Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 14:53 It is currently 08 May 2024, 14:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Statistics, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GPA: 3.15
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all UConnecticut MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
aakash87 wrote:
That's great news. Congratulations!

So basically they took 2 months to decide on the scholarship. But generally they give one month to make the decision, so did you deposit the enrolment deposit before receiving any info on scholarship ? I have already deposited $500 in one of the colleges and don't want to do the same for UCONN MBA as well. I wonder why can't the AdCom just inform about the scholarship with the admission decision ?

Anyway just got the invite for the interview. Any pointers on the type of questions asked ?

Thanks!
Well, they generally distribute awards within the month as far as I understand. In 6 days after the admission decision I received a letter stating that I was still being considered for the award and that the adcom would release the decision in the mid-February. I asked to extend the admission offer till February 17th (I have another offer pending from another school), and today I got an email with the award notification.
I didn't put any deposits to any school since I wasn't sure which one I would attend. Now, when all the cards are on the table, I made my decision and accepted the UCONN's offer.

The interview was very light and relaxing. Meg Warren is great to talk to. The questions are all about you: your goals, your experience and what you've learnt from that. Just do your research on the school, be confident, keep the conversation light, know your resume, remember to clearly state your goals and don't forget to ask questions :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all UConnecticut MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Thanks..this is hugely helpful. I have my interview next week..let's see how it goes.
shaunnew4gmat wrote:
Hello All Uconn MBA applicants, I have received my interview invitation for 2017. Since this is my first interview (delayed application), so I would like to get some ideas about the kind of questions asked in the interview.
I would appreciate this help.
Regards,
Shaun

Hi Shaun,

The interview is basically on the same generic questions like:
1.) Tell me about yourself.
2.) Why MBA? Why at this point of time?
3.) Why UConn?
4.) Any leadership experience?
5) Your Strength?
6.) Long term Goal
7.) Any Challenging Situation

I had my interview with Meg and she is very supportive.
I would advise you to practice, as many times as possible, these questions with someone interviewing you (friend or relative).
Stay calm and relaxed before interview. Do not try to stick to specific words. Just grab the idea and explain it.

I hope this will help!!!
Best of luck.

Kartik
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Got interviewed on 15th Feb. Waiting for the results....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Kartikd for the headsup. Hope to have a great interview. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone decided to enroll in UCONN? It would be great to gather and talk in https://gmatclub.com/chat
bakavoice wrote:
Has anyone decided to enroll in UCONN? It would be great to gather and talk in https://gmatclub.com/chat

Hi Bakavoice,

You can ping me your no. at +918750440115. I will add you to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group.

Kartik
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got interviewed on 23rd Feb and got the admit on 24th Feb. Did not expect such a quick turnover. But no information around scholarship as of now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
aakash87 wrote:
Got interviewed on 23rd Feb and got the admit on 24th Feb. Did not expect such a quick turnover. But no information around scholarship as of now.

Wow tats really quick. I got interviewed on 15th and still havent heard back from them. I guess i got dinged....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
aakash87 wrote:

Congratulations Aakash!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi guys.. how long does it normally take for uconn to produce any decision after interview? can u guys share ur stats?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys.. do any of u send a thank you mail after ur interview??

Sent from my SM-A700FD using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10041 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
shaunnew4gmat wrote:

I am not an UConnecticut's applicant but it's always good to send a brief thank you note after interview, ideally on the same day or the next.

Look forward to read your interview experience.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shaunnew4gmat wrote:
hi guys.. how long does it normally take for uconn to produce any decision after interview? can u guys share ur stats?

Hi,
Normally, UConn sends decision in 2 weeks. In my case, it was 3 weeks because of hectic schedule of staffs. One of the person received decision in 1 day. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shaunnew4gmat wrote:

Hi,
I sent thank you mail. It is always recommended to send thank you mail to the interviewer.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 509 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Folks, I submitted my applications on 1st February and still no invite from the school. Its more than a month now. Is it a reject?
Anybody else facing the same dilemma ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received admit offer. My interview was on feb 28. And iffer 2 weeks later. Dont lose hope till they let u know..

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts