It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 23:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 05:57
manojsundar1 wrote:
There are a lot of us in the same boat herePandeyg21

Guys, have you checked the view results stats for your Video Essay? If your V.Essay haven't been watched yet, probably your application is on its way to be reviewed.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT Date: 07-05-2015
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 09:03
Has anyone received any acceptance..got over wid my interview on 19th november

Current Student

GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 22:58
Bad news:

Tuition fees

Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents
(Landed Immigrants)

$45,656 CAD*

International Students

$65,998 CAD*

:cry:

Retired Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 08:10
Wrote the admissions committee and received the same response. Apparently due to the volume of applications received, they'd take between 6-8 weeks. Wonderful!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 08:12
VijayG6387 wrote:
Wrote the admissions committee and received the same response. Apparently due to the volume of applications received, they'd take between 6-8 weeks. Wonderful!

May be an auto-reply :P

Retired Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 08:15
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

May be an auto-reply :P

I hope so, or we could be wasting their time and it will take even more time for them to get back to us. :P

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 19:30
Guys, Help Needed! (International Students)

I got an email saying that they require my official Degree Certificate ASAP as a part of the application.
Did you guys happen to submit any? I believe that there is one and only copy of the Degree Certificate from the college and hence I have submitted/uploaded a scan copy of the same in the App Portal.
How did you guys manage?

Those who have been interviewed, can you please shed some light in this regard?
Or anyone?

Current Student
B
Affiliations: PMI

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 20:42
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:

I got an email saying that they require my official Degree Certificate ASAP as a part of the application.
Did you guys happen to submit any? I believe that there is one and only copy of the Degree Certificate from the college and hence I have submitted/uploaded a scan copy of the same in the App Portal.
How did you guys manage?

Or anyone?

Even I got this message:-
Status Date 10th December 2015
Status Message We are happy to inform you that your application has been passed on to our admissions committee for an initial review. Once the review is complete, we'll update your status accordingly.

They also have asked for the course certificate, about which I am not clear. So I have sent them a mail asking for clarity. At least I consider it "so far so good"! :)
Perhaps somebody who has been interviewed could share if you also have received some message like the one above? :)

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 21:39
shyamnambiar wrote:
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:

How did you guys manage?

Or anyone?

Status Message We are happy to inform you that your application has been passed on to our admissions committee for an initial review. Once the review is complete, we'll update your status accordingly.

They also have asked for the course certificate, about which I am not clear. So I have sent them a mail asking for clarity. At least I consider it "so far so good"! :)
Perhaps somebody who has been interviewed could share if you also have received some message like the one above? :)

"so far so good" haha!
Well I will call them up tonight, as I would not want to wait for their email-reply.
Will let you know once done.
For me they have asked just the Degree Certificate, it's actually strange. I mean why would anyone submit the Original Degree Cert at the time of application, had I been admitted it would have been a different situation.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 23:12
They will require attested Degree certificate and not your original degree certificate. It is part of their Application requirement as per the website. I remember asking them sometime in November and thats what they said.
Detail :
http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/M ... ranscripts : Check under Degree certificate section.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Retired Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 23:25
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
shyamnambiar wrote:

"so far so good" haha!
Well I will call them up tonight, as I would not want to wait for their email-reply.
For me they have asked just the Degree Certificate, it's actually strange. I mean why would anyone submit the Original Degree Cert at the time of application, had I been admitted it would have been a different situation.

I donot think they'd need your original UG certificate even if you get admitted. They are probably referring to the original transcript as a hardcopy, that needs mailing? Have you mailed/couriered it to them?

Retired Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 23:29
No change in the status of my application.. yet. :/

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 00:07
nb06 wrote:
They will require attested Degree certificate and not your original degree certificate. It is part of their Application requirement as per the website. I remember asking them sometime in November and thats what they said.
Detail :
http://www.sauder.ubc.ca/Programs/MBA/M ... ranscripts : Check under Degree certificate section.

Any idea if this attestation is to be necessarily done by the college? or even a notarized signature would do?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 00:09
VijayG6387 wrote:
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
shyamnambiar wrote:

"so far so good" haha!

I donot think they'd need your original UG certificate even if you get admitted. They are probably referring to the original transcript as a hardcopy, that needs mailing? Have you mailed/couriered it to them?

Have couriered them the Official hard copy months back. Someone replied that we need to send an attested Degree Certificate too.
If you have submitted both of these, you should not worry about. I am sure that they are starting to review all the application, we can expect to hear from them anytime. :D

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 00:36
still waiting for a response from them

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 37

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT Date: 07-05-2015

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 02:39
The wait is killing me.. However I do hope UBC will inform the status of R1 applicants prior to their christmas holidays..

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 04:17
sghosal99 wrote:
The wait is killing me.. However I do hope UBC will inform the status of R1 applicants prior to their christmas holidays..

am already dead :P

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 89

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 09:19
Guys who should attest the copy kindly let me know. I got the same mail yesterday.
Thanks!
-Shreyas

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 89

Retired Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 09:25
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
nb06 wrote:
Detail :

Any idea if this attestation is to be necessarily done by the college? or even a notarized signature would do?

The attestation has to be from the University. I think that's what makes it official. When you ask your university for transcripts, they normally hand out a transcript showing your grades for all the semesters and an attested copy of your degree certificate if your transcript does not clearly mention the degree you were conferred.
I graduated from Anna University Chennai, and my transcript is completely different from my consolidated marksheet. And I also got the attested degree as part of the same request.
Please speak to your university.

Retired Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 09:28
Shreks1190 wrote:
Guys who should attest the copy kindly let me know. I got the same mail yesterday.
Thanks!
-Shreyas

Applicants from India generally get transcripts from the universities. They might not necessarily be just attested copies of your consolidated marksheet. So please do not scan/copy your marksheet + degree and get someone to attest it. The proper way is to contact the university and ask for a transcript. It normally comes with an attested consolidated marksheet and a degree certificate.

Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17   [#permalink] 11 Dec 2015, 09:28

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22    Next  [ 439 posts ] 

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap