Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
illuminator wrote:
mh72 wrote:
Is Yale still rolling out invites? For those of us who haven't received invites yet, what's our outlook (roughly speaking)?

I would say further interviews, depend on how past candidates fared. If I were adcom I would def do this! Interview ppl for a few weeks. Those that don't go through would allow me to extend more interview invites later on etc and that will(!) happen as 50% of interviewed candidates get passed and 50% are admitted per someone's post moments ago (can't find it now but we all get the notifications) good luck!!

Posted from my mobile device

Haha I hope not! I went through Clear Admit to gauge the distribution of interview invites for R2 last year - and it does seem that they'll continue to roll out invites through February. Fingers crossed!

Originally posted by mh72 on 06 Feb 2017, 19:14.
Last edited by mh72 on 10 Feb 2017, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="mh72"][quote="illuminator"][quote="mh72"]Is Yale still rolling out invites? For those of us who haven't received invites yet, what's our outlook (roughly speaking)?[/quote]

I would say further interviews, depend on how past candidates fared. If I were adcom I would def do this! Interview ppl for a few weeks. Those that don't go through would allow me to extend more interview invites later on etc and that will(!) happen as 50% of interviewed candidates get passed and 50% are admitted per someone's post moments ago (can't find it now but we all get the notifications) good luck!!

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size] [img]https://gmatclub.com/static/mobile.png[/img][/quote]

Haha I hope that's not the case! A friend and I went through Clear Admit to get an idea of the distribution of interview invites for R2 last year - and it does seem that they'll continue to roll out invites through February. So fingers crossed![/quote]

Oh no, as I mentioned, 'they will(!)' as surely they form a view on an already interviewed candidate and then drop him/her as they just have to 50/50, allowing another invite to go through iteratively...rolling is much better I say than all at once! Let's hope!!!!! I'm glued!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Indian friends get any love???

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size] [img]https://gmatclub.com/static/mobile.png[/img]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="illuminator"][quote="mh72"][quote="illuminator"][quote="mh72"]Is Yale still rolling out invites? For those of us who haven't received invites yet, what's our outlook (roughly speaking)?[/quote]

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size] [img]https://gmatclub.com/static/mobile.png[/img][/quote]

Haha I hope that's not the case! A friend and I went through Clear Admit to get an idea of the distribution of interview invites for R2 last year - and it does seem that they'll continue to roll out invites through February. So fingers crossed![/quote]

Oh no, as I mentioned, 'they will(!)' as surely they form a view on an already interviewed candidate and then drop him/her as they just have to 50/50 (maybe they say we will interview 20 consultants this week, and of those we take 10 only etc I dunno smth like that, who knows I just want one hahahaa) allowing another invite to go through iteratively...rolling is much better I say than all at once! Let's hope!!!!! I'm glued!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Indian friends get any love??? Maybe my accent in the video interview put them off lol

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size] [img]https://gmatclub.com/static/mobile.png[/img]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 86 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Does SOM do interview invites based on date of submission? If so, has anyone gotten any invite who submitted it on the date of the deadline? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 402 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
BigGulpsHuh wrote:
Does SOM do interview invites based on date of submission? If so, has anyone gotten any invite who submitted it on the date of the deadline? Thanks!

I did, but I wouldn't look into it too much.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
speedilly wrote:
BigGulpsHuh wrote:

I also submitted on the deadline and received an invitation.

Does anyone have a sense of how soon after interviewing you can expect a decision? Is it on the designated decision date?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
BigGulpsHuh wrote:

I haven't heard anything to suggest they go through the stack based on date of submission. In prior years I've seen people who submitted on the deadline get an interview right away and some didn't get an interview until way later. That's all a mysterious part of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 402 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
smokemonsterfromlost wrote:
speedilly wrote:
BigGulpsHuh wrote:

Does anyone have a sense of how soon after interviewing you can expect a decision? Is it on the designated decision date?

They're all on the decision date. I remember Bruce saying at the closing reception that we had it the hardest (the first group being interviewed) because we had to wait he longest.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="speedilly"][quote="smokemonsterfromlost"][quote="speedilly"][quote="BigGulpsHuh"]Does SOM do interview invites based on date of submission? If so, has anyone gotten any invite who submitted it on the date of the deadline? Thanks![/quote]

I did, but I wouldn't look into it too much.[/quote]

Does anyone have a sense of how soon after interviewing you can expect a decision? Is it on the designated decision date?[/quote]

They're all on the decision date. I remember Bruce saying at the closing reception that we had it the hardest (the first group being interviewed) because we had to wait he longest.

Thanks!!! Nothing yet! Giving up

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Anybody from India who has received an invite? just want to know have they started rolling out invites here or is it time to give up hope!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="your_avg_joe"]Anybody from India who has received an invite? just want to know have they started rolling out invites here or is it time to give up hope![/quote]

Nothing :( no love. No activity in my inbox, phone nor here.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
I saw a bunch of interview invites that rolled out like 3-4 hours ago on livewire. Couldn't tell if Indian though. Nothing came in my mailbox so it's certainly discouraging but it's a known fact Yale rolls out invites more slowly than most other programs so if I had to guess there are still half to a quarter of the invites still be to be sent out. Fingers crossed for those of us waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
atticus936 wrote:
I saw a bunch of interview invites that rolled out like 3-4 hours ago on livewire. Couldn't tell if Indian though. Nothing came in my mailbox so it's certainly discouraging but it's a known fact Yale rolls out invites more slowly than most other programs so if I had to guess there are still half to a quarter of the invites still be to be sent out. Fingers crossed for those of us waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Let's wait patiently and hope for the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.3
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
For those who have already interviewed on campus: was there any way to do a class visit? I noticed that there was no mention of a class visit in the Super Day schedule, but I think it would be very interesting and informative.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
mgo113 wrote:
For those who have already interviewed on campus: was there any way to do a class visit? I noticed that there was no mention of a class visit in the Super Day schedule, but I think it would be very interesting and informative.

No classes are held on Fridays. If you're coming to campus for a Friday interview, see if you can come to campus earlier on Thursday and sit in on a class then -- either officially through adcom or unofficially (by reaching out to a student and seeing if they'll let you tag along).

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.3
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
mgo113 wrote:

No classes are held on Fridays. If you're coming to campus for a Friday interview, see if you can come to campus earlier on Thursday and sit in on a class then -- either officially through adcom or unofficially (by reaching out to a student and seeing if they'll let you tag along).

Ahh okay, thanks. I'm not getting into New Haven until late tonight, so I guess I'll have to forego a class visit
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
mgo113 wrote:
aerien wrote:
mgo113 wrote:

Ahh okay, thanks. I'm not getting into New Haven until late tonight, so I guess I'll have to forego a class visit

Ah good luck tomorrow! There may be travel delays due to the weather,* Add extra time to your travel plans, be prepared for snow and ice, wear proper shoes. There is an area to put your coats, boots, etc so don't worry about that. Be warm and safe!

*Edit: @Wilch says SOM is closed today due to the snow storm. Watch the website (and your email) for updates from adcom. The university updates are here: https://emergency.yale.edu/stay-informed ... cellations

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts