Last visit was: 21 May 2024, 04:17 It is currently 21 May 2024, 04:17
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q169 V151
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q82 V85 DI78
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
­Hello Everyone! 

I am originally from South Korea, currently working in Canada targeting Oxbridge or other EU MBAs.

I went to McGill University, with low 3s GPA out of 4, and scored 625 in GMAT FOCUS (well balanced, DI 86th, Q 76th, V70th in percentile) . I passed CFA Level 2, am taking Level 3 in this August. 
I also passed CFE - Canadian CPA Exam. My GPA for Graduate Dipoloma is high 3s. 

Work Experience:
Big 4 Audit 2 years in Montreal
Big 4 Transaction Services - Deal Advisory M&A 2 years in Montreal
Top EU Investment Bank - working in Department of Finance - oversee all North and South America's operation, risk, as LOD1, and working on Bank's Global Finance/Accounting and Change project. I am located in Montreal, but working closely with NY, Paris Headquarter, and Asia. 

Have lots of extracarricular activities while I was in McGill, and currently I am TA in McGill (for 2+ years) and head of social committee in my current work place. 

I believe my work experience and international exposure could give some weights.

I also was told that there are only 2~3 MBA students from HEC Paris per year, so I shall be considered as minority - and most of them do not have any international experience, only have been working in Korea etc. So, I believe I hold some changes even if my GMAT is just on average or below average when I spoke to admission consultants. I am considering HEC Paris also, as currently I am working in French bank. 

Please provide me some advices and thoughts. I was wondering if I hire good admission consultant and formulate competitive admission essays, if I have a shot. 
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
gofhddl9494 wrote:
­Hello Everyone! 

I am originally from South Korea, currently working in Canada targeting Oxbridge or other EU MBAs.

I went to McGill University, with low 3s GPA out of 4, and scored 625 in GMAT FOCUS (well balanced, DI 86th, Q 76th, V70th in percentile) . I passed CFA Level 2, am taking Level 3 in this August. 
I also passed CFE - Canadian CPA Exam. My GPA for Graduate Dipoloma is high 3s. 

Work Experience:
Big 4 Audit 2 years in Montreal
Big 4 Transaction Services - Deal Advisory M&A 2 years in Montreal
Top EU Investment Bank - working in Department of Finance - oversee all North and South America's operation, risk, as LOD1, and working on Bank's Global Finance/Accounting and Change project. I am located in Montreal, but working closely with NY, Paris Headquarter, and Asia. 

Have lots of extracarricular activities while I was in McGill, and currently I am TA in McGill (for 2+ years) and head of social committee in my current work place. 

I believe my work experience and international exposure could give some weights.

I also was told that there are only 2~3 MBA students from HEC Paris per year, so I shall be considered as minority - and most of them do not have any international experience, only have been working in Korea etc. So, I believe I hold some changes even if my GMAT is just on average or below average when I spoke to admission consultants. I am considering HEC Paris also, as currently I am working in French bank. 

Please provide me some advices and thoughts. I was wondering if I hire good admission consultant and formulate competitive admission essays, if I have a shot. 

­I think with your profile and WE you do actually stand a chance. Some points to consider:
- Have you considered booking a meeting with the representatives of these schools to talk about your case? Their view will be probably biased towards you asking for admission but they can provide some general insight and guidance
- If you are at the beginning of your MBA journey, any chance you'd be able to increase your GMAT score? You don't need much, just a slight bump to overcome the low GPA

In any case, I would surely focus on the essays and storytelling, these can really make a difference in your case. Also, I don't know about HEC, but between Cambridge and Oxford usually Cambridge is a little bit stricter when it comes to academic requirements, as they require an UK 2:1 or an equivalent.

Hope this helps!­
GMAT Club Bot
Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Moderator:
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
105 posts