Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 23:57 It is currently 20 May 2024, 23:57
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
is anyone free for a mock now in 10 mins?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
mgmz123 wrote:
is anyone free for a mock now in 10 mins?

Yes, you can email me at keerthi1suresh@gmail.com
Manager
Manager
Send PM
done - all good!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi! Is there anyone would like to have a mock on 11/8 8AM ET?

We hope 2-3 people to join us, please PM me if you are interested, thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Could someone please provide information on what they typically ask in the last 10 minutes of the Team-Based Discussion separately? I’ve heard about questions regarding challenges in the discussion and more
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Harvard Club Lecturer
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
City: Los Angeles
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 1998
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mahta wrote:
Could someone please provide information on what they typically ask in the last 10 minutes of the Team-Based Discussion separately? I’ve heard about questions regarding challenges in the discussion and more

Sure, the individual portion tends to be quite short. Here are some typical questions, and the first two are the most typical.

Why do you want to get an MBA?
Why Wharton?
How do you feel Wharton will be a good fit for your career goals?
What are your career goals?
How did your group session go?
What questions do you have?

I would advise anybody interviewing to be over prepared for why Wharton. Their first essay question was geared towards this as well, but has a short word limit of 500 words. After setting up your career goals, this did not leave more than perhaps 300 words for Why Wharton. In an interview, you will have more time to discuss how you have played detective about their school through the prism of your interests--both professional and personal. Most applicants who I give mock interviews to, tend to be under prepared to spend 5 minutes answering why they want to attend Wharton. Set out your main arguments and then back them up with curricular and extracurricular pieces of evidence.
HBS and Wharton Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.98
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

While we eagerly await R1 decisions in just over a month, please take the time to update your decision tracker and interview debriefs. GMATClub has been so helpful to all of us, but the data only stays current if we all contribute!

Here is the link to the decision tracker: https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... ake_year=0

Here is the link to the interview debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... 3&status=0

Thank you all, and best of luck!
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 570 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q170 V163
Send PM
Hi Dr.sonalik, Thank you for sharing this. You can also try GMAT Club’s What Are My Chances tool - what-are-my-chances-profile-evaluation-tool-309854.html
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 4.05
Send PM
Hi Guys

Please how do one get application fee waiver?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Bookmarks
What is the approximate conversion rate for round 1 interviewees? Also, anyone from East asia who interviewed for round 1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V44
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41
GMAT 4: 760 Q47 V48
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
5fortunes wrote:
What is the approximate conversion rate for round 1 interviewees? Also, anyone from East asia who interviewed for round 1?

30-50%
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 355 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Discover Leading US Business Schools

Join our engaging webinar to demystify the application process. Enhance your prospects, gain valuable insights to navigate your MBA application confidently, and stay informed about crucial deadlines through expert admission tips tailored for top US business schools!

Secure your spot today and position yourself for a prosperous future in the business realm.

On 30th Nov
11:30 AM ET | 9 PM IST

We look forward to having you at the webinar!

Register for the session here!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10064 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Join us on YouTube as we decode HBS, Stanford, & Wharton Essays for Round 2 Apps redirect.php?id=59hgtvzlxa
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone, I'm currently a mid level software engineer at TikTok in the SF Bay Area. I previously worked at a tech unicorn (think Lyft, Uber, Stripe, Pinterest, Robinhood) as a Software Engineer after graduating from college. I went to a top Engineering school in Canada (think Waterloo, U of T).

I previously applied to 2+2 but I think my lower GMAT got me dinged then. But I just did the GMAT and got a 760 (V44, Q50, IR2 ikr :( ) . Looking to apply to HSW for R2.

**MBA Info**

* ***Why I want an MBA:*** Being in the tech industry, I'm interested in pivoting to tech consulting at MBB or VC in the future.

**Background**

* ***Work experience:***
* *I've done internships at big and small tech companies (including one each at all of Facebook (now called Meta), Airbnb, Pinterest and Stripe) in Software Engineering and Product Management roles.* I've done NINE internships (yes NINE!), more details on why I left school to do more internships below. So I graduated with like 3 years of internships.

* Worked at a tech unicorn (think Lyft, Uber, Stripe, Pinterest, Robinhood) as a Software Engineer after graduating from college. I got promoted there and then left to my current job.

* Currently work as a mid-level software engineer at TikTok in their US offices. Recent performance review was good, expect to be levelled up mid 2024 hopefully.

* I graduated in mid 2021, so that currently puts me at a little over 2.5 YOE post grad, but if I matriculate Sept 2024, I'd be at a little over 3 YOE post grad.

* ***Extra curriculars and other experience:***
* I run a drone flying club that funnels kids assigned to extrajudicial sanctions after their criminal charges are dropped by the courts. (ie. kid gets picked up for fighting, charged with assault, judge lets em off, with the condition that they take a course in anger management, and join an activity, in this case drone flying). We've helped over 25 kids over the last 3 years get into drone flying, that otherwise were going down the wrong path.

* **Undergrad school/major:** Electrical and Computer Engineering major at Tier 1 Engineering school in Canada
* **Race/nationality:** Pakistani-Canadian (born in Pakistan, grew up in Canada)

**Stats**

* ***GMAT Score:*** 760 V44 Q50, IR2 (I fumbled the IR section, sadly, but I don't want to write the GMAT again lol, its so draining, and I don't know if I'd hit 760 again, maybe might hit like 740, idk? Is the IR really a red flag?)

* ***Undergrad GPA:*** So this is where I'm confused. My school isn't on a 4.0 scale, but we have percentages instead. 1st and 2nd year I did not do so well and got averages in the mid-60s. I did have extenuating circumstances because my father suffered a heart attack during this time and it was a major burden on my shoulders. So much so that, when in the middle of my 2nd year he was no longer able to work, I withdrew from school for one year in the middle of my 2nd year to work for a year to pay the bills. Came back and in 3rd year I got averages in the mid-70s, which is a Good standing at my school. In 4th year I got averages in the mid to high 80s, which is an Excellent standing.

* Though I did graduate with "distinction", it says this on my official transcript, but my school only uses the last 2 years of grades to determine this. "distinction" is kinda like cum laude?

* Not sure how much my circumstances matter, but being from a family with limited means and being a first-generation college student coupled with some bad cards dealt to me led to poorer performance for the beginning part of my undergrad. Dad is still a city bus driver, mom's a cashier at a grocery store, still bumbling along.

* I'm hoping that my upwards trend in my undergrad performance is a good signal for them, coupled with my GMAT score, and strong Quant score is a good signal. Plus I do think I got some good brand names of my resume, and TikTok is certainly a cool name to have I think.

What are my chances for HSW? I think the MBA is a really only worth it for me if I go there, and how can I frame my application in a way to offset my not so great school history and IR score?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 4.05
Send PM
You have a solid background and good score. Very interesting profile

put your best foot forward
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10064 [0]
Given Kudos: 4547
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
The Ultimate M7 Excellence - Detailed Analysis of Every M7 BSchool Essay redirect.php?id=210fu3gndy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
Last few days remaining, anyone else nervous? 😫

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16  ...  23