Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Tepper (R2) , Johnson (R2) , Ross (R2) , Wharton (R2) , Kellogg (R2)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink]
Wharton has truly left a bad taste in mouth. The least they could do is give people closure. And Im a bit shocked by the lack of attention to detail in their correspondences... Summer Waitlist Guidlines: "The chances of being admitted off the waitlist are hard to predict since much depends on the strength of the pool in subsequent rounds..." Last time I checked, there are no more rounds. Copying and pasting will only get them so far.

Glad to be heading elsewhere at this point.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:<strong>Ross '13</strong>
 Q46  V40
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: Business Development / Sales
Send PM
I just combed through the past two years' threads for Wharton and did not find a single person that made it off the summerwaitlist. Also, this tactic of rolling all R2 waitlisters over to the summer waitlist is not new--they have done it for at least the past 2 years. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I unless something dramatically changes this year, we're all as good as dings.
I really hope I am wrong about this...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Sloan (R2), Wharton (R2), Darden (R2)
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 5 years finance
Send PM
rpratt620 wrote:
I just combed through the past two years' threads for Wharton and did not find a single person that made it off the summerwaitlist. Also, this tactic of rolling all R2 waitlisters over to the summer waitlist is not new--they have done it for at least the past 2 years. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I unless something dramatically changes this year, we're all as good as dings.

In the past few years, did many people make it off the pre-summer waitlist (ie, between round 2 and round 3)?
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
kitbama wrote:
rpratt620 wrote:

In the past few years, did many people make it off the pre-summer waitlist (ie, between round 2 and round 3)?

I count 1 person who made it off R2 Waitlist before the R3 Release date last year. None from the previous year. I am just going off threads from this forum though so they are by no means conclusive... hopefully...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Interesting that this time for summer WLs there is no June notification date. Last year people were told next update will be by June 11. This year its straight to July 18.

Also a request to anyone getting any updates. Please post something. Its going to be an excruciating wait for all of us and it would be much appreciated if people post there outcomes as they hear them even if it is negative
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all - long time lurker here. I was a R2 WL, so I know the frustration everyone is feeling. I felt compelled to at least post an update (I wasn't very involved before) after reading some requests from people on this helpful board. I'm very thankful, as I was admitted off R2 waitlist on May 12th. So don't lose hope! I also know off hand of a handful of people in the past who have been admitted off summer waitlist (some even as close as two days before pre-term).

Hope this helps..
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
caitsith07 wrote:
Hi all - long time lurker here. I was a R2 WL, so I know the frustration everyone is feeling. I felt compelled to at least post an update (I wasn't very involved before) after reading some requests from people on this helpful board. I'm very thankful, as I was admitted off R2 waitlist on May 12th. So don't lose hope! I also know off hand of a handful of people in the past who have been admitted off summer waitlist (some even as close as two days before pre-term).

Hope this helps..

Could you please tell about your background? Did you do anything (referrals, recommendations, etc)?
Manager
Manager
Schools:Kellogg
 Q50  V20 GMAT 2: 580  Q49  V20 GMAT 3: 710  Q50  V35
GPA: 3.39
WE 1: Project Engineer (1yr)
WE 2: Analyst(3 yrs)
Send PM
caitsith07 wrote:

Hope this helps..

2 days b4 the pre-term--> this would be bad for int applicant!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, new to this process and to this forum. I'm also on the Summer Waitlist - applied in Round 3. Can anyone shed some light on what level of communication is allowed? I read the WL guidelines and it's clear that no "additional information" will be accepted, but does this mean we can not send an email to let them know we're committed and it's our first choice? Would such an email be useful/meaningless? Not sure where to draw the line with adhering to the guidelines and showing some pro-action and enthusiasm. I realize I'm probably much less cynical than most of you on this thread, though I appreciate what you've been through :).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Summer WL here too (originally R2 app).

Does anybody have any idea about chances of summer WLers upon submitting a re-app, say in R1? It would be really frustrating to go through the same process again to eventually be dinged again June '12. However, if summer WLers have traditionally been known to get accepted then I guess it would make sense to re-apply.

Also, what else does one say in a re-app? Not much could've changed in the past 6 months!
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
A number of Wharton students are reporting that the summer waitlist, unlike the regular waitlist, will be reviewed and thinned out every couple of weeks. I hope this is true so that admits and dings alike can have some closure and move forward without waiting until July 18.

https://engage.wharton.upenn.edu/MBA/forums/t/2982.aspx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
For what its worth, I called the Wharton Adcom out of sheer frustration once I got notification of my Summer WL. status. My question was on the fate of International Applicants given the July 18 final notification date.

They called back a few minutes later and said they would certainly be considering the peculiar circumstances of International Summer Waitlisters in making their admit or ding decisions. So I don't expect any international student will have to wait till July 18 before getting some sort of closure.

I assume there will be at least some priority given to international waitlisters in the admit/ding decisions. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
PETERPANPANPAN wrote:
For what its worth, I called the Wharton Adcom out of sheer frustration once I got notification of my Summer WL. status. My question was on the fate of International Applicants given the July 18 final notification date.

They called back a few minutes later and said they would certainly be considering the peculiar circumstances of International Summer Waitlisters in making their admit or ding decisions. So I don't expect any international student will have to wait till July 18 before getting some sort of closure.

I assume there will be at least some priority given to international waitlisters in the admit/ding decisions. :)

Thanks for the effort. International here also. I asked about this on the S2S forum which hinted that we may be hearing before the July date.

My ultimate conclusion is there are nill chances getting off the summer WL...I'm going to start prepping for R1 come later this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
kookie wrote:
PETERPANPANPAN wrote:

Thanks for the effort. International here also. I asked about this on the S2S forum which hinted that we may be hearing before the July date.

My ultimate conclusion is there are nill chances getting off the summer WL...I'm going to start prepping for R1 come later this year.

Its never over until the FAT lady sings...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Any movement?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Posted the below on the main forum guess I should posted it here:

So I just got off the WL at a couple of schools. Both very much at the Wharton level in terms of brand. I am delighted but am still holding out for Wharton (where I am on the WL) because its where I have always wanted to go. I do hope someone from the adcom or the school is reading this but I just wanted to say the one area the school has disappointed me in is its treatment of WLers. Both places I got into have been very forthcoming in terms of timing etc. One even spoke gave estimates about how many people were on the WL and when they would trim it. I am not saying that Wharton needs to be so clear but atleast something more than 'we will get back to you by July 18".

Also the sheer number of folk on the WL is something that confuses me. Wharton has a very solid yield and you would think that there is no need to WL so many people. (i think someone said the number is probably between 150-200). We are 2 months away from school beginning and it just makes no sense why so many people are still on it. A guy I went to school with is international and he still is on the WL. I feel for him because he needs to start working on his visa for another school, and even if he does get into W, go through the process of changing it and maybe not being able to do so

Anyways I know I am venting a bit. I love Wharton, and would pick it over any other place. But they are a bit frustrating for a school of such pedigree. I mean even some of the communications to WL had typos in them. The whole admissions operations seems a bit lacking when compared to a couple to similar schools especially when it comes to people who have been waiting for the school for month
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Jterm2011 wrote:
Posted the below on the main forum guess I should posted it here:

So I just got off the WL at a couple of schools. Both very much at the Wharton level in terms of brand. I am delighted but am still holding out for Wharton (where I am on the WL) because its where I have always wanted to go. I do hope someone from the adcom or the school is reading this but I just wanted to say the one area the school has disappointed me in is its treatment of WLers. Both places I got into have been very forthcoming in terms of timing etc. One even spoke gave estimates about how many people were on the WL and when they would trim it. I am not saying that Wharton needs to be so clear but atleast something more than 'we will get back to you by July 18".

Also the sheer number of folk on the WL is something that confuses me. Wharton has a very solid yield and you would think that there is no need to WL so many people. (i think someone said the number is probably between 150-200). We are 2 months away from school beginning and it just makes no sense why so many people are still on it. A guy I went to school with is international and he still is on the WL. I feel for him because he needs to start working on his visa for another school, and even if he does get into W, go through the process of changing it and maybe not being able to do so

Anyways I know I am venting a bit. I love Wharton, and would pick it over any other place. But they are a bit frustrating for a school of such pedigree. I mean even some of the communications to WL had typos in them. The whole admissions operations seems a bit lacking when compared to a couple to similar schools especially when it comes to people who have been waiting for the school for month

I think several of us on this board share these sentiments...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23