Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT Date: 12-22-2014
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
varun92 wrote:
Hi.....I am an International applicant from India....got an admit for fall 2016 today. Anyone else here?

Congrats man!!!

Thank you and All the best :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]
VijayG6387 wrote:
varun92 wrote:
Hi.....I am an International applicant from India....got an admit for fall 2016 today. Anyone else here?

Congrats Varun, all the very best. Could you please share your profile here? a bit about your UG, experience, GMAT.etc?

Hi Vijaya.... Thank you. I did B.tech in Compuer Science..and would have work experience of close to 3 years in mobile ad technology by the time I join....My GMAT score is 700. All the best with your results :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Everybody!

I had an interview yesterday, my interviewer told me that the admission process has began not long ago, thus dont panic and keep waiting for your invitations to interview. By the way take 2-3 weeks more after your iView to receive a decision. I presume AdCom is going to end R1 admission by the X-Mas.

P.S.
My interviewer was suprised by the news that at least one person has been already admitted by the Sauder.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
I had an admit from Sauder last year. However, due to personal reason I had to defer my admission. Looking forward to meeting those who have got an admit from Sauder. Also, I believe they are increasing the tution fee for fall 2016 by around 10k. Feel free to ask any question that you may have about the program!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Abhimirage wrote:
I had an admit from Sauder last year. However, due to personal reason I had to defer my admission. Looking forward to meeting those who have got an admit from Sauder. Also, I believe they are increasing the tution fee for fall 2016 by around 10k. Feel free to ask any question that you may have about the program!

Hi Abhi.....Congratzzz...I have got an admit for fall 2016....If you are there on https://gmatclub.com/chat, please pm me your number....would like to connect with you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
In the interview, i asked about the work permit. Its confirmed, one will get a work permit of 16 months unless its a 2 year program.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
aakashbaweja wrote:
In the interview, i asked about the work permit. Its confirmed, one will get a work permit of 16 months unless its a 2 year program.

Nice.. and I am sure once you complete a year at work you can go ahead and apply for PR. So should work out okay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
aakashbaweja wrote:

Nice.. and I am sure once you complete a year at work you can go ahead and apply for PR. So should work out okay.

yes one can do that...but as far as i have heard..it takes about 9 months atleast to get PR...now that can pose a teeny tiny issue...so i think 3 year work visa should be more preferable
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
aakashbaweja wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
aakashbaweja wrote:

yes one can do that...but as far as i have heard..it takes about 9 months atleast to get PR...now that can pose a teeny tiny issue...so i think 3 year work visa should be more preferable

I agree with the 3 year preference. Just to add, apparently it now only takes between 4-6 months as Express Entry is in place. :) An acquaintance of mine applied from within India and got it in 6 months (May - Nov).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Anyone with status "Admissions Committee 1st Review" and still waiting for Interview call ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
No change to mine at all. It is as though it has slipped through the first review phase. :/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
Neither in mine.

I have had this experience when I applied for Olin and the result was a disaster. I hope this one is different, I can't help myself from checking the application status every now and then and also looking up in the GMAT Club of any new update. The application routine would kill me, if not my laziness. :snipersmile:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
Send PM
nb06 wrote:
Anyone with status "Admissions Committee 1st Review" and still waiting for Interview call ?

Hi nb06,
When did you submit your application? just wondering if they are reviewing applications by day of submission/ in alphabetical order... I have a feeling they are going alphabetically (surname)...
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I applied on 2nd Nov, status changed on 22nd Nov. If they are doing this alphabetically, then my surname start from "B" :( .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
if they are reviewing the application alphabetically, I believe I can hear from them at the last. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: International Business, Statistics
GMAT Date: 07-24-2015
GPA: 2.79
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Anyone else received interview invite? I'm still waiting for mine.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
There are a lot of us in the same boat herePandeyg21
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts