Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 01:06 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2854 [3]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51454 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1971 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
I am diving into Darden. The essays seem small but are really scary! I am applying to "early round".

Where are other Darden aspirants?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
I'll be applying to Darden too. However, I am not sure about the EA round. I feel I need to be ENTIRELY in love with the school to pursue EA. Honestly, I love Darden and its community & educational strength, but with Darden not being my no.1 choice, I am skeptical if I should be applying to the school in EA round. :problem: :think:
Send PM
I had a call with one of the current students and it was such a nice experience. I am in love with this school .....

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
gmatexam439 wrote:
I am diving into Darden. The essays seem small but are really scary! I am applying to "early round".

Applying Early Action too! More or less done with the application, should be submitting it in a few weeks. Looking forward to visiting Charlottesville!
Send PM
Amaranth wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

Applying Early Action too! More or less done with the application, should be submitting it in a few weeks. Looking forward to visiting Charlottesville!

I am still working on the application part. Have you booked a date for your interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 489
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
gmatexam439 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

I am still working on the application part. Have you booked a date for your interview?

Hi gmatexam439

I have a general application question. I am still preparing for GMAT, but at the same time thinking that I get started on the applications. How many hours are you spending on the apps every day? Have you been working on your story, etc. for a while now? Just thinking if it would be feasible for me to do both things in parallel. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

SD
Own Kudos [?]: 1971 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sdlife wrote:

Hi gmatexam439

I have a general application question. I am still preparing for GMAT, but at the same time thinking that I get started on the applications. How many hours are you spending on the apps every day? Have you been working on your story, etc. for a while now? Just thinking if it would be feasible for me to do both things in parallel. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

SD

Hi bro,

That depends on your caliber. If you are comfortable doing both, then go ahead.

Working on applications takes time...around 4 to 5 weeks minimum.....

I hope that helps!!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gmatexam439 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

Not yet! Waiting for some dates to open up in September, I just got my visa. A lot of people must've interviewed already, we should hopefully be seeing some debriefs soon!
Send PM
Amaranth wrote:
Not yet! Waiting for some dates to open up in September, I just got my visa. A lot of people must've interviewed already, we should hopefully be seeing some debriefs soon!

Don't they allow skype interviews? It would be damn expensive to visit the campus just for an interview!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gmatexam439 wrote:
Don't they allow skype interviews? It would be damn expensive to visit the campus just for an interview!

They do, but kinda budgeted for this beforehand (haven't signed up with a consultant). Plus, if I'm going to be spending 2 years at a place I figured visiting and seeing if I'd be happy there, especially in schools in remote areas like Darden, Tuck etc.
Send PM
Amaranth wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:

They do, but kinda budgeted for this beforehand (haven't signed up with a consultant). Plus, if I'm going to be spending 2 years at a place I figured visiting and seeing if I'd be happy there, especially in schools in remote areas like Darden, Tuck etc.

That's a relief!

BTW, in the meanwhile, you can take a virtual tour of the school via https://www.darden.virginia.edu/about/u ... ille/tour/

I used this and I found the school pretty cool!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
I am working on my application currently. Will be applying in Round 2.
Send PM
HinaTabassum wrote:

All the best!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
gmatexam439 wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:

All the best!

Thank you
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Interview booked! Excited to visit campus, how's everyone else doing?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
To all the folks applying in Early application deadline. You will have to submit one essay to book your interview slots for EA.

Tell us what you would want your learning team to know about you — personal, professional or both.” (100 words)

We have seen some "not so good" essays for this question, therefore, here's a little tip:

By asking you to write this essay, the adcom is ensuring that you are serious about applying in early application deadline. Do realize, that this essay requires considerable research about the Darden MBA. The learning team is an integral part of the Darden experience. Darden is a case method heavy b-school and you would solve about 500+ cases during your time there. With the class being split up into learning teams of 5-6 students, you will be spending most of your waking moments with these people- preparing cases and doing extracurricular activities. Your learning team will be your lifeline. What is it that you want them to know about you that makes them sit up and take notice, and say, we want this person in our team!

Therefore come up with something interesting about yourself. Talk about both personal and professional aspects that a LEARNING TEAM, NOT ADCOM will be interested in knowing about you.

I'll reiterate, spend some time doing this essay. Don't just write 100 words and submit to get yourself an interview slot asap. Do some introspection and some research on yourself- ask your friends, family and colleagues what they find interesting about you. This may lead you to some points you never thought about yourself.

Although the interview is open, but making a good impression from the start is crucial.
Send PM
Interview booked. Let's hope for the best now! All the best to all the prospective candidates!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts