[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "217_school_count"
Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 : Judge (Cambridge) - Page 13
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 01:24 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 01:24
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q169 V151
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 61
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q82 V85 DI78
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
­Hello Everyone! 

I am originally from South Korea, currently working in Canada targeting Oxbridge or other EU MBAs.

I went to McGill University, with low 3s GPA out of 4, and scored 625 in GMAT FOCUS (well balanced, DI 86th, Q 76th, V70th in percentile) . I passed CFA Level 2, am taking Level 3 in this August. 
I also passed CFE - Canadian CPA Exam. My GPA for Graduate Dipoloma is high 3s. 

Work Experience:
Big 4 Audit 2 years in Montreal
Big 4 Transaction Services - Deal Advisory M&A 2 years in Montreal
Top EU Investment Bank - working in Department of Finance - oversee all North and South America's operation, risk, as LOD1, and working on Bank's Global Finance/Accounting and Change project. I am located in Montreal, but working closely with NY, Paris Headquarter, and Asia. 

Have lots of extracarricular activities while I was in McGill, and currently I am TA in McGill (for 2+ years) and head of social committee in my current work place. 

I believe my work experience and international exposure could give some weights.

I also was told that there are only 2~3 MBA students from HEC Paris per year, so I shall be considered as minority - and most of them do not have any international experience, only have been working in Korea etc. So, I believe I hold some changes even if my GMAT is just on average or below average when I spoke to admission consultants. I am considering HEC Paris also, as currently I am working in French bank. 

Please provide me some advices and thoughts. I was wondering if I hire good admission consultant and formulate competitive admission essays, if I have a shot. 
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
gofhddl9494 wrote:
­Hello Everyone! 

I am originally from South Korea, currently working in Canada targeting Oxbridge or other EU MBAs.

I went to McGill University, with low 3s GPA out of 4, and scored 625 in GMAT FOCUS (well balanced, DI 86th, Q 76th, V70th in percentile) . I passed CFA Level 2, am taking Level 3 in this August. 

Work Experience:
Top EU Investment Bank - working in Department of Finance - oversee all North and South America's operation, risk, as LOD1, and working on Bank's Global Finance/Accounting and Change project. I am located in Montreal, but working closely with NY, Paris Headquarter, and Asia. 

Have lots of extracarricular activities while I was in McGill, and currently I am TA in McGill (for 2+ years) and head of social committee in my current work place. 

I believe my work experience and international exposure could give some weights.

I also was told that there are only 2~3 MBA students from HEC Paris per year, so I shall be considered as minority - and most of them do not have any international experience, only have been working in Korea etc. So, I believe I hold some changes even if my GMAT is just on average or below average when I spoke to admission consultants. I am considering HEC Paris also, as currently I am working in French bank. 

Please provide me some advices and thoughts. I was wondering if I hire good admission consultant and formulate competitive admission essays, if I have a shot. 

­I think with your profile and WE you do actually stand a chance. Some points to consider:
- Have you considered booking a meeting with the representatives of these schools to talk about your case? Their view will be probably biased towards you asking for admission but they can provide some general insight and guidance
- If you are at the beginning of your MBA journey, any chance you'd be able to increase your GMAT score? You don't need much, just a slight bump to overcome the low GPA

In any case, I would surely focus on the essays and storytelling, these can really make a difference in your case. Also, I don't know about HEC, but between Cambridge and Oxford usually Cambridge is a little bit stricter when it comes to academic requirements, as they require an UK 2:1 or an equivalent.

Hope this helps!­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Judge '25 (A)
WE:Asset Management (Finance)
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
­Applied, 24/04 (Round 5). Just received Interview Invite. Any idea what the acceptance rate is post interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q82 V85 DI78
Send PM
Kudos
Focus on your prep irrespective of the rate of acceptance. If you have it in you, you will get through

YBG97 wrote:
­Applied, 24/04 (Round 5). Just received Interview Invite. Any idea what the acceptance rate is post interview?

Posted from my mobile device
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
YBG97 wrote:

­Hi YBG97,

congratulations on your invitation to interview.

It's always hard to talk about acceptance rates because it depends on each round and the quality of applications received. But in my experience, the acceptance rate post-interview is usually on the higher side (50-75%).

According to some articles, the overall acceptance rate at Judge is usually around 33%. And, usually, 50% of applicants are invited to interview. So, we can do the math ;)

I understand having stats can give you some peace of mind. However, I would still try my best to nail the interview as if chances of admission were very slim.

I hope this helps.

Warm regards
Alex­
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
Expert Reply
gofhddl9494 wrote:
­Hello Everyone! 

Work Experience:

­

You've got a solid profile and I would suggest going ahead and taking that chance with the current GMAT score. Here's what you will need to do-
Since your GPA sounds average and GMAT is on the lower side, you must give the admissions teams the comfort that you will be academically strong at b-school. To prove your quantitative capability, you can make a case by highlighting your CPE/CFA certifications, specifying what skills and MBA relevant subject knowledge you have gained and how you have used it at work to achieve great results. Also talk about the highly analytical nature of your work. If you train others on the technical stuff, break it down to simpler concepts, that would be an added bonus. It will also help you point to your communication skills and fluency in English (can matter as you are probably not a native English speaker). Secondly, elaborate more on your communication skills and English fluency by mentioning about working in multidimensional and global teams. Good communication skills and ability to contribute in the classroom is the other big thing adcoms want to ascertain. 
You can highlight these skills all across your application- resume, essays, recommendations, application form (job descriptions focusing upon the  importance of the work you do for your org). 
Living in Canada, if you picked up some French, that would be an added bonus.
Other than this, you have some very strong points - your work exp is highly multinational and b-schools would appreciate that.  The leadership element seems to be getting covered with this: oversee all North and South America's operation, risk, as LOD1, and working on Bank's Global Finance/Accounting and Change project
Do reach out if you want help with your applications.

Namita Garg,
Founder, MBA Decoder
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Email: contact@mbadecoder.com
Sign up for a FREE Profile evaluation: https://mbadecoder.com/services/free-pr ... valuation/­
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Hey guys, may I ask has Round 5 interview started this year?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q82 V85 DI78
Send PM
Jonathan034 wrote:
Hey guys, may I ask has Round 5 interview started this year?

Did you apply in round 5?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
I applied in round 4, but my interview has been delayed to round 5 due to my personal reasons. Fortunately, I received message from Adcom yesterday.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q82 V85 DI78
Send PM
Jonathan034 wrote:
I applied in round 4, but my interview has been delayed to round 5 due to my personal reasons. Fortunately, I received message from Adcom yesterday.

Congratulations on your invite!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Dear all, I have had my interview for round 5 this week but I have to say that it was more like a Q&A instead of a dialogue, despite the alumni comments. The interviewer did not make any comment. Only smiled twice or something. Contrarily, the 2 interviews with other schools in Europe were quite interactive. The professors followed up with my answers and actually gave feedback about the overall interview experience. So right now, I did not understand if I have failed the interview or it is the attitude of JBS. Any suggestions?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Judge '25 (A)
WE:Asset Management (Finance)
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for everyone that responded to earlier question about the interview. I had my interview on Monday (10/06) and received my offer today (14/06)
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q82 V85 DI78
Send PM
Congratulations 🥂
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 789 [0]
Given Kudos: 1576
Send PM
Anyone here doing the EMBA from Judge?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
YBG97 wrote:
Thanks for everyone that responded to earlier question about the interview. I had my interview on Monday (10/06) and received my offer today (14/06)

That’s correct! Cambridge gets pretty quick with giving a reply post June 1 of that very year’s intake.

However, it’s also quite based on luck. They’ve a 10% diversity quota so if they’ve filled that up already- then the chance is gone.

Reach out to discuss your profile and subsequent profile building and storyline formulation required for 2025 intake.

We got 6 admits to their MSc Finance Program and 4 admits to their MBA program this year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Profile evaluation for top European Business schools:
10th- 90%
12th – 90%
Btech- 68% (Tier II College)
GMAT- 760
Work Experience:
Working as a Gp ‘B’ Officer in Ministry of Defence, Government of India for ~ 8 years.
Handling General Management and HR related work of around 2000 employees all over India
Work Achievements:
Fastest and youngest to be Awarded commendation from the Head of Office.
Overhaul of Defence Medical Depots relating to their manpower management issues and medical stores.
Active participation in the ‘Mission Recruitment Mode’ of the Government of India where total 10 lakh vacancies have been filled in less than 1 yr.
Prepared the Transfer Policy for the Defence Civilians under MoD for the first time.
Worked as an officer in Conducting the Lok Sabha Elections of India in 2019 and 2024.
Worked as a coordinator overseeing the arrangements for the republic day parade in 2024.
Work also involved Liaisoning with PMO, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of law etc
Extra Curricular Activities:
Worked as volunteer for CRY Foundation and Hindustan times campaign in my college days. Worked in the slums of Delhi and got various students admitted to government schools by convincing their parents and children alike, which included a divorced girl.
Quora writer with around 3.5 lakh content views till date. Answer questions on Government jobs, GMAT, etc
Part of Musical Club during college.

Pls provide genuine review, feedback and your take on chances for admission the top European B schools.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Moderator:
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
109 posts