GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 13:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Darden Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge
Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 15 Aug 2018, 09:33
Add Darden to your profile

Welcome all Darden MBA applicants. Let's use this platform to get to know each other and exchange ideas and information through the application process!

Early Action Information | Deadlines | Essays

Darden Reviews | Darden Decision Tracker | Admission Deadlines

Originally posted by Amaranth on 15 Jun 2018, 09:55.
Last edited by Narenn on 15 Aug 2018, 09:33, edited 5 times in total.
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2018, 11:07
Hi Narenn,

Thank you so much.

This is what I found.

'IS THE EARLY ACTION ROUND BINDING?

The Early Action round is not binding. We are offering this round for candidates who believe Darden is their top choice and are ready to move forward with their application at the earliest point possible.

HOW IS THIS ROUND DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER ROUNDS?

Applying in the Early Action round allows candidates to schedule their interview without waiting to be invited. Darden will host interviews for candidates who intend to apply in the Early Action round during the open interview period (mid-July through end of September).

Admitted candidates will be asked to pay a larger deposit fee to secure their spot in the class.

WHY IS THE DEPOSIT FEE DIFFERENT?

Given the earlier notification and the flexibility around the interview process, we require candidates who are offered admission in the Early Action round to pay a higher first deposit to reserve their place in the class. The first deposit is $4,000.

DO I HAVE TO PAY AN APPLICATION FEE?

Yes, an application is not considered complete until the application fee has been paid. Candidates who wish to be considered in the Early Action round are required to pay the application fee by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, 7 September 2018. Applicants can interview in advance or following the round deadline, however the application fee is due by 7 September.

DO I HAVE TO DO AN INTERVIEW?

Yes, interviews play a critical role in our assessment of candidates and are required prior to admittance in to the program. The interview offers candidates the opportunity to more fully share their story while also learning more about Darden.

DO I HAVE TO COME TO GROUNDS FOR MY INTERVIEW?

Candidates who live in the U.S. are required to interview on the Darden Grounds. If you live outside of the U.S., you are welcome to interview on the Darden Grounds, but are not expected to do so. We will offer interviews via Skype for those living outside the U.S.

WHAT IS THE INTERVIEW PROCESS FOR ALL OTHER ROUNDS?

Darden may choose to invite candidates to interview who have applied in the Early Action deadline but have not scheduled their interview during the open interview period.

For all other rounds, candidates will be interviewed on an invitation only basis. Interview notifications can take place at any time up until the decision release date for the deadline in which the candidate has applied. Applicants living in the U.S. are required to interview on the Darden Grounds. Those living outside of the U.S. will interview via Skype or with a Darden alum in their home region.

Darden hosts one West Coast Interview Day during Rounds 1 and 2. Candidates living in the western region of the country may have the option to interview during one of these West Coast Interview Days. In addition to the interview, candidates will participate in a case discussion with a member of Darden's top-ranked faculty.

WHAT IF I AM NOT OFFERED ADMISSION IN THE EARLY ACTION ROUND?

Candidates who are not offered admission in the Early Action round can apply in the subsequent admissions cycle. They can receive feedback on their applications in June. Candidates who are placed on the waitlist during the EA round will be considered in later rounds. Waitlisted candidates will have the opportunity to receive feedback on their application to help them improve their candidacy'.

There is a Darden event in Mumbai on 1st July. I guess we will find out more about this and keep the community updated.

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2018, 08:45

Darden releases brand new (and smaller!) essays

"Tell us what you would want your learning team to know about you - personal, professional or both."
(100 words)

"Each year, Darden connects with over 80 countries. If you could choose any location in the world, where would you want to go with Darden? And why?"
(50 words)

"Darden strives to identify and cultivate leaders who follow their purpose. At this stage, how would you describe your evolving leadership style and please provide an example."
(200 words)

"Please provide an example of a situation in which you have made a meaningful impact."
(200 words)

"What is your short-term, post-MBA career goal and why?"
(150 words)

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

BSchool Forum Moderator
D
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2018, 12:36
I am diving into Darden. The essays seem small but are really scary! I am applying to "early round".

Where are other Darden aspirants?

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant
2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation
3. LSAT RC compilation
4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC
7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

BSchool Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 06:48
I'll be applying to Darden too. However, I am not sure about the EA round. I feel I need to be ENTIRELY in love with the school to pursue EA. Honestly, I love Darden and its community & educational strength, but with Darden not being my no.1 choice, I am skeptical if I should be applying to the school in EA round. :problem: :think:

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

BSchool Forum Moderator
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 13:59
I had a call with one of the current students and it was such a nice experience. I am in love with this school .....

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
3. LSAT RC compilation
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC

Darden Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 00:05
gmatexam439 wrote:
I am diving into Darden. The essays seem small but are really scary! I am applying to "early round".

Applying Early Action too! More or less done with the application, should be submitting it in a few weeks. Looking forward to visiting Charlottesville!
BSchool Forum Moderator
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 15:16
Amaranth wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

Applying Early Action too! More or less done with the application, should be submitting it in a few weeks. Looking forward to visiting Charlottesville!

I am still working on the application part. Have you booked a date for your interview?

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
3. LSAT RC compilation
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC

Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 15:20
gmatexam439 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

I am still working on the application part. Have you booked a date for your interview?

Hi gmatexam439

I have a general application question. I am still preparing for GMAT, but at the same time thinking that I get started on the applications. How many hours are you spending on the apps every day? Have you been working on your story, etc. for a while now? Just thinking if it would be feasible for me to do both things in parallel. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

SD

Please take a moment to hit Kudos if my post helps.

BSchool Forum Moderator
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 00:26
sdlife wrote:

Hi gmatexam439

I have a general application question. I am still preparing for GMAT, but at the same time thinking that I get started on the applications. How many hours are you spending on the apps every day? Have you been working on your story, etc. for a while now? Just thinking if it would be feasible for me to do both things in parallel. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

SD

Hi bro,

That depends on your caliber. If you are comfortable doing both, then go ahead.

Working on applications takes time...around 4 to 5 weeks minimum.....

I hope that helps!!

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
3. LSAT RC compilation
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC

Darden Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 04:25
gmatexam439 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

Not yet! Waiting for some dates to open up in September, I just got my visa. A lot of people must've interviewed already, we should hopefully be seeing some debriefs soon!
BSchool Forum Moderator
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 08:11
Amaranth wrote:
Not yet! Waiting for some dates to open up in September, I just got my visa. A lot of people must've interviewed already, we should hopefully be seeing some debriefs soon!

Don't they allow skype interviews? It would be damn expensive to visit the campus just for an interview!

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
3. LSAT RC compilation
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC

Darden Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 09:08
gmatexam439 wrote:
Don't they allow skype interviews? It would be damn expensive to visit the campus just for an interview!

They do, but kinda budgeted for this beforehand (haven't signed up with a consultant). Plus, if I'm going to be spending 2 years at a place I figured visiting and seeing if I'd be happy there, especially in schools in remote areas like Darden, Tuck etc.
BSchool Forum Moderator
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 09:16
Amaranth wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

They do, but kinda budgeted for this beforehand (haven't signed up with a consultant). Plus, if I'm going to be spending 2 years at a place I figured visiting and seeing if I'd be happy there, especially in schools in remote areas like Darden, Tuck etc.

That's a relief!

BTW, in the meanwhile, you can take a virtual tour of the school via https://www.darden.virginia.edu/about/u ... ille/tour/

I used this and I found the school pretty cool!!

Kudos if my post helps!

Preparing for RC my way

My study resources:
3. LSAT RC compilation
5. QOTD RC (Carcass)
6. Challange OG RC

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 21:55
I am working on my application currently. Will be applying in Round 2.
BSchool Forum Moderator
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 00:16
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 05:22
gmatexam439 wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:
I am working on my application currently. Will be applying in Round 2.

All the best!

Thank you
Darden Thread Master
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 05:16
Interview booked! Excited to visit campus, how's everyone else doing?
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2018, 06:20
To all the folks applying in Early application deadline. You will have to submit one essay to book your interview slots for EA.

Tell us what you would want your learning team to know about you — personal, professional or both.” (100 words)

We have seen some "not so good" essays for this question, therefore, here's a little tip:

By asking you to write this essay, the adcom is ensuring that you are serious about applying in early application deadline. Do realize, that this essay requires considerable research about the Darden MBA. The learning team is an integral part of the Darden experience. Darden is a case method heavy b-school and you would solve about 500+ cases during your time there. With the class being split up into learning teams of 5-6 students, you will be spending most of your waking moments with these people- preparing cases and doing extracurricular activities. Your learning team will be your lifeline. What is it that you want them to know about you that makes them sit up and take notice, and say, we want this person in our team!

Therefore come up with something interesting about yourself. Talk about both personal and professional aspects that a LEARNING TEAM, NOT ADCOM will be interested in knowing about you.

I'll reiterate, spend some time doing this essay. Don't just write 100 words and submit to get yourself an interview slot asap. Do some introspection and some research on yourself- ask your friends, family and colleagues what they find interesting about you. This may lead you to some points you never thought about yourself.

Although the interview is open, but making a good impression from the start is crucial.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

BSchool Forum Moderator
D
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2018, 06:51
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 15 Aug 2018, 06:51

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 23 posts ] 

Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap