GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 11:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: PMI
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 09:39
aakashbaweja wrote:
I got my interview invite on 24 Nov...Have booked the slot for 3 Dec..

Congrats, and good luck :)
Also, could you update status on the school please?
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 10:11
just mailed sauder and this is the reply i got
"Our Admissions Committee will evaluate your file within 4-6 weeks of the application deadline for which you submitted. Due to the high volume of applications at this time, this review process could take up to 8 weeks from the application deadline"
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 11:11
manojsundar1 wrote:
just mailed sauder and this is the reply i got
"Our Admissions Committee will evaluate your file within 4-6 weeks of the application deadline for which you submitted. Due to the high volume of applications at this time, this review process could take up to 8 weeks from the application deadline"

This sounds like an auto-reply. :think:
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 12:28
VijayG6387 wrote:
aakashbaweja wrote:

Hey Aakash, if you have a moment, could you please let us know too? Would help us ease our anxiety. :)

Hi Vijay,

I a B.Tech-IT graduate with 2 yrs work ex till now. 690-gmat. Applied on 2nd Nov. Application received by admission committee on 23 Nov..got interview invite on 24th Nov.

I hope this helps...i hope u all soon get the interview invite.

BTW any1 has any idea whether 16 month mba from UBC wiill get u a 3 year work visa for sure?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 20:45
aakashbaweja wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
aakashbaweja wrote:

Hey Aakash, if you have a moment, could you please let us know too? Would help us ease our anxiety. :)

Hi Vijay,

I a B.Tech-IT graduate with 2 yrs work ex till now. 690-gmat. Applied on 2nd Nov. Application received by admission committee on 23 Nov..got interview invite on 24th Nov.

BTW any1 has any idea whether 16 month mba from UBC wiill get u a 3 year work visa for sure?

From what I know, If the course is divided into four semesters, we should be eligible for 3 years of work visa. But again, I have also been told by one person that UBC's MBA Program would give me 16 months of work visa. So there is a confusion.
You have your interview on 3rd Dec, you should ask this question to your interviewer. :-D

All the best bro and do let us know how it went.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2015, 06:56
aakashbaweja wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
aakashbaweja wrote:

Hi Vijay,

Congrats, dude :)
I had attended the webinar of UBC. They clearly state that the visa would be for 16 months. Perhaps what they dont say is "at least" at the end of 16 months :)
Above 12 months in canada qualifies for a 3 year PGWP, but after that it is up to the Immigration officer to stamp 16, 24 or 36 months! :)That is why they don't clearly say 3 years PGWP. Nobody (not even Rotman, like they do on the site) can say that for sure.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2015, 08:13
Quote:
Hi Vijay,

Quote:
Congrats, dude :)
I had attended the webinar of UBC. They clearly state that the visa would be for 16 months. Perhaps what they dont say is "at least" at the end of 16 months :)
Above 12 months in canada qualifies for a 3 year PGWP, but after that it is up to the Immigration officer to stamp 16, 24 or 36 months! :)That is why they don't clearly say 3 years PGWP. Nobody (not even Rotman, like they do on the site) can say that for sure.

In my Desautels Interview, me and the interviewer clearly and comfortably talked about the 3 year work permit. Now Desautels MBA is of 20 months. I wonder how much difference these 4 extra months can make to the work permit
Retired Moderator
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2015, 08:38
aakashbaweja wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
aakashbaweja wrote:

Hi Vijay,

All the very best buddy. If I am not wrong, if you have a year of work experience in Canada, you can then apply for a PR. So I don't think 16 months or 3 years will matter much. :) Again, all the very best, hope we end up in the same class. :P
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Statistics
GMAT Date: 07-24-2015
GPA: 2.79
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 11:04
Anyone else received interview invite?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 20:14
Hi.....I am an International applicant from India....got an admit for fall 2016 today. Anyone else here?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 02 Dec 2015, 20:50
varun92 wrote:
Hi.....I am an International applicant from India....got an admit for fall 2016 today. Anyone else here?

Congrats!! I don't think anyone else has even received the interview invitation yet. So will you be joining sauder or have other schools in waitlist too? Also, would you mind sharing a bit about your background?

Originally posted by Pandeyg21 on 02 Dec 2015, 20:44.
Last edited by Pandeyg21 on 02 Dec 2015, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 20:50
Pandeyg21 wrote:
varun92 wrote:

Congrats!! I don't think anyone else has even received the interview invitation yet. So will you be joining sauder or have other schools in waitlist too?

I have not decided yet. Yeah couple of other college results are pending....financing is a big constraint for me and I haven't yet received any word on scholarship in the admit letter...so not sure.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 20:52
varun92 wrote:
Pandeyg21 wrote:
varun92 wrote:

Congrats!! I don't think anyone else has even received the interview invitation yet. So will you be joining sauder or have other schools in waitlist too?

I have not decided yet. Yeah couple of other college results are pending....financing is a big constraint for me and I haven't yet received any word on scholarship in the admit letter...so not sure.

Yup, that's a big issue for most of the intl. students. Anyways, you got admit and have a safe option now!!

Would you mind sharing a bit about your background too? And about your interview experience and questions?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 21:04
varun92 wrote:

Congrats man!!!
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 21:39
varun92 wrote:

Congrats Varun, all the very best. Could you please share your profile here? a bit about your UG, experience, GMAT.etc?
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 21:41
Looks like a majority of the applicants are from India. :) Competitive! :) All the best to everyone.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 03:22
Hi guys, I’ve been reading ur posts for couple of months and it was very interesting and fun cuz I feel the same way!

I was notified that my application passed on adcom 23th Nov and Im waiting for the interview invitation.

It seems still reasonable even if Sauder raise the fee up to $66,000 but I still think its crazy tho.

I felt also nervous after i submitted my application but I guess we will have the interview eventually.

I got an interview for U of Alberta today and am waiting for the result coming out in three weeks.

Good luck everyone. :o

+ btw, I got an email from director Holiday and he just arrived from MBA tours at 26th Nov.
If I’m right that he is one of adcom members and all of adcom members should review applications on the same table, then the review started from 26th.
Just my guess!
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 09:45
Natekim87 wrote:
Hi guys, I’ve been reading ur posts for couple of months and it was very interesting and fun cuz I feel the same way!

I was notified that my application passed on adcom 23th Nov and Im waiting for the interview invitation.

It seems still reasonable even if Sauder raise the fee up to $66,000 but I still think its crazy tho.

I felt also nervous after i submitted my application but I guess we will have the interview eventually.

I got an interview for U of Alberta today and am waiting for the result coming out in three weeks.

+ btw, I got an email from director Holiday and he just arrived from MBA tours at 26th Nov.
If I’m right that he is one of adcom members and all of adcom members should review applications on the same table, then the review started from 26th.
Just my guess!

Did you get a mail saying your app had been passed to the AdCom, after you submitted your application? That seems a new turn from what we have experienced! :)
Anyway, good detective work on Michael Holladay's schedule and link to the AdCom review dates! Hope that is true!:)
Anybody else with invites for interview or confirmed decisions? People, kindly update your status against "My Schools", so that the applicant summary is updated and we get a more realistic picture ! :)
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 09:46
VijayG6387 wrote:
Looks like a majority of the applicants are from India. :) Competitive! :) All the best to everyone.

In the small, globally diverse class, looks as if it is about 20% Indians and maybe an equal % of Chinese! :)
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2015, 09:47
Natekim87 wrote:

Just my guess!

All the best Nate. Could you also please join us in the University of Alberta thread for fall 2016 intake? There are a couple of us there. :)
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 &nbs [#permalink] 03 Dec 2015, 09:47

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22    Next  [ 440 posts ] 

Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap