out 4 applications between December 26th - January 5th, but I'm hoping that I'll space it out a little bit better to provide time for new ideas that pop up in my head.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Georgetown '11

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 12:44
the actual writing usually takes me about 2 hours+1-2 hours for revisions a coupple days later for each essay. I usually take a while to think about how to write the difficult question for each one though. I had everything but the constructive criticism essay written for Tuck for about 3 weeks, then I had a light go on in my head and was done in about an hour.

Strange that people are having such difficult interviews at Tuck, as has been mentioned it seems counter to their culture. I wonder if they fear being overrun by wall street guys who aren't Tuckish so are being extra hard on people.

I had my interview for EA back in September and it was basically a continuation, minus the beers, of the conversations I had in the canoe club two nights before. straight run through of resume, why tuck, tell me about your teamwork experiences, I see that you play hockey...etc. we talked for a while about his internship, how it was effecting his career plans coming back for his second year and then he asked if there was anything we hadn't touched on that I'd like him to know and we talked about that for a bit.

The only "hard" question he asked me was if, in retrospect, I would have stayed in high school longer. I'd never really thought of that so I took a minute to think and told him that that wasn't really a realistic option for me so I was glad I left when I did but I still was under prepared for college and that was that.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 13:59
Just completed my Tuck campus visit and interview. It was mostly the same experience as many have posted already (very accommodating and friendly environment, etc.), so I will just highlight the delta & value adds:

- Sat in on a "Management Communications" course with the lecture focusing primarily on how to put together effective PowerPoint slides. Lots of "work in group" breakout sessions during the lecture.
- Interview was very casual, with most of the discussion spent on teamwork examples (I was hoping to share more about my ECs, but so it goes!)
- Did you know an estimated 75% of Tuck students play on an intramural hockey team?

Overall it was a positive experience, not to mention there were some good looking ladies in my class & walking around Tuck (since this always seems to come up during chats :P). However I don't know how many were actually available, so it could be misleading...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 14:04
TL wrote:
Just completed my Tuck campus visit and interview. It was mostly the same experience as many have posted already (very accommodating and friendly environment, etc.), so I will just highlight the delta & value adds:

- Sat in on a "Management Communications" course with the lecture focusing primarily on how to put together effective PowerPoint slides. Lots of "work in group" breakout sessions during the lecture.
- Interview was very casual, with most of the discussion spent on teamwork examples (I was hoping to share more about my ECs, but so it goes!)
- Did you know an estimated 75% of Tuck students play on an intramural hockey team?

Overall it was a positive experience, not to mention there were some good looking ladies in my class & walking around Tuck (since this always seems to come up during chats :P). However I don't know how many were actually available, so it could be misleading...

Its not "it could be misleading", rather it is misleading! So, did u like the place TL? can u see yourself spending two years in hanover playing hockey?

Traffic never sleeps...

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 14:25
nadtrans wrote:
So, did u like the place TL? can u see yourself spending two years in hanover playing hockey?

what's up nadtrans! you know i mentioned something about the ladies just for you man. and yes, very misleading on the availability...even most of the ladies in my prospectives group were married or had bfs (yeah u know i went there ;) )

anyway to be honest with you, the jury is still out on tuck. i can't say that i was blown away by any part of the visit really. yes, the people were all very friendly and i picked up on the tight community feel, i just honestly don't know if i can picture myself there. i don't know...i was actually quite excited to visit and don't have a problem with living in hanover per se, but i just didn't feel that special "something" like when i visited berkeley. maybe i will have a better basis for comparison after visiting MIT and (hopefully) HBS next week.

in the end i still plan on applying, but in the extremely lucky case of multiple accepts, i would probably not opt for tuck. that is by no means a diss on tuck, i'd still love to go there...but anyway i'm talking in circles now :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2), Tuck (R1), Darden (R1), Cornell (R1), Texas (R2), Rice (R1)

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 15:12
TL wrote:
what's up nadtrans! you know i mentioned something about the ladies just for you man.

Thanks for that! I really appreciate the gesture.

I agree with you, Tuck is a place that u actually need to visit to decide whether u can spend two years in that part of the country! Its good that you could visit Tuck and decide for youself as to what you would wanna do incase you are accepted by multiple schools!

Traffic never sleeps...

VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern '11

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2008, 15:43
lol @ the "special" something in Berkeley.
SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 10:42
The wait is truly excruciating with 0 feedback or news.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Simon '11

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 10:46
Agreed. At least I was EA so I have just under 4 weeks left to wait. I've also been waiting since October though. I wish every school would add a mid-round ding deadline so at least we knew to move on.
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 10:48
the wait is by far the worst part. even worse than the night after all my first round apps were in and i woke up naked in a field

"George is getting upset!"

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 10:52
Another 3 weeks to go for us EA folks right? :|

Does anyone know if Tuck ever releases decisions early? Or are they the type to release on the day they publish?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Simon '11

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 10:54
Last year I think they released all of them on the published deadline... which is 3 weeks from Friday... uggh
SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 10:56
cereal255 wrote:
Last year I think they released all of them on the published deadline... which is 3 weeks from Friday... uggh

gah. That feels super far away :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 11:55
Its actually close to 4 weeks! Its 3 weeks from this coming friday! (the date is 19th December right?)

Traffic never sleeps...

Manager
Manager
Schools: Georgetown '11

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2008, 12:00
Tuck releases all decisions on the same day, no later than the posted deadline date. In the past they have finished reviewing all applications prior to that date and have released their decisions in advance of the deadline. It did not happen last year because of the volume of applications though. I'd guess it won't happen this year either for the same reason. As much as people were "ready for it" this year there's not so much they can do at Tuck...only so many students and admissions staff members to go around.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2008, 10:24
All,

Did your app status change to 'Complete' ? I am a EA applicant and my app status is still 'Submitted'. Someone on BW forums mentioned that his/her app went complete after he had submitted on 11/11.

RG
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2008, 10:32
rgajare14 wrote:
All,

Did your app status change to 'Complete' ? I am a EA applicant and my app status is still 'Submitted'. Someone on BW forums mentioned that his/her app went complete after he had submitted on 11/11.

RG

Mine says "Submission Status: Submitted", but below that it says "Application Status: Completed on ..." and lists all of the components (recos, transcript, GMAT, etc).
SVP
SVP

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2008, 10:40
maverick2011 wrote:

Mine says "Submission Status: Submitted", but below that it says "Application Status: Completed on ..." and lists all of the components (recos, transcript, GMAT, etc).

Mine says the same thing..
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 26 Nov 2008, 10:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  37    Next  [ 738 posts ] 

Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap