GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Feb 2020, 14:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2014
Posts: 30
Location: United States
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2016, 13:38
IronMan33 wrote:
iadoreyooh wrote:
Anecdotal evidence: my coworker was admitted r3 from the waitlist last year and I doubt he was the only one.



That's great to hear. He was waitlisted prior to r3 and found out at the r3 deadline?

Yep! And is there now :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 24
Schools: HBS '18 (D)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 05:09
iadoreyooh wrote:
IronMan33 wrote:
iadoreyooh wrote:
Anecdotal evidence: my coworker was admitted r3 from the waitlist last year and I doubt he was the only one.



That's great to hear. He was waitlisted prior to r3 and found out at the r3 deadline?

Yep! And is there now :)



Do you guys think we'll receive an email update today on next steps/timing? I wouldn't expect anything between the round 3 deadline and now but was curious. Not sure if I will send in any other information.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Posts: 44
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.45
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2016, 14:21
I can't believe they haven't at least had the courtesy of sending an update email by now - a week after the decision came out. Come on Wharton, show at least a little respect for people who spent $250 + time writing essays + travel costs / time for interview.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 21
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2016, 14:44
extremepc wrote:
I can't believe they haven't at least had the courtesy of sending an update email by now - a week after the decision came out. Come on Wharton, show at least a little respect for people who spent $250 + time writing essays + travel costs / time for interview.

Can't agree more. I wonder if they ran out of time, didn't go through all applications, and then just decided to re waitlist every waitlister who's not a lauder applicant.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 24
Schools: HBS '18 (D)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2016, 07:53
shynic89 wrote:
extremepc wrote:
I can't believe they haven't at least had the courtesy of sending an update email by now - a week after the decision came out. Come on Wharton, show at least a little respect for people who spent $250 + time writing essays + travel costs / time for interview.

Can't agree more. I wonder if they ran out of time, didn't go through all applications, and then just decided to re waitlist every waitlister who's not a lauder applicant.



That would be unfortunate. They didn't admit or deny anyone other than Lauder people? Doesn't sound like folks from round 1 have much of a chance left.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Posts: 16
Schools: Stern '18 (A)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 09:43
Should we send updates or visit the school to improve the chance to get in?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 24
Schools: HBS '18 (D)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 13:37
salad1989 wrote:
Should we send updates or visit the school to improve the chance to get in?


I have thought about it but given that they haven't been in contact, its hard to tell. Seems strange that they haven't even sent the customary waitlist email (unless they sent it to only R2 people).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Posts: 44
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.45
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 18:20
IronMan33 wrote:
salad1989 wrote:
Should we send updates or visit the school to improve the chance to get in?


I have thought about it but given that they haven't been in contact, its hard to tell. Seems strange that they haven't even sent the customary waitlist email (unless they sent it to only R2 people).


Strange is just the half of it. Crazy that it's been 2 weeks since we've been re-waitlisted and there hasn't been a thing from the admissions committee.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 17
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 18:38
extremepc wrote:
IronMan33 wrote:
salad1989 wrote:
Should we send updates or visit the school to improve the chance to get in?


I have thought about it but given that they haven't been in contact, its hard to tell. Seems strange that they haven't even sent the customary waitlist email (unless they sent it to only R2 people).


Strange is just the half of it. Crazy that it's been 2 weeks since we've been re-waitlisted and there hasn't been a thing from the admissions committee.


Word is, it has been an extremely competitive year at top schools. I wouldn't be surprised if almost no one gets off the waitlist this year.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 24
Schools: HBS '18 (D)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 18:54
Strange is just the half of it. Crazy that it's been 2 weeks since we've been re-waitlisted and there hasn't been a thing from the admissions committee.[/quote]

Word is, it has been an extremely competitive year at top schools. I wouldn't be surprised if almost no one gets off the waitlist this year.[/quote]

Care to elaborate? I'm definitely new to the process so just trying to learn. Wharton's process doesn't seem to be very open.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 17
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2016, 20:07
IronMan33 wrote:
Care to elaborate? I'm definitely new to the process so just trying to learn. Wharton's process doesn't seem to be very open.


I just meant in general for MBA apps at top schools this year it has been really competitive so a lot more applicants who would have been excellent in years past have ended up on the waitlist this year. I was not commenting on Wharton's process specifically, although from these forums it doesn't look like anyone has gotten off the waitlist for Wharton yet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 24
Schools: HBS '18 (D)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 05:29
has anyone been in contact with the admissions committee? Anyone heard of someone getting off the waitlist?

Hope we all hear good news soon.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Posts: 44
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.45
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2016, 15:43
Quote:
I wanted to provide a quick update since my last correspondence in February. As we approach the Round 2 deposit deadline on April 29th, we are starting to get a better understanding of where the Class of 2018 stands in terms of enrollment and potential need.

Over the past month we have seen some slight movement on the waitlist and we will continue to review your files as we move through Round 3. As previously noted, all waitlisted candidates will receive a status update by no later than May 3, 2016.


Well - finally at least something. "Movement off the waitlist" - sounds like it could be a couple of ("slight") acceptances, people removing their names, or both. I suppose they try to keep it ambiguous.

If I don't get accepted in the next week (by May 3rd), I'll pull my name off and 100% commit to my #2 school. Wharton has really handled this waitlist pretty poorly, in my opinion, though I don't have much to go on in terms of comparisons.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Posts: 16
Schools: Stern '18 (A)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2016, 16:04
Thank you for sharing this update! I thought all decisions will be released exactly on May 3. But it sounds like they may notify people before that day?

extremepc wrote:
Quote:
I wanted to provide a quick update since my last correspondence in February. As we approach the Round 2 deposit deadline on April 29th, we are starting to get a better understanding of where the Class of 2018 stands in terms of enrollment and potential need.

Over the past month we have seen some slight movement on the waitlist and we will continue to review your files as we move through Round 3. As previously noted, all waitlisted candidates will receive a status update by no later than May 3, 2016.


Well - finally at least something. "Movement off the waitlist" - sounds like it could be a couple of ("slight") acceptances, people removing their names, or both. I suppose they try to keep it ambiguous.

If I don't get accepted in the next week (by May 3rd), I'll pull my name off and 100% commit to my #2 school. Wharton has really handled this waitlist pretty poorly, in my opinion, though I don't have much to go on in terms of comparisons.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Posts: 44
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.45
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2016, 16:12
salad1989 wrote:
Thank you for sharing this update! I thought all decisions will be released exactly on May 3. But it sounds like they may notify people before that day?

extremepc wrote:
Quote:
I wanted to provide a quick update since my last correspondence in February. As we approach the Round 2 deposit deadline on April 29th, we are starting to get a better understanding of where the Class of 2018 stands in terms of enrollment and potential need.

Over the past month we have seen some slight movement on the waitlist and we will continue to review your files as we move through Round 3. As previously noted, all waitlisted candidates will receive a status update by no later than May 3, 2016.


Well - finally at least something. "Movement off the waitlist" - sounds like it could be a couple of ("slight") acceptances, people removing their names, or both. I suppose they try to keep it ambiguous.

If I don't get accepted in the next week (by May 3rd), I'll pull my name off and 100% commit to my #2 school. Wharton has really handled this waitlist pretty poorly, in my opinion, though I don't have much to go on in terms of comparisons.


From what I understand / read, they have historically accepted people throughout the process, with a number of reports at least within the past couple years of acceptances rolling through the week leading up to the "deadline" date. Then again, this year seems very light, even more so than others, so who knows what they are doing.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 24
Schools: HBS '18 (D)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2016, 16:24
Anybody get in off the waitlist? On the summer waitlist (which I'm assuming chances are low <10 people). Plan to pull myself off.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2016
Posts: 36
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2016, 16:47
IronMan33 wrote:
Anybody get in off the waitlist? On the summer waitlist (which I'm assuming chances are low <10 people). Plan to pull myself off.


From what I've seen in other forums and gotten from some friends, I don't think that anybody got off the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Posts: 44
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.45
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2016, 17:39
IronMan33 wrote:
Anybody get in off the waitlist? On the summer waitlist (which I'm assuming chances are low <10 people). Plan to pull myself off.


Same here. Going to see if they bother emailing us with any interesting info this week (based on history, probably not...), and then pull myself off the list next week. Terribly managed all around.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 24
Schools: HBS '18 (D)
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2016, 17:53
extremepc wrote:
IronMan33 wrote:
Anybody get in off the waitlist? On the summer waitlist (which I'm assuming chances are low <10 people). Plan to pull myself off.


Same here. Going to see if they bother emailing us with any interesting info this week (based on history, probably not...), and then pull myself off the list next week. Terribly managed all around.


Just realized that the waitlist manager only started in December. I think that explains part of the "process" this year. Truly disappointing in the waitlist process, especially as it compares to other schools.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2016
Posts: 36
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2016, 07:04
Does anybody know if anybody got lifted from the waitlist? I haven't seen anything in other blogs or heard anything from other students that were on the waitlist. Also when they wrote: "All final decisions for those on the waitlist will be made by July 25, 2016." Does it mean that we can get a decision before July the 25th? Thanks guys!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018   [#permalink] 05 May 2016, 07:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 78 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling ALL Waitlisted Wharton Folks - Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne